PDA

View Full Version : Injuries deplete Reds rotation

Ohioballplayer
03-10-2006, 09:35 AM
http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20060309&content_id=1342206&vkey=spt2006news&fext=.jsp&c_id=cin

As if our pitching did not worry us enough already

flyer85
03-10-2006, 10:21 AM
The pitching was depleted before any injuries.

Krusty
03-10-2006, 10:24 AM
Minor injuries which enables the Reds to take a long look at young arms like Gosling.

Now if it was a week before Opening Day, I would be concern. But the way it looks, Paul Wilson might be the only one not ready for the rotation. But the way Gosling has pitched, he might enable the Reds to take their time getting Wilson back in the rotation.

KronoRed
03-10-2006, 01:39 PM
They can take all season, I'd rather see someone new then see Paul again.

BRM
03-10-2006, 03:07 PM
They can take all season, I'd rather see someone new then see Paul again.

:thumbup:

LoganBuck
03-10-2006, 03:13 PM
If we get the v2004 pre All Star Paul Wilson I would love to see him again. If we get the Post Allstar-2005 Paul Wilson, I will be doing alot of crossword puzzles while he pitches.

Falls City Beer
03-10-2006, 03:17 PM
The title of this thread needs a subtitle, like "or How They Dried Up the Desert."

captainmorgan07
03-10-2006, 08:02 PM
aslong as we get all these injuries healed and it doesn't hurt to look at a few young arms

KronoRed
03-10-2006, 10:05 PM
If we get the v2004 pre All Star Paul Wilson I would love to see him again. If we get the Post Allstar-2005 Paul Wilson, I will be doing alot of crossword puzzles while he pitches.
Expect the latter, he was the pre 2004 Wilson as well.

LoganBuck
03-11-2006, 01:42 PM
Expect the latter, he was the pre 2004 Wilson as well.

I choose to believe that Paul was injured, Womack will revert to his 2004 form, and the Reds are actually a bad dream.

GAC
03-12-2006, 05:37 AM
The title of this thread needs a subtitle, like "or How They Dried Up the Desert."

How about "Fried Green Tomatoes", or maybe "A Bridge Too Far"? :lol:

WebScorpion
03-13-2006, 01:24 PM
A few strategic injuries could IMPROVE the Reds pitching...I fail to see how anything could deplete it. Oh snap! We're gonna have to pitch Homer Bailey! Could he be worse? That's doubtful. :rolleyes:

IMHO, The current Reds pitching staff is composed mostly of arms who can eat innings until a real Major League pitcher is purchased or develops from the farm. That's my two cents.
:help:

princeton
03-14-2006, 09:57 AM
IMHO, the current Reds pitching staff is composed mostly of arms who can eat innings until a real Major League pitcher is purchased or develops from the farm.
:help:

they're going to have to eat about five years' of innings (burp)

registerthis
03-14-2006, 10:48 AM
What is an "innings-eater" anyway? It always seems to be a tag applied to a pitcher whose numbers suck, yet who manages to avoid getting injured and pitches for a team that has nothing to replace him with.

Hence, guys like Wilson and Milton get labelled as "innings-eaters". The Reds have been very good at getting "innings-eaters" recently.

westofyou
03-14-2006, 10:51 AM
The Reds have been very good at getting "innings-eaters" recently.And yet only Dessen's and Harang threw at least 200 innings in the 21st century.

TWO Guys!

The Astros have NINETEEN!!!

Cardinals FIFTEEN.

Chip R
03-14-2006, 11:05 AM
And yet only Dessen's and Harang threw at least 200 innings in the 21st century.

TWO Guys!

The Astros have NINETEEN!!!

Cardinals FIFTEEN.

Getting guys who are "inning eaters" and having them actually eat the innings are two different things.

Caveat Emperor
03-14-2006, 12:05 PM
What is an "innings-eater" anyway? It always seems to be a tag applied to a pitcher whose numbers suck, yet who manages to avoid getting injured and pitches for a team that has nothing to replace him with.

Hence, guys like Wilson and Milton get labelled as "innings-eaters". The Reds have been very good at getting "innings-eaters" recently.

It's the pitcher's equivalent of "She's got a really great personality."

LincolnparkRed
03-14-2006, 12:41 PM

Jason Johnson says hello, at least Cleveland signed him before DanO could

KronoRed
03-14-2006, 12:43 PM
Getting guys who are "inning eaters" and having them actually eat the innings are two different things.
Just leave them in to get hammered.

What's the trouble? :D

WebScorpion
03-14-2006, 12:58 PM
they're going to have to eat about five years' of innings (burp)

Well, at least 3... and by then our home grown offensive players will be out of our price range. :explode:

Why couldn't I have been born in New York? :bang:

Chip R
03-14-2006, 01:57 PM

The trouble is they get hurt or they suck so much that they are traded/released.

princeton
03-14-2006, 02:03 PM

hope.

Hope is the trouble.

you always hope that there's someone better, or at least that there can't be anyone worse. And thoughts like that make Redsfans of us all.

dadblast that hope.

ochre
03-14-2006, 02:31 PM
Nail deflates flat tire.

15fan
03-14-2006, 05:10 PM
What the Reds need to do is understand their competitive strengths and build a park that caters to those strengths.

Cincinnati has a lot of pitchers who give up lots of really long fly balls. They also pitch to contact really well. So the simple solution is for the Reds to move the OF fences back a good 100 feet all the way around.

Homers in the old GAB would merely be lazy fly balls in the new & improved GAB.

princeton
03-14-2006, 05:16 PM
Homers in the old GAB would merely be lazy fly balls in the new & improved GAB.

plus we've got those go-get-em outfielders

the simple solution is for the Reds to move the OF fences back a good 100 feet all the way around. .

the better solution is to have fences that only move back when we're pitching

Caveat Emperor
03-14-2006, 06:46 PM
Nail deflates flat tire.

"Ahh yes...but you forgot one thing: rock crushes scissors. But paper covers rock! And scissors cuts paper! Kif, we have a conundrum. Search them for paper! And, bring me a rock!"