PDA

View Full Version : Tony Womack-isms

jmcclain19
03-07-2006, 06:12 PM
Oh that wacky Tony Womack

-"People just keep throwing stats in your face - like, this guy has a better on-base percentage. Who cares about on-base percentage? It's a matter of where you go at the end of the year. I haven't been home after the end of the year in five out of the last seven years, and I don't plan on going this year."

-"The Yankees took the year away from me, basically. That's how I felt. They took the year away, and it could have been done differently. I just had to deal with it. I dealt with it, and I'm here now and I'm smiling every day."

-"Speed kills. You can't teach it."

-"The only thing that makes me mad is it messes up my baseball card,"

-"The intangibles never show up in the stats."

-People say I don't have a good on-base percentage. But when I get on, a lot of things happen. There are no stats for that."

westofyou
03-07-2006, 06:19 PM
Anthony (Long Island): Congratulations on getting through the whole chat without mentioning Tony Womack. Well done.

Steven Goldman: Nor did I bring up Miguel Cairo, I - oops.
http://www.baseballprospectus.com/chat/chat.php?chatId=174

BRM
03-07-2006, 06:21 PM
"Batting first, seventh, eighth or ninth, Tony Womack just wants to play. I don't have an ego problem."

"I'm going to put a question mark next to last season's numbers on my baseball card. They took the whole season from me."

"I had no control over a lot of what happened last season. The changes weren't made because I did anything wrong."

vaticanplum
03-07-2006, 07:07 PM
"Batting first, seventh, eighth or ninth, Tony Womack just wants to play. I don't have an ego problem."

In my experience, people who refer to themselves in the third person always prove to be the most inherently delightful folk. See also: Rickey Henderson, Bobby Brown, Manny Ramirez, P. Diddy,

guttle11
03-07-2006, 08:17 PM

Where have I seen that before???

KronoRed
03-07-2006, 09:00 PM
Where have I seen that before???
Rich Aurilia says HI

WMR
03-08-2006, 05:52 PM
make sure u guyz save this thread so every1 can send tony some fan mail when he shows you he was right!!!!

Highlifeman21
03-08-2006, 08:09 PM
make sure u guyz save this thread so every1 can send tony some fan mail when he shows you he was right!!!!

All I gotta say to this post is wow....

Caseyfan21
03-09-2006, 01:49 AM

Tony, did you just join Redszone?? :laugh:

All I have to say to that username is it has to be someone that's already on here or a new person that is very in touch with this board the past several months.

Classic...:thumbup:

WMR
03-09-2006, 02:12 AM
In my experience, people who refer to themselves in the third person always prove to be the most inherently delightful folk. See also: Rickey Henderson, Bobby Brown, Manny Ramirez, P. Diddy,

the man is a world series champion hes got that right to call himself in whatever person he wants

casey was to nice we need some attitude on this team tony will givue us that and some swagger

WMR
03-09-2006, 02:14 AM
Tony, did you just join Redszone?? :laugh:

All I have to say to that username is it has to be someone that's already on here or a new person that is very in touch with this board the past several months.

Classic...:thumbup:

yes casey fan i just joined redzone. i dont know most kids think im out of touch these days!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

membengal
03-09-2006, 07:09 AM
the man is a world series champion hes got that right to call himself in whatever person he wants

casey was to nice we need some attitude on this team tony will givue us that and some swagger

Lonnie Wheeler, is that you?

Johnny Footstool
03-09-2006, 10:42 AM

These players are also World Series champions:

Geoff Blum
Chris Widger
Luis Vizcaino
Pokey Reese
Chad Fox
Benji Gil
Orlando Palmeiro
Ramon Ortiz
David Dellucci
Midre Cummings
Troy Brohawn

You want the Reds to sign them, too? I hear Pokey Reese is available.

BTW - Tony Womack helped his team win a championship by putting up this line in the World Series:

G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB SO BA OBP SLG SB
7 32 3 8 3 0 0 3 1 7 .250 .294 .344 1

"Speed Kills," huh? Then how come speedy Tony Womack only stole one base in a 7-game series? And if speed helps you score runs, why did Womack only score three times in the most important series of his career? He struck out more than twice as often as he scored, and he only walked once.

Nice work, Tony! Way to earn that championship!

westofyou
03-09-2006, 11:08 AM

Steve Goldman sez Hi.

flyer85
03-09-2006, 02:00 PM
"I had no control over a lot of what happened last season. The changes weren't made because I did anything wrong."The changes were made because he failed to do anything to help the team win.

jmcclain19
03-13-2006, 10:38 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/story/398745p-337902c.html

-"I wasn't the only one struggling. They made changes that screwed me. I'm not young; I'm not saying you should just give me respect, (but) you can't just whip me around, make me a whipping ball for anyone."

-"I was the guy they could get - what could I do? That's the Yankees, though. The blame is always on somebody else other than (where) it should be."

-"They never gave me a chance to do anything. It's easy to put you on the back burner. It's easy to say someone didn't do anything when you don't give them a chance."

LoganBuck
03-14-2006, 12:15 AM
Chuck Norris-esque.

Tony Womack is so fast he pees before he unzips his pants.

Tony Womack stole first, once. They made him return it.

Tony Womack once hit a homerun, but stopped at second because in some situations a double is more important than a homerun.

Tony Womack once ran so fast he caught a cold, then he sneezed and was tagged out.