PDA

View Full Version : BP on Woemack

flyer85
03-03-2006, 02:51 PM
from their team health reports

Another year removed from Tommy John surgery, Womack’s elbow is no longer a risk, at least in terms of his health. What remains to be seen is whether the Reds prefer to win, or mess with Womack’s baseball card.

BRM
03-03-2006, 02:52 PM
That's good stuff.

TeamBoone
03-03-2006, 03:23 PM
I wonder... is anyone in the Reds' FO paid to search/read all Reds articles and pass on a synopsis of each one to the owners/GM/Manager?

If not, there should be. When it's said in a ton of articles, perhaps they might begin to listen.

I know the players often say they don't read/listen/watch stuff. Fine. But the FO shouldn't work in a vacuum... they should be on top of what's being said about them/the team.

Danny Serafini
03-03-2006, 03:32 PM
If they did that they'd wind up releasing Dunn since every two-bit hack writer just takes cheap shots about his strikeouts.

TeamBoone
03-03-2006, 03:51 PM
Well, yeah, but some things you take with a grain of salt. They should be smart enough to separate the wheat from the chaff. But they should look at it all.

Heath
03-03-2006, 04:03 PM
The hope, obviously is that Womack gets beat out of a position and proves his incompetence.

The problem is, it still might not be enough.

KronoRed
03-03-2006, 04:04 PM
The job is his, no matter what happens in ST.

Heath
03-03-2006, 04:05 PM
The job is his, no matter what happens in ST.

Let's take a little out of the RZ & GAC tip jar and send you down there and "take out his legs" ;)

Chip R
03-03-2006, 04:08 PM
The hope, obviously is that Womack gets beat out of a position and proves his incompetence.

The problem is, it still might not be enough.

I bet he'll at least platoon with Freel at 2nd to start the season. I'm guessing he will get on base just enough to steal some bases and that will endear him to Narron and Wayne. Hopefully he'll have a season like he did last year which will force the reds into cutting him. Perhaps someone can go down and abuse him so much he'll flip them the bird. ;)

registerthis
03-03-2006, 04:18 PM
Let's take a little out of the RZ & GAC tip jar and send you down there and "take out his legs" ;)

You mean pull a "Mr. Burns" on him?

http://www.animationartgallery.com/images/SIM/SIMCNS31.jpg