PDA

View Full Version : Fashion Looks You Cannot Stand

Dom Heffner
03-03-2006, 05:13 PM
Polo shirts with khakis and gym shoes- this is a great look if you work at Best Buy, CompUSA, or Target, but otherwise don't do it. I used to work at a place where this was the uniform for trade shows, and I tell you, I felt like an N-E-R-D everytime I suited up. Yes, I like computers, no, I don't want to look like I work on them for a living.

Jeans with no belt- Just stop. Really.

I'll let you guys come up with some more.

KronoRed
03-03-2006, 05:14 PM
Jeans with no belt- Just stop. Really.

Ok..what's the problem with this?

I hate belts..I really do..if the stuff doesn't fit I don't wear it ;)

KronoRed
03-03-2006, 05:15 PM
Shorts that are above the knee on men.

UGH

pedro
03-03-2006, 05:21 PM

UGH

Depends on how short. If you are a guy sporting OP's Magnum P.I. style then I'd agree, but honestly I hate shorts that go past the knee, you might as well wear capri pants.

I hate the whole sideways baseball cap thing. Especially on suburban white teenagers.

Did you know the whole wearing your pants down around your butt with no belt is derivative of jail house fashion? They take your belt away in jail so you can't hang yourself and wearing your pants that way is a way of insinuating that you've been on the "inside"

vaticanplum
03-03-2006, 05:23 PM

UGH

I say shorts, period. For anyone past puberty. Girls: dresses and skirts serve the same purpose and are a thousand times more attractive. Guys: the extent that you will look better in pants (no pleats) will make up for the fact that you may be a bit warmer than you would be in shorts

Also: flip-flops. Maybe for the beach or hanging around the house. They are not for the subway or the grocery store. This is gross.

If you need a belt with your jeans, they're too big. Give them to the Salvation Army and buy a pair that fits you.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt though as I am a FREAK about clothes. I could seriously go on for fifteen paragraphs on this topic.

max venable
03-03-2006, 05:25 PM
I say shorts, period. For anyone past puberty. Girls: dresses and skirts serve the same purpose and are a thousand times more attractive. Guys: the extent that you will look better in pants (no pleats) will make up for the fact that you may be a bit warmer than you would be in shorts

Also: flip-flops. Maybe for the beach or hanging around the house. They are not for the subway or the grocery store. This is gross.

In the summer, I wear flipflops everywhere. And shorts too. :) So sue me!

vaticanplum
03-03-2006, 05:28 PM
In the summer, I wear flipflops everywhere. And shorts too. :) So sue me!

Ah, you and much of America. I will not sue, I will just quietly judge superficially and shallow-ly.

Matt700wlw
Shorts that go to the ankles....

pedro

If you need a belt with your jeans, they're too big. Give them to the Salvation Army and buy a pair that fits you.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt though as I am a FREAK about clothes. I could seriously go on for fifteen paragraphs on this topic.

I love shorts. I wear them 6 months a year.

pedro
03-03-2006, 05:29 PM
what kills me is people who wear flip flops into public restrooms.

yuck.

pedro
03-03-2006, 05:30 PM
I don't really like sandals on guys.

max venable
03-03-2006, 05:30 PM
My pastor never, and I mean never, wears socks. Even when he preaches on Sunday mornings...no socks. Weird but that's just him. He's a very cool guy with little fashion sense. ;)

Red Leader
03-03-2006, 05:33 PM
what kills me is people who wear flip flops into public restrooms.

yuck.

It bothers me when I see teenagers wearing flip flops in Ohio. In the dead of winter. Someone ought to slap these kids. :bang:

KronoRed
03-03-2006, 05:33 PM
Black socks with shorts

Red Leader
03-03-2006, 05:35 PM
I get annoyed with the whole "double polo," or layed polo look. Dude, if one polo isn't warm enough for you, put on a jacket.

vaticanplum
03-03-2006, 05:37 PM
Black socks with shorts

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

black socks with ANYTHING but black shoes.

