PDA

View Full Version : A simple thanks..

Neo
03-08-2006, 12:47 AM
With the falling of Bonds, Sosa, Palmeiro, and McGwire. It only allows one to appreciate Ken Griffey Jr. that much more. Griffey's story is a prolific one, for what he's already accomplished on and off the field and what he has had to overcome. Thank you Ken Griffey Jr. for being one of the golden boys, and playing the game as it should be played.

RedFanAlways1966
03-08-2006, 07:35 AM
Amen. :thumbup:

paulrichjr
03-08-2006, 09:20 AM
I remember some very nasty posts about Griffey on this board and on other boards over the years but I am very happy to say that his class over time and the other junk that went on around him allowed his true accomplishments to shine through. You could tell that the pressure got to him sometimes but he still stood strong even though a couple of shots each day would have made it all go away. The man is without a doubt the greatest player of the 90s and one of the greatest players ever to play and he plays for the Cincinnati Reds. I am proud of that.

MartyFan
03-08-2006, 09:35 AM
With the falling of Bonds, Sosa, Palmeiro, and McGwire. It only allows one to appreciate Ken Griffey Jr. that much more. Griffey's story is a prolific one, for what he's already accomplished on and off the field and what he has had to overcome. Thank you Ken Griffey Jr. for being one of the golden boys, and playing the game as it should be played.

I agree...good post.

What some will think of this post as it points out that Junior "plays the game the way it should be?":doh:

redsfan30
03-08-2006, 09:52 AM
Great post!

I don't think we're going to have anyone calling Junior a "little old lady" this spring like we did last spring.

bucksfan
03-08-2006, 12:29 PM
Right on, Neo! I have been thinking the same thing for a couple years and would have been even if he had never donned a Reds uniform.

KronoRed
03-08-2006, 12:35 PM
Werd.