PDA

View Full Version : Louisville Slugger Museum

StillFunkyB
03-11-2006, 03:02 PM
I went to the Slugger factory and museum today. I was a bit dissapointed that they don't do production on Saturday's until April, so I had to have my personalized bat shipped to my house.

For those that haven't had a chance to check it out, the "movie" they play before the tour is narrated by James Earl Jones. It is also heavy in clips of Jr. and JB.

I also was able to pick up my 2006 wallet schedule. I thought it intresting that the Reds were the only team they had a schedule for. :)

WebScorpion
03-13-2006, 02:18 PM
Are they associated with the Louisville Bats? The Reds AAA team...they play at Louisville Slugger Field, don't they? That might explain a heavy Reds leaning. :)

Ron Madden
03-14-2006, 04:58 AM
Anyone that has a young son or grandson should spend an afternoon at The Lousville Slugger Museum. :thumbup:

StillFunkyB
03-15-2006, 10:16 PM
Anyone that has a young son or grandson should spend an afternoon at The Lousville Slugger Museum. :thumbup:

The video before the tour had some good goosebump moments. Especially with the Griff and JB highlights.

I wasn't sure what to expect, but it was worth the $9 admission. I was already in Louisville for work, so I had a perfect oportunity.

savafan
03-17-2006, 07:17 PM
I visited the museum last year before the Hall of Fame induction ceremonies when they were making the official commemorative bats. It was quite the experience, and one that I would recommend for any baseball fan.