(this is a fun game: I agree with Krono's opinions on fashion crimes, then one-up them.)

pedro
03-03-2006, 05:37 PM
Button down shirts with "crests" on them.

So very thurston howell.

pedro
03-03-2006, 05:39 PM
AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

black socks with ANYTHING but black shoes.

(this is a fun game: I agree with Krono's opinions on fashion crimes, then one-up them.)

I'm wearing black socks with black chuck taylor low tops rights now.

socks and sandals.

pedro
03-03-2006, 05:40 PM
Guys who wear a lot of jewelry.

KronoRed
03-03-2006, 05:43 PM
You mean bling? :D

Dom Heffner
03-03-2006, 05:46 PM
Ok..what's the problem with this?

I hate belts..I really do..if the stuff doesn't fit I don't wear it

I'll clarify a bit- guys who tuck in their shirts and don't wear belts.

If that's you, krono...c'mon, buddy...if you're going to tuck, you have to wear a belt. I don't have a life or death reason to do it, other than after you sit down for 15 minutes, even the slightest fat roll bends the top of the jean down so when you stand up your jeans are rolled under along the waist band.

KronoRed
03-03-2006, 05:47 PM
Yeah I'm clear, I never tuck my shirt in.

Falls City Beer
03-03-2006, 05:48 PM
Coach shorts that show off man-junk.

Dom Heffner
03-03-2006, 05:48 PM
Yeah I'm clear, I never tuck my shirt in.

Whew.. I thought someone up there might issue a warrant for your arrest. :)

Falls City Beer
03-03-2006, 05:56 PM
If dames can wear jeans that show off their buttcrack, then I ought to be able to wear slacks that show off my t'aint.

smith288
03-03-2006, 06:05 PM
If dames can wear jeans that show off their buttcrack, then I ought to be able to wear slacks that show off my t'aint.
Someone ban him... NOW... Post haste.

pedro
03-03-2006, 06:22 PM

Crack kills man.

creek14
03-03-2006, 06:43 PM
G strings above the wasteband of jeans and a$$ cap tattoos.

MWM
03-03-2006, 06:54 PM
Flip flops with long pants.

Jeans that look like they haven't been washed in years. And they could be right off the shelf.

And while we're on that topic, perhaps my #1 fashion annoyance is the overall grungy/dirty look. It seems like young people want to look like they haven't showered, washed their hair, or changed their clothes in months. I normally understand fashions even when I don't like them, but this one I don't get.

Similarly, men who wear their hair in the "messy" style like they woke up, threw some gel in their hands and just randomly ran their fingers through their hair. I wonder how long it takes to get ready in the morning? And it seems like 90% of all celebrity men have their hair this way these dyas. Hers' on example.

http://images.usatoday.com/life/_photos/2004/2004-03/24-ryan-seacrest-inside.jpg

I also hate the hip-huggers on women because most of the time, it's very unflattering to the girl, even ones with great figures.

Men who wear skin tight shirts. We get it, you work out. Do you realize every other guy in the bar is laughing their ass off at how ridiculous you look?

Put me down as hating long and baggy shorts. Anything below the knee is defeating the purpose of wearing shorts. And it looks like the guys who are wearing them have a hard time walking in them because they all seem to be waddling.

Nose rings on women. I just don't like they way they look.

Beanies. When did sock hats become fashionable? When worn for any other reason than to keep your head warm, this could be the dumbest looking fashion trend ever.

pedro
03-03-2006, 06:57 PM
Flip flops with long pants.

Jeans that look like they haven't been washed in years. And they could be right off the shelf.

And while we're on that topic, perhaps my #1 fashion annoyance is the overall grungy/dirty look. It seems like young people want to look like they haven't showered, washed their hair, or changed their clothes in months. I normally understand fashions even when I don't like them, but this one I don't get.

