PDA

View Full Version : Random thoughts

BCubb2003
03-05-2006, 12:29 AM
Say what you want about Edwin Encarnacion, but he can get himself on, get himself over, and get himself in.

Maybe if he dyed his hair gray and kind of moseyed to his position he'd get more playing time.

Why isn't Jason LaRue playing for the French team?

Socratic irony: A black fly in your hemlock.

When do they give the quiz on knowing how to play the game?

If Ohio gets to keep the Nationals name, the Nationals should call themselves Washington Courthouse.

Has anyone besides Minnie Minoso ever had more separate times with the same team than Gabe White with the Reds?

It should tell you something that Pete Rose knew more about baseball than any man alive and lost money betting on it.

The Reds' defense and pitching dilemma is like the guy who says, "If we had some meat we could have a sandwich if we had some bread."

The reason pitchers never tell you when they're hurt is because they're always sore.

When I compare being a baseball fan today to what it was like when I was a kid I feel like Fred Jetson.

KronoRed
03-05-2006, 01:24 AM
:lol:

KySteveH
03-05-2006, 02:35 AM
When I compare being a baseball fan today to what it was like when I was a kid I feel like Fred Jetson.

Fred?

redsmetz
03-05-2006, 06:28 AM
Fred?

I'm guessing it's meant to be ironic - combining Fred Flintonstone (Stone Age) with George Jetson (Space Age), but I could be wrong....

Mr Red
03-05-2006, 08:02 AM
Bcubb2003 I know it says you are in Syracuse but it seems as if you have a pretty good knowledge of some of the small towns in Ohio. You originally from the Cincy area?

RFS62
03-05-2006, 09:35 AM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

westofyou
03-05-2006, 10:30 AM
Bcubb2003 I know it says you are in Syracuse but it seems as if you have a pretty good knowledge of some of the small towns in Ohio. You originally from the Cincy area?
2/5ths of americans not living in Ohio are from Ohio, the other 3/5ths are from New York, at least by my unscientific survey.

BCubb2003
03-05-2006, 11:30 AM

I was born in Cambridge, Ohio, lived in Winchester, Ky., then Albany and Athens, Ohio, then Belpre and Marietta, then Winchester and Maysville... in other words, pure Reds Country. And yes, sometimes I feel like Fred Jetson.

wolfboy
03-05-2006, 11:48 AM
Excellent stuff BCubb. Your posts are among my favorite at redszone.