PDA

View Full Version : Bob Davidson couldn't get a job...

RFS62
03-16-2006, 08:28 PM
.... as a Wal-Mart greeter.

He's single-handedly disgracing the WBC with his ineptitude.

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt by calling it ineptitude. If it's intentional, he's beyond pathetic.

We just stole a clear home run from Mexico due to his incompetance.

BigRed
03-16-2006, 08:34 PM
At least they got the run in, so there will be no excuses this time. The bad call makes no difference now.

flyer85
03-16-2006, 08:42 PM

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt by calling it ineptitude. If it's intentional, he's beyond pathetic.

at least he has made it obvious why he wasn't hired back

Phhhl
03-16-2006, 08:43 PM
I have to agree that this umpiring is killing the WBC, though. I have seen two of the worst calls I can remember go in our favor... in the span of one week. I am not a conspiracy guy, but both calls were THAT bad. I want the US to win, but this is almost criminal and I can surely understand Japan and Mexico if they are completely outraged. I am glad Cantu picked up that run. It pretty much saves everyone's a**.

RFS62
03-16-2006, 08:46 PM
It's a disgrace what happened to Japan. This just adds to his legacy.

The image of the Ugly Americans stealing calls is the legacy that Davidson has stamped on this tournament. He needs to go away forever.

StillFunkyB
03-16-2006, 09:03 PM
It's a disgrace what happened to Japan. This just adds to his legacy.

The image of the Ugly Americans stealing calls is the legacy that Davidson has stamped on this tournament. He needs to go away forever.

I agree.

Chip R
03-17-2006, 09:00 AM
at least he has made it obvious why he wasn't hired back

Yeah, like being incompetent was the reason. If that was the case, I could name several umpires who shouldnt have a job.

oneupper
03-17-2006, 11:17 AM
If you ask me, Davidson blew another call in the Mexico game. The ball Jr pulled down the line before striking out in the ninth was fair, IMO (the Mexican 1B fielded it and Jr would have been out).

In the end it didn't matter, but it could have huge. The Mexicans seemed to be mumbling something at the time.

Wonder if anyone else saw this...

cumberlandreds
03-17-2006, 12:44 PM

How can he be a Wal-Mart greeter if can't see the customers that are coming into the store?;)