Similarly, men who wear their hair in the "messy" style like they woke up, threw some gel in their hands and just randomly ran their fingers through their hair. I wonder how long it takes to get ready in the morning? And it seems like 90% of all celebrity men have their hair this way these dyas. Hers' on example.

http://images.usatoday.com/life/_photos/2004/2004-03/24-ryan-seacrest-inside.jpg

I also hate the hip-huggers on women because most of the time, it's very unflattering to the girl, even ones with great figures.

Men who wear skin tight shirts. We get it, you work out. Do you realize every other guy in the bar is laughing their ass off at how ridiculous you look?

Put me down as hating long and baggy shorts. Anything below the knee is defeating the purpose of wearing shorts. And it looks like the guys who are wearing them have a hard time walking in them because they all seem to be waddling.

Nose rings on women. I just don't like they way they look.

Beanies. When did sock hats become fashionable? When worn for any other reason than to keep your head warm, this could be the dumbest looking fashion trend ever.

You'd lose your mind out here in Portland MWM. That's what half the people wear (not me).

MWM
03-03-2006, 07:06 PM
You'd lose your mind out here in Portland MWM. That's what half the people wear (not me).

Yeah, most warm weather climates tends towards the fads I hate. I sound like an old fuddy-dud with that list. And I'm not a clean-cut, prim and proper look guy. I don't care for that either. But I just hate the grungy look. It makes no sense to me. But I'm allowed to complain about modern day fashions. I'm 31 years old.

pedro
03-03-2006, 07:12 PM
Yeah, most warm weather climates tends towards the fads I hate. I sound like an old fuddy-dud with that list. And I'm not a clean-cut, prim and proper look guy. I don't care for that either. But I just hate the grungy look. It makes no sense to me. But I'm allowed to complain about modern day fashions. I'm 31 years old.

31 eh? Your just an old man aren't ya?

I'm anti-fashion. I've been dressing the same way for 20 years. jeans, t shirts, sweat shirts, flannels or other long sleeve button down shirts, fleeces, chuck taylors or boots.

I own one suit and no ties. It's a damn nice suit though. I wore it to a wedding last weekend.

MWM
03-03-2006, 07:16 PM
I'm the same way. I wear jeans and T-shirts or sweatshirts and regular sneakers 90% of the time I'm not at work.

And complaining about modern day fashions is a rite of passage into your 30s.

Dom Heffner
03-03-2006, 07:25 PM
G strings above the wasteband of jeans and a$$ cap tattoos.

Yeah, this is just terrible. Nothing worse than seeing some hot chick's underwear and crack. I hate that. Creek, just for you, I am going to go up and let every girl I see with this "problem" know that they should pull up their pants right that instant. :)

Yeah, and those guys laughing are probably standing around in a circle of dudes. I know, that used to be me. I'd just laugh at the pretty boy until one day I realized he wasn't the one standing around in a sausage circle.

Since I shave my head, I find these to be super cool, even here in Florida where I can only wear them 2 or 3 nights a year. For a bald guy, these rock because they fit snug on the head. I have trouble finding ball hats that fit tight- they always bow out on the side to give me the chemo look.

redsfan30
03-03-2006, 07:32 PM
I know, that used to be me. I'd just laugh at the pretty boy until one day I realized he wasn't the one standing around in a sausage circle.
:laugh:

MWM
03-03-2006, 07:36 PM
Yeah, and those guys laughing are probably standing around in a circle of dudes. I know, that used to be me. I'd just laugh at the pretty boy until one day I realized he wasn't the one standing around in a sausage circle.

Sometimes, but I'm talking skin tight clearly trying to make a point. I think even the women are laughing at these guys.

Since I shave my head, I find these to be super cool, even here in Florida where I can only wear them 2 or 3 nights a year. For a bald guy, these rock because they fit snug on the head. I have trouble finding ball hats that fit tight- they always bow out on the side to give me the chemo look.

Yes, but it's a functional item for you. It makes sense for you to wear them. That's different.

pedro
03-03-2006, 07:41 PM
http://www.graphittidesigns.com/shop/files/images_backup/t_82321.jpg

Dom Heffner
03-03-2006, 08:05 PM
Sometimes, but I'm talking skin tight clearly trying to make a point. I think even the women are laughing at these guys.

