PDA

View Full Version : Tony Womack

TeamSelig
03-06-2006, 05:55 PM
I'm guessing he get 101-200 ABs... he will get alot of early playing time IMO. Finally Narron will realize that he is a poor player and bench him.

BRM
03-06-2006, 05:56 PM
Is this supposed to be a poll?

TeamSelig
03-06-2006, 05:58 PM
Yeah, sorry. Screwed it up at first.

KronoRed
03-06-2006, 06:01 PM
400 at bats.

Narron won't give up on him.

RedsManRick
03-06-2006, 06:07 PM
Sadly I think we're looking at 350-400.

BRM
03-06-2006, 06:10 PM
400 at bats.

Narron won't give up on him.

You make me sad every time I read these boards. :(

Ron Madden
03-07-2006, 08:55 AM
How many ABs will Womack get in 06?

1 would be too many.

lollipopcurve
03-07-2006, 09:57 AM
I predict he's gone. He's an O'Brien acquisition. His unwillingness to see himself as a multiposition player, coupled with a less than electrifying spring performance, will make it easy for Narron/Krivsky to go with more willing and better players.

flyer85
03-07-2006, 10:31 AM
I hope he is gone by opening day but my gut tells me he will be starting at 2b and will easily get 250+ ABs. The only way this doesn't happen is if Krivsky steps in and finds a new home for him.

puca
03-07-2006, 10:34 AM
I trust Krivsky....gone

BRM
03-07-2006, 10:53 AM
If Krivsky doesn't send him packing, he'll be the starting 2B on opening day. That means he'll get 150-200 at-bats before Narron will be forced to bench him.

puca
03-07-2006, 12:14 PM
And I think Krivsky will realize this and will save us from Womak.

If Krivsky is as good as we hope and has been given the power it appears, there is no way he will allow Womak to be on this roster come opening day.

registerthis
03-07-2006, 01:44 PM
I said gone.

There's no reason for him to be on the roster, and I trust Krivsky to recognize that.

KronoRed
03-07-2006, 02:20 PM
You make me sad every time I read these boards. :(
I'm sorry..the Reds have never been a winner since I've been a fan..I'm jaded ;)

acredsfan
03-08-2006, 12:17 AM
And I think Krivsky will realize this and will save us from Womak.

If Krivsky is as good as we hope and has been given the power it appears, there is no way he will allow Womak to be on this roster come opening day.Well, first of all, i don't think this will be a matter of Krivsky getting rid of him or not, its pretty apparent that we're stuck with him. Secondly, Narron seems to be obsessed with veterans. So i say 250+ ABs because for one, we are stuck with him, and 2, Narron isn't likely to give Freel the position full time. So, let me say this, i will not view this as a screw up by Krivsky, and I in no way think that this is a good way to tell if Krivsky is "as good as we hope" because he is putting the lineup in the hands of the manager I would hope. Now, if you really want to know if Krivsky is any good, wait and see if he brings Womack back, then you can blame it on him. Krivsky came in with a watered down team, and everybody is expecting him to pull a savior and turn it into wine, but that takes time, so have patience. In the mean time we are going to have these crappy old vets that will annoy the heck out of us.

Krusty
03-08-2006, 01:38 AM
If Castanelli and Krivsky want to do it right, they will eat a few contracts (Womack and White) and take the best 25 players.

puca
03-08-2006, 10:21 AM
Well, first of all, i don't think this will be a matter of Krivsky getting rid of him or not, its pretty apparent that we're stuck with him. Secondly, Narron seems to be obsessed with veterans. So i say 250+ ABs because for one, we are stuck with him, and 2, Narron isn't likely to give Freel the position full time. So, let me say this, i will not view this as a screw up by Krivsky, and I in no way think that this is a good way to tell if Krivsky is "as good as we hope" because he is putting the lineup in the hands of the manager I would hope. Now, if you really want to know if Krivsky is any good, wait and see if he brings Womack back, then you can blame it on him. Krivsky came in with a watered down team, and everybody is expecting him to pull a savior and turn it into wine, but that takes time, so have patience. In the mean time we are going to have these crappy old vets that will annoy the heck out of us.

The Reds are only stuck with him if they allow themselves to be. They may not be able to trade him - though I still have some hope - but Krivsky certainly can flat out release him. Sure it will cost the Reds somewhere around the ML minimum to fill his slot, but the cost of keeping him on the roster is to risk one of the worst players in baseball in the lineup regularly. They have better in-house options at 2b already, but if for whatever reason they are not comfortable with Freel or Aurilia as the starter, they can find better players than Womak on the waiver wire.

Krusty
03-08-2006, 12:00 PM
The Reds are only stuck with him if they allow themselves to be. They may not be able to trade him - though I still have some hope - but Krivsky certainly can flat out release him. Sure it will cost the Reds somewhere around the ML minimum to fill his slot, but the cost of keeping him on the roster is to risk one of the worst players in baseball in the lineup regularly. They have better in-house options at 2b already, but if for whatever reason they are not comfortable with Freel or Aurilia as the starter, they can find better players than Womak on the waiver wire.

Considering the Reds are paying only half (1 million) of Womack's contract with the Yankees picking up the other half, the Reds could release him and possibly pick up Indians Brandon Phillips if he is waived ( he is out of options). I would take a chance on Phillips, who is 10 years younger than Womack and has a chance of improvement.

flyer85
03-08-2006, 12:10 PM
If Castanelli and Krivsky want to do it right, they will eat a few contracts (Womack and White) and take the best 25 players.throw in Wilson as well.

KronoRed
03-08-2006, 01:36 PM
throw in Wilson as well.
For some reason Wilson gets "hometown guy" treatment, I doubt they cut him.

dsmith421
03-08-2006, 03:23 PM
Womack will be the starting second baseman on opening day and will start 80% of the games until either he gets injured or Narron is fired.

It's totally stupid, but welcome to Reds baseball.

REDREAD
03-08-2006, 08:39 PM
Keep in mind, if the Reds release Womack, they might be on the hook for all his salary.

I say this because something similiar happened when Bichette was traded. There was a clause in the agreement that the Rockies would only pay part of his salary while Bichette was a Red. When he was traded to Boston, his salary was no longer subsidized.

That said, I see no point in cutting Womack just to carry Tuffy Rhodes, Olmedo, or another guy that is only marginally better.

GAC
03-08-2006, 09:42 PM
I trust Krivsky....gone

I'm keeping my fingers crossed on this also. But how can you give up on scrappy? :lol:

http://www.yomomma.com/Writings/cantidoon/scrappy.jpg

oneupper
03-15-2006, 08:59 PM
Technically, the Poll should have been Plate Appearances and not At-Bats.

Oh well, with Womack, it's about the same thing.