PDA

View Full Version : Saw Casey Today

Dom Heffner
03-11-2006, 09:23 PM
...in Bradenton. He looked so weird in a Pirates uniform. In typical Sean fashion, he was chatting away with the first base umpire the entire time he was in the field.

Game was exciting, got a little sunburned, and ate two foot long hot dogs. I even had to buy a Pirates hat so the top of my head wouldn't get sunburned.

It's just a few weeks away now, can't wait.

KronoRed
03-11-2006, 11:38 PM
A pirate hat?

Traitor!

;)

Heath
03-11-2006, 11:46 PM
Dom, you shoulda got a hug.

GAC
03-12-2006, 05:24 AM
Are Pirate hats adjustable or one size fits all? ;)

Redsland
03-12-2006, 10:12 AM
He looked so weird in a Pirates uniform.
Yeah, I thought the parrot and eye patch were a bit over the top, too.

:p:

KronoRed
03-12-2006, 02:02 PM
You know what pirates do to turn coats right?
http://www.reachtheworld.org/imgs/FH0205WalkPlank.jpg

GAC
03-12-2006, 08:03 PM
Casey is not their savior! :p:

But I will miss Sean.

I just got a replacement bobblehead dol. It shall be proudly displayed amongst my Red's memoribilia. He was/is a class act IMO.

Dom Heffner
03-13-2006, 10:26 AM
Are Pirate hats adjustable or one size fits all?

Hats look terrible on me- since I shave my head, they never quite fit snug. I had on an Albert Belle jersey and a Pirates hat. I was that guy for an afternoon. I did not have dress socks on, though.

I forgot to mention we met the uncle of the Pirates hitting coach (Manto?). He was standing in line to get a hot dog and struck up a conversation.

registerthis
03-13-2006, 11:39 AM
Casey is not their savior! :p:

How did Casey do today?

Casey is not your savior!

Sometimes I wonder what good 'ol Gallagher is up to these days...

KronoRed
03-13-2006, 12:50 PM
How did Casey do today?

Casey is not your savior!

Sometimes I wonder what good 'ol Gallagher is up to these days...
*cough*Dunnbashing*cough*

registerthis
03-14-2006, 09:51 AM
*cough*Dunnbashing*cough*

Hah.

Seriously, whatever happened to a lot of people over on the old reds.com forum? Many an afternoon was spent down at one of the OSU computer labs picking fights with people on that board. It's why I had to change my nick here, lol.

KronoRed
03-14-2006, 12:44 PM
Hah.

Seriously, whatever happened to a lot of people over on the old reds.com forum? Many an afternoon was spent down at one of the OSU computer labs picking fights with people on that board. It's why I had to change my nick here, lol.
The RZ secret service took care of them :devil:

WebScorpion
03-14-2006, 01:00 PM
SssHHH!!

registerthis
03-14-2006, 01:32 PM

These guys?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f5/BluesBrothers.jpg

WebScorpion
03-14-2006, 03:26 PM
These guys?

Nah, these ones... ;)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/4/4b/Matrix_Agents.jpg/300px-Matrix_Agents.jpg

Heath
03-14-2006, 03:53 PM
Nah, these ones... ;)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/4/4b/Matrix_Agents.jpg/300px-Matrix_Agents.jpg

You both are wrong. These two did it....

http://www.memorabiliacards.com/Set%20AVENGERS.jpg

KronoRed
03-14-2006, 04:22 PM
Mrs.Peel :luvu:

Spitball
03-14-2006, 09:00 PM
Hah.

Besides Gallagher, who else was there? I remember an angry lady named something like Appoloosa, but I don't remember the names of any of the other Seattle people. I remember Nux's Nut-holia (Nux) who was a pain but pretty clever. I also remember Cameron Fan, Don Hefner, Manny (and Manny's Moma), and the legendary Richard Hand.

registerthis
03-15-2006, 09:14 AM
Besides Gallagher, who else was there? I remember an angry lady named something like Appoloosa, but I don't remember the names of any of the other Seattle people. I remember Nux's Nut-holia (Nux) who was a pain but pretty clever. I also remember Cameron Fan, Don Hefner, Manny (and Manny's Moma), and the legendary Richard Hand.

Richard Hand...hah, i'd forgotten about him.

I think Gonelong and GAC were there, and I remember a Cubs fan named FRB.

Gimme some time, I'll come up with more.

Spitball
03-15-2006, 10:57 PM
Richard Hand...hah, i'd forgotten about him.

I think Gonelong and GAC were there, and I remember a Cubs fan named FRB.

Gimme some time, I'll come up with more.

Haha...I was just naming the troublemakers.

The non-troublemkers and near-non-troublemakers that I can think of:

Besides Gonelong and GAC, I remember WebScorpion, RedBloodedRedFan, LarkinFan, Boss, Randy in Someplace VI, 37 Red, RFS62, Red Storm, red-in-la, TeamCasey, TeamBoone, GIK, 15Fan, Remdog, Phil in BG, CougarQuest, Bob Borowski, Red Roser, Creek14, Wetzel (Johnny Vander M), and...I think there are many more, but my memory hurts. I bet I'm missing some really obvious ones.