Especially if there is any chest hair or gold jewelry involved.

Yes, but it's a functional item for you. It makes sense for you to wear them. That's different.

So I'm starting to think this tight shirt and beanie vendetta might have something to do with Ace, am I right? :)

You are actually spot-on with all of these. I know just the guys you are referring to.

I remember one guy like this- tight shirts, sort of grungy- who used to go to a bar down in Mt. Adams every night. I assume he went every night, because I only went there once or twice every six months for a few years and he would be there every time I was. I'll bet if I went there tonight, he'd be there.

Falls City Beer
03-03-2006, 08:10 PM

Those guys aren't the least bit concerned about what the women think. *Cue techno drum beat*

MWM
03-03-2006, 08:24 PM
:D :D :D

Does Ace wear tight shirts? :)

Falls City Beer
03-03-2006, 08:25 PM
This is the look I'm trying to nail down of late.
http://www.northernpolarbears.com/55536092104852/lib/55536092104852/Mark.jpg

KronoRed
03-03-2006, 08:29 PM
I like the hat.

Falls City Beer
03-03-2006, 08:30 PM
I like the hat.

I agree. Tricorns rule.

MWM
03-03-2006, 08:31 PM
Actually, FCB, you've always reminded me a little of James Otis. ;)

Now just make sure you avoid any bar fights and stay inside during storms..

Dom Heffner
03-03-2006, 08:33 PM
Does Ace wear tight shirts?

I've never looked, but yeah, he does. :)

MWM
03-03-2006, 08:36 PM
Although I've hated the beanies all along, you caught me that his little bit made me hate them even more. I can't stand pretty boys who are all form and no substance. And I know we disagree on his "substance" but as I've stated before, I think he's nothing but form, and it bothers me that he's going to be one of the last people standing simply because he hit the genetic jackpot and not because he's one of the best.

cinredsfan2000
03-03-2006, 08:58 PM
[QUOTE=pedro]I hate the whole sideways baseball cap thing. Especially on suburban white teenagers.[QUOTE]

Glad to see im not the only one who is driven nuts by this :beerme: I so want to go up to one of these idiots and smack them upside the head and ask them "what you dont now how to wear a Freaking hat?" I guess it's a sign of getting old when the way teenager's dress and wear there clothes and hat's etc. drives you nuts. sigh :bang: :bang:

paintmered
03-03-2006, 09:04 PM
I also can't stand the t-shirts that say stuff like "juicy" being worn by pre-teen girls.

I blame Paris Hilton.

max venable
03-03-2006, 09:29 PM
I also can't stand the t-shirts that say stuff like "juicy" being worn by pre-teen girls.

I blame Paris Hilton.
Along those lines...anything written on the seat of the pants, IMO, is tacky. ESPECIALLY on pre-teens.

Reds4Life
03-03-2006, 09:34 PM
The thing I hate the most is pleated pants. Just just don't look right on me (or many people for that matter), the pleats never lay right and always look messed up. Plain fronts for me, even on suits.

I really don't hang out with the teenie crowd like paint, so I can't say much else. :D

max venable
03-03-2006, 09:59 PM
Especially if there is any chest hair or gold jewelry involved.

http://www.m90.org/gallery/image/speedos%20for%20jesus.jpg

max venable
03-03-2006, 11:38 PM
http://www.badshoe.com/images/sept01shoe/guysox02.JPG

Johnny Footstool
03-04-2006, 02:43 AM
Similarly, men who wear their hair in the "messy" style like they woke up, threw some gel in their hands and just randomly ran their fingers through their hair. I wonder how long it takes to get ready in the morning?

I used to wear my hair like that. Now I go with a slightly more conservative "messy with a part on the side" look. Chicks dig it, and it shaves about 5 years off your age. And it takes 2 minutes or less to fix it in the morning.

