PDA

View Full Version : nominate your dumbest quote so far this spring

KoryMac5
03-13-2006, 10:47 PM
I figured we have seen a bunch so far from some of our beloved Reds players and management and keep in mind it's still early in the season. So if you have a dumb quote go ahead and post your favorite.

"Some of the guys who pitched well for us last year aren't going to make the ballclub," Narron said.

This one has to be the dumbest thing I have heard in awhile out of any manager

balk
03-13-2006, 10:53 PM
He meant to say:

"Unfortunately, some guys who didn't pitch so well for us last year are going to make the club again this year."

OnBaseMachine
03-14-2006, 06:59 AM
Jerry Narron and Tony Womack have made so many stupid quotes so far that it's hard to nominate just one.

MrCinatit
03-14-2006, 08:07 AM
if i see "He's a real player" again, i'm going to throw up.

princeton
03-14-2006, 09:52 AM
"The goal is to compete this year"

Johnny Footstool
03-14-2006, 10:03 AM
I nominate Lonnie Wheeler's gem:

"The runs they scored were not win-effective."

cReds1
03-14-2006, 10:09 AM
I figured we have seen a bunch so far from some of our beloved Reds players and management and keep in mind it's still early in the season. So if you have a dumb quote go ahead and post your favorite.

"Some of the guys who pitched well for us last year aren't going to make the ballclub," Narron said.

This one has to be the dumbest thing I have heard in awhile out of any manager

I was laughing at that one too. It will now be part of my sig line. :lol:

Roy Tucker
03-14-2006, 10:33 AM
From this AM's Enquirer:

"He did a great job for us last year," Narron said. "The thing I like about Shack is he wants the ball."

So does my dog. Really bad.

princeton
03-14-2006, 10:56 AM

either he's being traded or going on the DL instead

IowaRed
03-14-2006, 11:10 AM
Jerry Narron and Tony Womack have made so many stupid quotes so far that it's hard to nominate just one.

it's easier and quicker just to agree with this

dougdirt
03-14-2006, 12:21 PM
'Who cares about on base percentage" Tony Womack.

RedsManRick
03-14-2006, 01:29 PM
'Who cares about on base percentage" Tony Womack.

I second the nomination. That's like a bald guy in a barbershop saying "who cares about hair?"

KoryMac5
03-15-2006, 11:59 AM
“Proven guys, guys with track records, have their own ways to get ready, so I don’t overreact either way about how they’re doing at this part of spring training,” Krivsky said.

So what happens when it's July and their still not ready do we overreact than. Didn't Narron say you would have to earn your job nothing was set in stone. Philosophical differences?

dougdirt
03-15-2006, 12:52 PM
Kory, I think he was more along the lines of Adam Dunn isnt going to be benched becuase he isnt even hitting .200, and guys like Dewayne Wise arent going to start just becuase they are hitting .400. Dont look too deep into that comment.

KoryMac5
03-15-2006, 10:06 PM
Yeah different rules for different players kind of like what Sparky had with Bench,Morgan,Rose,and Perez. But it just seems to me that Wayne and Narron are on different pages.

Reds Nd2
03-15-2006, 11:01 PM

At least the guys who didn't pitch well last year will make the ballclub. We have that going for us.