TeamBoone
03-16-2006, 12:36 AM
Remember that woman called Lace?

Spitball
03-16-2006, 03:51 PM
Remember that woman called Lace?

Hmmm...I don't believe I remember anyone by that name.

TeamBoone
03-16-2006, 04:18 PM
She set up our very first RZ gathering, someplace in Kentucky.

It was fun, though very few were able to attend.... but in my next breath, I'll say that it was also a disaster... location, she stuck CQ with a bar tab, the game that she swore was to be televised there was not on, and just lots of stuff like that.

remdog
03-16-2006, 11:07 PM
K App pretty much resembled her nickname since she resembled her nickname but from a rear view.

Gallagher was just...well, Gallagher. A total waste of time.

Richard was a pain in the butt. However, I'll give him that, for a guy that lived in his Mother's basement, he held his position (though not always well) in an argument.

Mike de la Hoz was another one that infuriated a lot of people but the couple of times I met him in person here in California he came across as a very nice guy and very intelligent.

Anyone heard from Whetzel/Johnny Vander Mear lately? How about Jax Red (formerly Newport Tom)?

Rem

remdog
03-17-2006, 12:02 AM
Just heard from Johnny. He informs me that I am still only the second oldest guy on this board. :laugh:

Rem

KittyDuran
03-17-2006, 06:46 AM
Wasn't there another Seattle fan named tick-tock? K App has also appeared here on RZ - but I can't remember the name...

GAC
03-17-2006, 08:51 AM
tictoc was one of them. kappaloosa registered here at RZ under a different name, but I can't recall what it was. I still laugh when I think of the computer keyboard sketch rfs made of her and posted. Yes, it was inapproprioate.... but hilarious. That really got her going.

That's right folks - rfs has an honery streak in him. ;)

There was another one named "moby". I use to call him moby dick head. :lol:

A few of them were pretty reasonable people. They were just out shouted by that vocal minority that felt it was their obligation, since the Griffey trade, to try their best to be a pain.

I was one of the last to finally leave the old Cincy.com board. I had people telling me to leave, and trying to entice me to come to RZ; but I was trying to hold on like Custer.

The moderator (if that is what you could call him) was named Brian Butts. I think he was finally responsible for getting the board shut down. He just didn't want to deal with it anymore.

RFS62
03-17-2006, 09:00 AM
tictoc was one of them. kappaloosa registered here at RZ under a different name, but I can't recall what it was. I still laugh when I think of the computer keyboard sketch rfs made of her and posted. Yes, it was inapproprioate.... but hilarious. That really got her going.

You're a little more senile than usual today, dude.

I wrote a limmerick about her on a limmerick thread once, but I never did any sketch.

registerthis
03-17-2006, 09:46 AM

There was another one named "moby". I use to call him moby dick head. :lol:

A few of them were pretty reasonable people. They were just out shouted by that vocal minority that felt it was their obligation, since the Griffey trade, to try their best to be a pain.

I was one of the last to finally leave the old Cincy.com board. I had people telling me to leave, and trying to entice me to come to RZ; but I was trying to hold on like Custer.

The moderator (if that is what you could call him) was named Brian Butts. I think he was finally responsible for getting the board shut down. He just didn't want to deal with it anymore.

Oh, the memories--I'd forgotten about Ticktock and Moby. I think Moby would actually put forth coherent arguments and wasn't all that bad. I think Gallagher and Ticktock were pretty much a waste of cybertissue.

I remember I emailed brian Butts once about some particularly inappropriate post or thread that was on the Message Board...he replied back that he was sorry it got posted and took the thread down. About a month later, the entire board went away. Oh well.

Heath
03-17-2006, 10:22 AM
I'm bringing in this lady into sing after all the "memories" on this board....:rolleyes: :D

http://www.nationmaster.com/wikimir/images/upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/c/c8/Barbra.jpg/200px-Barbra.jpg

BTW - Best use of that song was a parody of Lenny Harris done expertly when Gary Burbank was funny.

registerthis
03-17-2006, 10:43 AM
BTW - Best use of that song was a parody of Lenny Harris done expertly when Gary Burbank was funny.

OK, I remember that, and thinking at the time--what did Lenny Harris do to deserve this? Can anyone enlgihten me on that? I think I heard it while driving down to Opening Day one year, probably 6-7 years ago.

Heath
03-17-2006, 11:45 AM
OK, I remember that, and thinking at the time--what did Lenny Harris do to deserve this? Can anyone enlgihten me on that? I think I heard it while driving down to Opening Day one year, probably 6-7 years ago.

I think it was 1988 or 1989 that Lenny was called up and just made dumb plays and Marty & Joe were lambasting ol' Lenny bad.

Burbank didn't have to do anything but paste it all together.

It was hilarious.

RBA
03-17-2006, 01:20 PM
Haha...I was just naming the troublemakers.