...which is about 1/4 of the time it takes those idiot teens to position a sideways baseball cap at just the right angle. Now *that's* a ridiculous look.

I also get a kick out of seeing kids with their pants hanging literally around their knees. If I was more mean-spirited, I'd push them over, then dash away laughing and videotape them trying to run after me.

DunnersGrl44
03-04-2006, 04:16 AM
Girls that wear belts over their shirts.. what purpose does it serve?
Why in the world are leg warmers coming back in style.
Girls that wear flat, ballet like shoes with 80's sequins on them
The hair every high school boy has... what is that?
Popped collars... give me a break
Chucks, those shoes make me so mad.
girls that wear mini skirts and tank tops when its 20 degrees outside, and then all you hear is "man i am cold"... REALLY?
and last but not least.... people that don't match their outfits... a yellow shirt, orange shoes and a pink purse... what are you? a construction sign?

Caveat Emperor
03-04-2006, 04:34 AM
I used to wear my hair like that. Now I go with a slightly more conservative "messy with a part on the side" look. Chicks dig it, and it shaves about 5 years off your age. And it takes 2 minutes or less to fix it in the morning.

There's a fine line between "messy, but stylish" and "messy" that I absolutely cannot figure out. No matter what I do, when I try to go for that look I end up looking like hell.

I simply do not get fashion -- every "style" I try out looks just a bit "off" on me. I never feel comfortable wearing anything other than basics: polo shirt and jeans, button down and khakis, etc.

Hence, my opinions on fashion are totally meaningless. :)

creek14
03-04-2006, 07:08 AM
Yeah, this is just terrible. Nothing worse than seeing some hot chick's underwear and crack. I hate that. Creek, just for you, I am going to go up and let every girl I see with this "problem" know that they should pull up their pants right that instant. :)
Why thank you Dom, that is so selfless of you!!

Hey you might be able to find some of those girls at the track watching NASCAR. :p: ;)

RedsBaron
03-04-2006, 07:52 AM
I agree. Tricorns rule.
I actually own several tricorn hats as a result of numerous visits to Colonial Williamsburg over the years.

RedsBaron
03-04-2006, 08:25 AM
http://www.m90.org/gallery/image/speedos%20for%20jesus.jpg
After the loss of most of his possessions in the fire, I'm glad to see that GAC is up and around, and that he didn't lose his speedos.;)

RFS62
03-04-2006, 08:28 AM
After the loss of most of his possessions in the fire, I'm glad to see that GAC is up and around, and that he didn't lose his speedos.;)

Gaaaaaa!!!!!

I want my donation back.

bucksfan
03-04-2006, 09:32 AM
In general, I'd say I'm a "whatever floats your boat" sorta guy, but a couple of things do irk me a bit :

- the pants-exposiing-the-butt-crack/underwear style - just plain old not practical and (here's where the opinion part comes in) looks stupid too. It is really hard for me to look at someone dressing this way and think they can make many good decisions.

- any clothing displaying vulgar slogans/profanity that kids can read. This I just don't get. My 4-yr old will soon be reading, and I just don't get putting something profane on your clothing that you wear out in the general public during reasonable hours when kids are out and about.

- any of the "****ty" looks on young girls. Despicable IMO. I can't fathom that a parent can see fit to put their 8 or 10 yr old in some of the stuff I see them wearing.

- the crooked baseball cap thing kind irks me a bit too, but on that one I just keep telling myself to relax as it really doesn't bother anyone! ;) Besides, sometimes I look in the mirror and for whatever reason my cap has slid to the side a bit (I have a couple that just kinda sit on my head funny anyway).

Besides those things, wear whatever, but keep it non-stinky!

Dom Heffner
03-04-2006, 09:42 AM
- the pants-exposiing-the-butt-crack/underwear style - just plain old not practical and (here's where the opinion part comes in) looks stupid too. It is really hard for me to look at someone dressing this way and think they can make many good decisions.

