PDA

View Full Version : Pick your bench players

UPRedsFan
03-06-2006, 01:05 PM
It's early but I hope things are shaping up like this in Narron's head:

Valentin - obvious reasons
Aurilia - there's your veteran role player - back up for Lopez, Freel, EdE
Hatteberg - back up for Dunn
Q. McKracken - switch hitter, had 19 pinch hits last year to Cruz's 20 but adds better defense and speed
Denorfia or Olmedo - outfield defense or infield defense for the late innings? Maybe you keep both and go with 11 pitchers to start.

Cuts:
Womack - should not make the team - can't be a defensive replacement and adds nothing to the offense that Olmedo can't do.
Cruz - I'd keep him if he offered better defense
Rhodes - This team needs defense not more power

Thoughts???

TC81190
03-06-2006, 01:11 PM
Cruz
Menechino
Valentin
Denorfia
Hatteberg

VI_RedsFan
03-06-2006, 01:16 PM
It's early but I hope things are shaping up like this in Narron's head:

Valentin - obvious reasons
Aurilia - there's your veteran role player - back up for Lopez, Freel, EdE
Hatteberg - back up for Dunn
Q. McKracken - switch hitter, had 19 pinch hits last year to Cruz's 20 but adds better defense and speed
Denorfia or Olmedo - outfield defense or infield defense for the late innings? Maybe you keep both and go with 11 pitchers to start.

Cuts:
Womack - should not make the team - can't be a defensive replacement and adds nothing to the offense that Olmedo can't do.

Thoughts???

That's the way I'd do it. Except I'd put Menechino in the running for the final bench spot along with Deno and Ray. I fully agree on the Womack cut. He doesn't deserve to be on any MLB team.

Patrick Bateman
03-06-2006, 01:38 PM
Aurillia
Valentin
Denorfia
Hatteberg
Olmedo

RedsManRick
03-06-2006, 02:41 PM
Valentin
Aurilia
Menechino
Denorfia
Hatteberg

Obviously a backup C. We don't have any real defensive wizzes in the IF, but both Aurilia and Menechino can move around and not embarass themselves at the plate. Denorfia b/c we need an OF reserve who can play CF and Hatterberg for 1B, pinch hitting, and the emergency 3rd catcher.

TeamBoone
03-06-2006, 02:41 PM
Cuts:

Thoughts???

I totally agree on Womack, but you know darn well that's never going to happen.

I wish there was a spot for Cruz. I like him a lot.

TeamSelig
03-06-2006, 05:03 PM
Denorfia - great defense, give him a good amount of ABs
Valentin - played great last year, give him alot of ABs if he repeats last year
Aurilia - while annoying, he played decent last year. A good bench player. Too bad Narron will probably start him.
Hatteberg - back up Dunn, I wouldn't mind seeing him as long as Dunn is going to the OF
Olmedo - great defense.

dougflynn23
03-06-2006, 09:29 PM
:) Valentin, Hatteberg, Aurilia, Menechino, Denorfia, & McCracken. That's a professional bench.

dougdirt
03-06-2006, 09:35 PM
I will take Aurilia, Denorfia, Valentin, Hatteberg and Olmedo.

Heath
03-06-2006, 10:34 PM
Who would I like as Bench players?

Hatteberg
Valentin
Cruz
Denorfia
McCracken

Who will it be - per Narron?

Freel
EdE (unless they send him to Louisville)
McCracken
Rhodes
Hatteberg

Just one man's guess...

Superdude
03-06-2006, 10:45 PM
I hope Denorfia gets a lot of PT this year. He made a diving catch in center field to save the game the other day. I don't have much to back this up, but I've heard Denorfia has a strong arm and from what I've seen has the range to cover a lot of ground. If his offense continues, I'd love to see Griffey dealt near the all star break and have this guy take over center full time.

bottom_feeder
03-07-2006, 09:07 PM
Locks: Freel, Aurilia, Hattenberg, Valentine. (I predict Womack is going to start :lol: )

Defornia makes it because he's the best backup OF we have.

I'd prefer we go with 11 pitchers and carry another guy like McCracken (or whoever shows them the most in spring training). But I bet they start the year with 12 pitchers.

captainmorgan07
03-07-2006, 09:52 PM
denorfia and cruz
hatteberg aurilla
and valentin