PDA

View Full Version : Dana Reeve died today

creek14
03-07-2006, 08:21 AM
That poor kid, lost both his parents in such a short time span.

Dana Reeve, widow of Christopher Reeve, dies at 44

Tuesday, March 7, 2006; Posted: 8:27 a.m. EST (13:27 GMT)

SHORT HILLS, New Jersey (AP) -- Dana Reeve, who fought for better treatments and possible cures for paralysis through the Christopher Reeve Foundation, named for her late actor-husband, has died, the foundation said. She was 44.

Reeve died late Monday of lung cancer, said Kathy Lewis, President and CEO of the foundation.

"On behalf of the entire Board of Directors and staff of the Christopher Reeve Foundation, we are extremely saddened by the death of Dana Reeve, whose grace and courage under the most difficult of circumstances was a source of comfort and inspiration to all of us," Lewis said in a statement.

flyer85
03-07-2006, 08:56 AM
Always admired her by the way should stood by her husband after his terrible accident.

cumberlandreds
03-07-2006, 09:00 AM
Always admired her by the way should stood by her husband after his terrible accident.

This was first thing I thought when I heard about her death. I'm sure there is a special place in heaven for people who stick by their spouses when they suffer horrible tragedies like the Reeves did. I'm sure they are reunited now and are happy and pain free.

RedsBaron
03-07-2006, 09:24 AM
R.I.P. Sad to read of this.

flyer85
03-07-2006, 09:37 AM
Life is so fragile and we certainly need to be thankful for every day that we have. Make sure you hug your kids and tell them how important they are.

vaticanplum
03-07-2006, 10:23 AM
Holy crap, I didn't even know she was sick...I used to do some work with her, she was a good lady, and though it got kind of buried after her husband got sick, she was also quite a good stage actress in her own right. Man, just to second what Creek said, that poor kid.

We need some good news!