You see, now I like to take advantage of this. If they can't make good decisions, then maybe they'll want to go out with me, eh?

- any clothing displaying vulgar slogans/profanity that kids can read. This I just don't get. My 4-yr old will soon be reading, and I just don't get putting something profane on your clothing that you wear out in the general public during reasonable hours when kids are out and about.

Could not agree with you more. We were at the airport one day and a young passenger was telling off a ticket counter worker. This lady was drawing a crowd, and we kept hearing people whispering about what her shirt said, which was "F-You, You F-ing F--- (minus the dashes).

Classy. Apparently the shirt was enough to get her kicked out of the airport because all the ticket people were saying that even had she not gotten nasty, she would have been in trouble just for wearing it.

That saying did become part of my everyday usage, though, especially when calling friends. Nothing like starting off the conversation with a good friend on that kind of note. :)

Yachtzee
03-04-2006, 09:57 AM
The "Hoochie-Mama" look (crack-showing jeans, t-shirt 5 sizes too small) is okay on college girls. I don't mind. For women, I don't like stirrup pants or spandex paired with the oversized Champion sweatshirt.

For guys, cutoffs. and muscle shirts.

westofyou
03-04-2006, 10:35 AM
- any of the "****ty" looks on young girls.
The Prosti-tot look

I dress like Pedro (imagine that)

Fashion does not exist for me, boots, jeans a T shirt and fleece in the winter, khaki shorts (anyone who doesn't like shorts on men doesn't sweat like me in the heat) t-shirt, tennis shoes in the winter.

BTW our mother is a fashion nazi and our fashion disdain revolves directly around her sun.

Dom Heffner
03-04-2006, 11:26 AM
Fashion does not exist for me, boots, jeans a T shirt and fleece in the winter, khaki shorts (anyone who doesn't like shorts on men doesn't sweat like me in the heat) t-shirt, tennis shoes in the winter.

I go through phases. Sometimes I don't care, while others I do. Right now I'm in the process of opening up my own office, and I've been buying a lot of suits. I've bought more suits in the past few weeks than in my entire life combined. I find myself looking at news anchors and others on television to steal color matches. It's pathetic.

We'll be watching t.v. and my girlfriend will see my furrowed brow and say, "What's the matter?"

"That guy's tie does not match that suit," I say with a confidence that comes from where I have no idea.

Hopefully I will go back to not caring soon. :)

crazyredsfan
03-04-2006, 11:55 AM
Not sure if you guys see a lot of this but I have seen a lot of women with high boots on with something that could most likely be considered knickers, so it's either a shout out to equestrian events or a bad trend.

Also the upside down and backwards visor was always a big pet peeve. Like George Carlin said just buy a whole freaking hat

WMR
03-04-2006, 01:09 PM
2 things:

1) http://www.thesocialsandbox.com/S5300222.JPG

The lamest style ever. Do not pop your collar.

2) Fat chicks in belly shirts. Not cool.

http://photobucket.com/albums/b315/bufsabre666/th_fat_chick.jpg

vaticanplum
03-04-2006, 02:28 PM
Not sure if you guys see a lot of this but I have seen a lot of women with high boots on with something that could most likely be considered knickers, so it's either a shout out to equestrian events or a bad trend.

This is the epitome of a trend. Something that no woman would have considered doing a year ago, then it shows up in the magazines and suddenly they're all wearing it, with no thought to how it looks on them or how comfortable it is or, in fact, whether they like it. This happens to be an exceedingly ugly trend, but that's not what gets to me about it. It's the fact that the one and only reason they're wearing it is because other people are. I hate shorts, but ok, people wear them because they're comfortable etc. The only reason women are wearing this is because it's trendy and I guarantee that not one of them will be wearing it a year from now.

This is the kind of crap that keeps me up at night.

KronoRed
03-04-2006, 02:55 PM
I like high boots

Boots = ::luvu:

creek14
03-04-2006, 05:11 PM
This is the kind of crap that keeps me up at night.
The fact that I'm not 25 and hot keeps me up at night. :)

bucksfan
03-04-2006, 08:18 PM

Pretty much ditto here save for some climate differences...