The non-troublemkers and near-non-troublemakers that I can think of:

Besides Gonelong and GAC, I remember WebScorpion, RedBloodedRedFan, LarkinFan, Boss, Randy in Someplace VI, 37 Red, RFS62, Red Storm, red-in-la, TeamCasey, TeamBoone, GIK, 15Fan, Remdog, Phil in BG, CougarQuest, Bob Borowski, Red Roser, Creek14, Wetzel (Johnny Vander M), and...I think there are many more, but my memory hurts. I bet I'm missing some really obvious ones.

RedBloodedRedFan, I think he was one of them troublemakers. Him and OahuRed would go at it all the time.

Seriously, or unseriously (if that's even a word ;) ) Nux was pretty clever with stealing people's usernames by substituting one letter for another. ie SPITBALL = SPlTBALL. It took awhile to figure out that I was acatually a lower case "L" "l" . I don't really remember exactlly which identities were stolen.

Dom Heffner
03-17-2006, 02:18 PM
Did anyone mention Har Ecou?

GAC
03-17-2006, 03:29 PM
You're a little more senile than usual today, dude.

I wrote a limmerick about her on a limmerick thread once, but I never did any sketch.

But you've never been to Nantucket! ;)

Anyway - you're right. It was rem that did the sketch.

GAC
03-17-2006, 03:34 PM
Did anyone mention Har Ecou?

when I talked with rfs this morning that was the first name mentioned. Har was a lovely creature. He liked to play with sharp innstruments.

Another one was hoofbeet. People need to keep him in their prayers. The last I heard on him was that he was struggling with lung cancer.

remdog
03-17-2006, 10:31 PM
But you've never been to Nantucket! ;)

Anyway - you're right. It was rem that did the sketch.

Well, it wasn't really a sketch. Remdog just wagged his tail to her and she got the appropriate view. :devil:

Rem

savafan
03-18-2006, 12:44 AM

I tried to hold on for a while as well. I was a bit skeptical of what I then referred to as "The Splinter Board" just because I didn't know if it would last and be of the same quality of posting as the cincy.com board. Boy, am I glad I did decide to leave. I was famous for getting into fights with Don Heffner (Mike de la Hoz) and Gallagher on the cincy.com board. Now, while my blood pressure is still high, it's not dangerously high. :D

GAC
03-18-2006, 04:50 AM
Well, it wasn't really a sketch. Remdog just wagged his tail to her and she got the appropriate view. :devil:

Rem

It wasn't a Rembrandt.... it was a Remdog - the true expression of the soul of a tortured artist. Or maybe a guy who had had one too many. Either way - it was a classic! :lol:

Spitball
03-18-2006, 03:29 PM
RedBloodedRedFan, I think he was one of them troublemakers. Him and OahuRed would go at it all the time.

Seriously, or unseriously (if that's even a word ;) ) Nux was pretty clever with stealing people's usernames by substituting one letter for another. ie SPITBALL = SPlTBALL. It took awhile to figure out that I was acatually a lower case "L" "l" . I don't really remember exactlly which identities were stolen.

I remember when he first appeared and started insulting everyone. Most of us unwisely took his bait and responded by admonishing his behavior. Then, the guy posts this lengthy apology, claiming to have been off his medications and in a prolonged uncontrolled mental state. He made a statement something to the effect, "Near as I can tell, I have been at my computer for seventy-two straight hours. I have had nothing to eat..."

He was apologizing and blubbering on and on. Again, we took the bait. We posted all sorts of "We understand" and "You poor guy." Before too long he was thumbing his nose again and calling us suckers.

KittyDuran
03-19-2006, 09:33 PM
Wasn't there another Seattle fan named tick-tock? K App has also appeared here on RZ - but I can't remember the name...It helps to do a little snooping... I did a search on "Junior Seattle Trade" and found a thread that has K-App as Blondini but she also used the name KayJay as well.

Heath
03-19-2006, 09:36 PM
I feel like I am reading a missing persons report.

:D

registerthis
03-20-2006, 12:11 PM
when I talked with rfs this morning that was the first name mentioned. Har was a lovely creature. He liked to play with sharp innstruments.

Another one was hoofbeet. People need to keep him in their prayers. The last I heard on him was that he was struggling with lung cancer.

Har Ecou, yes, I believe he said something about my mother in a PM he sent me once.

Hoofbeat was a great guy, one of the Seattle guys. When I travelled up there I was supposed to meet up with him, but for some reason it never took place.

KronoRed
03-20-2006, 02:38 PM
I feel like I am reading a missing persons report.

:D
Have you seen these posters?

If so..call crime stoppers ;)

Heath
03-20-2006, 07:41 PM
Have you seen these posters?

If so..call crime stoppers ;)
http://www.crazyauntpurl.com/images/blog/milk_carton.jpg

Deepred05
03-21-2006, 08:33 AM
How ironic that all those people got their wish regarding Griffey's stay in Cincinnati. Just glad the Seahawks got trounced in the Bowl.....:beerme:

registerthis
03-21-2006, 09:31 AM
How ironic that all those people got their wish regarding Griffey's stay in Cincinnati.

Considering how their team has fared in recent years, I'm quite certain that Junior's career in Cincinnati is the furthest thing from their minds.