PDA

View Full Version : This is disturbing if you're a Buckeye fan...

max venable
03-15-2006, 08:46 PM
Check this out:
http://www.dispatch.com/2006/03/15/20060315-Pc-C2-0800.jpg

Holy Smokes! How does the WHOLE TEAM go south at the same time? It can't continue forever, can it? Is their confidence gone? Is it a team mindset? Yikes.

They better find it by Friday.

OnBaseMachine
03-15-2006, 08:55 PM
They're probably tired. At the end of a long season, three point shooters are known to go through slumps. Same thing happened to West Virginia earlier in the year. The week off should help the Buckeyes get rested up and get their legs underneath them for the NCAA tournament.

I have OSU going to at least the Sweet 16 in every bracket, I even have them winning it all in one of them.

Reds Fanatic
03-15-2006, 09:06 PM
Foster has been in a horrible slump lately but like they said on the broadcasts this weekend he is really not taking bad shots and his form isn't bad he just can't get the shots to fall. Hopefully they break out of it. If this team can shoot well they could go far in the tournament if not they could have trouble getting past the 2nd round.

Heath
03-15-2006, 11:33 PM
I wish Terence Dials had a year left.

This team is either losing in round 2 or going to the final four. No in betweens. It's too streaky.

Danny Serafini
03-16-2006, 01:17 AM
Streaky is right. Fortunately they do have a real inside option in Dials for when the 3s aren't falling. Can't stay cold forever though if they want to advance a few rounds.

SunDeck
03-16-2006, 09:29 AM
I didn't think OSU looked particularly promising in the Big Ten Tournament.
That's the funny thing about college basketball- some teams seem to get it all together at the end of the season and make a great run in the NCAAs, but some lose their steam. OSU fans should be concerned, if you ask me.

bucksfan
03-16-2006, 11:14 AM
I think we definitely need to regain some semblance of prowess from outside the arc to advance beyond 2nd round. I don't mean 50%, but say even 37%. I said at some point early in the season that against the tougher teams, 40% form the arc was our magic number. In our 5 losses we shot 36%, 24%, 37%, 23%, 21% respectively. We certainly CAN win with some lower #'s, as we have Dials as an inside presence and Butler, Lewis, and Sullinger who have shown a willingness to adapt and take the ball to the hole. However, the likelihood of going on an extended run against opponents of presumably increasing quality is not so good if the Buckeyes aren't firing on most cylinders.

I really did not think that all of our shooters could go so cold as a group. But they sure have, and to the team's credit they have been able to grind through it so far.

bucksfan
03-20-2006, 06:25 PM
I didn't get my 37% I was looking for :cry:

Georgetown was by far the better team. That Hibbert, though a little soft now still, is something else! Thompson is a heckuva coach. Best of luck to the Hoyas. If they had not been playing us I'd have enjoyed watching them play.

max venable
03-20-2006, 08:31 PM
I didn't get my 37% I was looking for :cry:

Georgetown was by far the better team. That Hibbert, though a little soft now still, is something else! Thompson is a heckuva coach. Best of luck to the Hoyas. If they had not been playing us I'd have enjoyed watching them play.
Good post. Gotta give credit where credit's due.

What's so baffling is that this is the same Georgetown that lost to South Florida (when South Florida was 0-15 in the Big East at the time).

Yesterday's game was the first and only time that OSU got blown out of any game this year. They were never really in it. I really expected Matta to have them peaking right about now. Oh well.

BTW, that's a tough draw, IMO. G-town sure seems TONS better than a 7-seed.

Heath
03-20-2006, 08:33 PM
BTW, that's a tough draw, IMO. G-town sure seems TONS better than a 7-seed.

Kinda like the year the Bucks were a 3 and played a 6th seeded Missouri club a few years ago.

Oh well, time to see what Oden can do for his year here.