PDA

View Full Version : Pirates CEO Denies Talking with Reds about ST Facilities

Red Hot Mama
03-02-2006, 09:42 PM
Last weekend a few stories came out about the Reds and Pirates being in early negotiations for a joint spring training facility in Sarasota. Today on the Pirates' official site, CEO Kevin McClatchy denied that he'd been involved in any such talks.

"Where that came from, I'm not sure." McClatchy said.

You can read more about it on Red Hot Mama:
http://www.red-hot-mama.com/comments.php?id=395_0_1_0_C

When this story first came out, there was some discussion of it being a ploy by the Pirates to put the pressure on Bradenton to install lights at the field and otherwise improve the facilities. Have the Reds been caught in the middle of a power play?

TeamBoone
03-02-2006, 11:10 PM
Yeah, I think one of the articles posted in that thread stated the same thing.

Weird. How can "they" (whomever that may be) just say untrue things to the press. The media does enough itself; it doesn't need any help.

Cedric
03-02-2006, 11:26 PM
I have an inside "source" that gives me info sometimes. He said the Reds are gonna be terrible this year. It's nice being connected.

MartyFan
03-03-2006, 08:03 AM
I can see the headline now...

INSIDE SOURCE STATES THE OBVIOUS

IN OTHER NEWS
HITLER WAS A BAD MAN....

TeamBoone
03-03-2006, 12:02 PM
Friday, March 3, 2006
Reds notebook
BY JOHN FAY | ENQUIRER STAFF WRITER

ARIZONA TALK: The Arizona Republic reported that the Arizona cities of Goodyear, Case Grande and Glendale are considering building spring training facilities to try to lure two teams from Florida. The Reds were mentioned in the story as a possible team.

The club's lease in Sarasota is up in 2008.

But Reds CEO Bob Castellini has made it clear the club wants to stay in Sarasota.

"We want to be in Sarasota," Castellini said on his first visit to the Ed Smith Stadium facility. "We're not going to act like we don't."

The Reds are heavily involved in an effort to rebuild or at least upgrade the facilities at Sarasota.

No one from the Reds was quoted in the Republic's story.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060303/SPT04/603030347/1071/SPT04