PDA

View Full Version : OSU vs. Indiana

MartyFan
03-11-2006, 04:24 PM
Watching the game...currently 10-10 and the Bucks look really scattered...

Playadlc
03-11-2006, 04:28 PM
This game is being played at an incredible pace right now.

MartyFan
03-11-2006, 04:29 PM
Yeah, both teams running up and down the court and throwing the ball to the other team.:rolleyes:

Larkin411
03-11-2006, 04:57 PM
These tournaments must be exhausting both mentally and physically. Hopefully they'll get it together as the game goes on.

Playadlc
03-11-2006, 06:08 PM
Wow.

Indiana misses two extremely close shots at the buzzer to lose by 1.

I tell you what, if I see my name drawn next to IU's tommorow, I am not a happy camper.

captainmorgan07
03-11-2006, 06:42 PM
good game by both teams but my buckeyes prevail great game by jj sullinger

Heath
03-11-2006, 07:23 PM
Wow.

Indiana misses two extremely close shots at the buzzer to lose by 1.

I tell you what, if I see my name drawn next to IU's tommorow, I am not a happy camper.

I disagree. I think that you just found out to beat Indiana. If Ohio State hit close to their season average of FG, they would have won by a large margin.

I also think that Indiana was playing for a lot more. One wonders if they will revert to the team before Mike Davis resigned.

To Ohio State's demise, JeKel Foster was nowhere to be found. The Buckeyes can't carry that dead weight for much longer.

Also - the Big10 Championship game is going to be sloppy. Bad.

traderumor
03-11-2006, 07:48 PM
Foster? Dead Weight? He's in a bad shooting slump, but he is surely not dead weight. There's two ends of the floor and he is always a difference maker with his D. It could really be a fun run if he finds his stroke in the tourney as the rest of the squad has learned to win while he shoots his way out of it. Hopefully, he finds it just in time.

BuckeyeRed27
03-11-2006, 08:23 PM
Agreed. If Foster starts to hit again the Bucks will be in the Final 4. If not they could still make it but it will be much much tougher.

max venable
03-11-2006, 08:37 PM
Matta's boys just keep finding ways to win, don't they?

It's good to see them when on a night when they don't have everything working for them.

Playadlc
03-11-2006, 09:40 PM
I disagree. I think that you just found out to beat Indiana. If Ohio State hit close to their season average of FG, they would have won by a large margin.

I also think that Indiana was playing for a lot more. One wonders if they will revert to the team before Mike Davis resigned.

To Ohio State's demise, JeKel Foster was nowhere to be found. The Buckeyes can't carry that dead weight for much longer.

Also - the Big10 Championship game is going to be sloppy. Bad.

It's not like Indiana played their best game either. IU played their worst game in their last 6, and was a basket away from winning. Ohio State won by 1 point. So it's not like they put on a clinic on how to beat IU.

And I don't buy this Indiana was playing for a lot more stuff. IU is already in the tournament, and their seeding is locked in the 5-9 spot. OSU has the chance to get a #1 seed.

max venable
03-11-2006, 09:47 PM
It's not like Indiana played their best game either. IU played their worst game in their last 6, and was a basket away from winning. Ohio State won by 1 point. So it's not like they put on a clinic on how to beat IU.

And I don't buy this Indiana was playing for a lot more stuff. IU is already in the tournament, and their seeding is locked in the 5-9 spot. OSU has the chance to get a #1 seed.
I think there's a reason IU played their worst game in their last 6. It's called the Ohio State defense.

And I give credit to IU's defense. But bottom line, OSU just keeps finding ways to win.

Go Bucks!

Heath
03-11-2006, 10:31 PM

I think Indiana needed to play tomorrow so that they could "audtion" in front of their new coach. ;)

OSU has no shot at a number one. Memphis won and Texas won. They will get a #2 and play in Dayton. I would like to see them get in a pod and play Kentucky in round 2. I think Dials vs. Morris would be worth it.