TeamCasey
03-04-2006, 11:59 PM
I haven't read this thread yet.

Pet peeve!

Jeans! Some of us are ....... well .....uh ..... 29 and holding.

I want some plain, normal jeans. No embroidery. No flared legs. No beads. No looking like the jeans have been dragged behind a horses behind for 6 months. There is no reason to make brand new jeans look scummy.

And some of us would like to shop in the mall and aren't a size 2.

End of rant. :)

Dom Heffner
03-05-2006, 12:55 AM
Jeans! Some of us are ....... well .....uh ..... 29 and holding.

And no low rise, either. You can't pull those things up if you try.

smith288
03-06-2006, 01:58 PM
I hate the haircuts high school boys are wearing. How could a mop like that NOT bother you?

Women who wear fur topped boots.

Although the message on the fanny is somewhat alluring to a young single male, it only shows a lack of class by the woman wearing them.

Thug look be it a white or a black guy.

Converse All-Stars

Tapered legged jeans

Pleated pants

Chicks with crimped hair

Tucked shirt in tight jeans

"Crafty" shirts (like shirts middle aged women wear with santa claus on them)

Tshirt under a blazer or sports jacket

Foam Trucker caps

Explicit shirts

Goth look. Im so dead, im goth... *yawn*

Pink or baby blue colors on men

Large sized aviator glasses

Gas Station Fakely's (look like Oakley but worse)

I could go on and on and on....

creek14
03-06-2006, 02:46 PM
Pink or baby blue colors on men

Oh man, I LOVE men in pastels. :thumbup:

And pink is the hottest. I mean HOT.

It takes a hell of a man to be brave enough to wear pink - at least from my experiences. :devil: :evil: :devil:

Dom Heffner
03-06-2006, 03:25 PM
And pink is the hottest. I mean HOT.

It takes a hell of a man to be brave enough to wear pink - at least from my experiences.

My lady won't let me wear it...she hates it on guys. I think it would look great, especially with some of my gray suits, but she just hates it.

I think I am going to work it in gradually. Stripes on the shirt, traces of it on my tie...and then maybe she'll go for it...I will admit it has to be the right shade. There are some that are not attractive.

I have lots of baby blue and don't mind wearing it all. I even have an old Dan Fouts throwback sweater as well as a Tomlinson jersey in the powder blue mold. I also have a few of the Warren Moon ones in baby blue. No problem at all wearing those, man. If it's good enough for Haywood Jeffires, it's good enough for me. :)

max venable
03-06-2006, 03:39 PM
I've learned to just let my wife shop for my clothes. I don't always agree with her selections but she picks the stuff she likes to see on me. And that's really all that matters. ;) And, by the way, she likes me in pink. She bought me a purple-striped shirt last week. I used to fight it but I now realize that she has better fashion sense than me anyway.

I hate shopping for clothes anyhow--except shoes. I have a bit of a shoe fetish. I can never pass up a good deal on shoes. :help:

This practice leaving my fashion up to my wife has recently crossed over into hair style. I like my hair short, she likes it long...guess who's letting his hair grow right now. :thumbup:

What's the old saying...if mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy. :cool:

redsfanmia
03-06-2006, 03:41 PM
I am sure its been mentioned but I hate the hats worn cockeyed with the flat bill and the baggy jeans that are 6 sizes too big.

Dom Heffner
03-06-2006, 03:45 PM
She bought me a purple-striped shirt last week.

I'm not sure if purple is in this year or what, but it's all I see at Dillard's and Macy's.

I am allowed to wear purple, so I have lots of ties and shirts. She looked in my cloest the other day and said, "Is that another purple shirt?"

LoganBuck
03-06-2006, 04:08 PM
My wife says that black and navy don't match.

max venable
03-06-2006, 04:26 PM
My wife says that black and navy don't match.
I'd have to side with her on that one.