PDA

View Full Version : Robbins?

UPRedsFan
03-14-2006, 09:18 PM
Does anyone know if there's a scouting report on Robbins somewhere that you can access? What does he throw?

M2
03-14-2006, 09:31 PM
I don't know the first thing about him. He's been unremarkable to date, but he's making people miss so far this spring, which maybe indicates he's added a new wrinkle.

Here's his career numbers:

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/R/jake-robbins.shtml

balk
03-15-2006, 09:57 AM
Only saw him throw 2 innings in ST. Nobody hit the ball hard in those two innings, but I think he was facing mostly minor leaguers. Actually, one of those two innings was rather impressive. An infield single and throwing error to start the inning resulted in a guy at second, nobody out, Reds up by a run. Robbins struck out the next 3.

I'm sure he'll begin in Louisville, and maybe we see him in Cincy at some point this year. Although if we do, that's probably a sign that our bullpen has completely disintegrated.

RedsManRick
03-15-2006, 10:08 AM
A career minor league ERA of 4.66, WHIP of 1.54, and K/9 of 5.85. The only thing he's got going for himself is that he does an excellent job of keeping the ball in the park. Based purely off his stast, think John Riedling without the K ability.