It's not that I am ragging on JeKel Foster. Ron Lewis stepped up Friday. JJ Sullinger today. Tomorrow it could be Jamar Butler. But, for his sake, I hope Foster gets it started tommorrow.

redsfan30
03-11-2006, 11:07 PM
Heath,

1. How in the world is Je'Kel Foster "dead weight"?

2. How exactly do they have "no chance" at a 1 seed if they win tomorrow?

What looks more impressive to you....winning the CUSA tourney or winning the regular season and post season tourney in the number one RPI conference in America?

They may not get it, but to say they have no shot isn't true.

Heath
03-11-2006, 11:28 PM
Heath,
1. How in the world is Je'Kel Foster "dead weight"?

Well, honestly, he hasn't kept up on the offensive side of the floor. Sure, he's played well defensively, but they need his offense if they are going to go far.

2. How exactly do they have "no chance" at a 1 seed if they win tomorrow?

What looks more impressive to you....winning the CUSA tourney or winning the regular season and post season tourney in the number one RPI conference in America?

They may not get it, but to say they have no shot isn't true.

Look, I don't like it as well as you do. All projections have the Buckeyes as a No. 2. They needed Memphis (who has been consistent all year) and Texas to lose. They are ranked higher than the Buckeyes, who should be STRONGLY commended at coming in at Top Ten when people picked them sixth or worse in the Big Ten. Heck, Gonzaga's played in a worse conference than Memphis, but they are this year's mid-major darling.

I'm thrilled with a 2 seed and two games in Dayton. Even making me more happy would be a Regional final in Atlanta. But someone's going West to Oakland and someone's not going to be happy about it. And all projections have the Buckeyes heading West.

So, to quote Jake Taylor, "Well, I guess there is only one thing left to do."

Heath
03-11-2006, 11:31 PM
What's even more interesting, is no one's started a Xavier thread. Odd. Must be the UC fans blocking the board. ;)

Hey Krono -worried about Carolina?

max venable
03-11-2006, 11:51 PM
As a Buckeye fan, I'd rather have the 2 seed and play in Dayton thankyouverymuch.

redsfan30
03-12-2006, 12:02 AM
This from cbssportsline.com

Projecting the Field: 'Horns must settle for No. 2 seed
By Gregg Doyel
CBS SportsLine.com Senior Writer

Updated March 11

Sorry, Texas -- the NCAA Tournament's last No. 1 seed will go to Ohio State or Memphis.

The Longhorns had a shot entering the conference tournaments, but only if they won their tourney while Ohio State and Memphis were eliminated from theirs.

Hasn't happened. Memphis won in Conference USA on Saturday. Ohio State will play Iowa on Sunday for the Big Ten title. Bottom line: Even if Texas beats Kansas for the Big 12 title, Ohio State will get the No. 1 seed if the Buckeyes win today. Otherwise, it's Memphis.

The 2006 NCAA Tournament field, updated after Saturday's games.

By seeds
No. 1s: UConn, Duke*, Villanova, Ohio State*

No. 2s: Memphis*, Texas*, UCLA*, Boston College
I've thought all along that all Ohio State has to do is make it to the Big Ten championship game.....they don't have to particularly win it. The bracket will be made up before the end of the game since the Big Ten game is the last one to finish.

I think they will get the 1 seed and still play in Dayton. They try to keep the high seeds close to home. They won't have to go out west until the second weekend.

Heath
03-12-2006, 12:11 AM
This from cbssportsline.com

I've thought all along that all Ohio State has to do is make it to the Big Ten championship game.....they don't have to particularly win it. The bracket will be made up before the end of the game since the Big Ten game is the last one to finish.

I think they will get the 1 seed and still play in Dayton. They try to keep the high seeds close to home. They won't have to go out west until the second weekend.

Doyel flip-flops more than Digger Phelps -

Lunardi's bracket, foxsports.com's bracket, and si.com had the Bucks at 2.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is only one line to fill tomorrow. The one line with a 12 seed with two choices - South Carolina or Bradley.

However, this is like fighting over who's has the best steakhouse - Outback or Longhorn. Because, whatever happens, its gonna be good.

KronoRed
03-12-2006, 02:56 PM
Hey Krono -worried about Carolina?
No :evil: