PDA

View Full Version : Bragging Time - Palm trees and baseball

TOBTTReds
03-20-2006, 01:51 PM
Here are some pics from the game from Tuesday vs. the Red Sox. The Reds touched up our own new man Bronson Arroyo for 5 runs in the first!

That is EdE in the 1st pic

KronoRed
03-20-2006, 02:41 PM
Thanks for the pics ice :)

Heath
03-20-2006, 06:23 PM
10-12 years ago, when my buddies and I did an ST run, the stands were NEVER full like they are now.

Wow.

City of Palms Park is an oasis in the middle of Downtown Ft. Myers. Nice park.

TOBTTReds
03-20-2006, 07:46 PM
Yeah that was standing room only...and then some. Walked around for an inning or two to find a spot. Then my gf and I squeezed in a spot for one. Someone said when the tix go on sale there is a line for almost 200 yards down the street of people waiting for tickets. Sounds wild. Good for them, it was a great atmosphere and I got to talk a bit of baseball with knowledgable sox fans and because no one cared about the result of the game, there was no tension. We hammered Arroyo that game, even our new firstbaseman (Hatteberg) took him WAY out.

Gainesville Red
03-20-2006, 08:06 PM
10-12 years ago, when my buddies and I did an ST run, the stands were NEVER full like they are now.

Wow.

City of Palms Park is an oasis in the middle of Downtown Ft. Myers. Nice park.

In Orlando on Saturday, both Reds and Braves were split squad, and the park was freakin packed.

In fact, my only complaint about the beautiful ballpark was that the seats were real close together. At 6-1 my knees were aching afterwards.

TC81190
03-20-2006, 08:13 PM
We hammered Arroyo that game, even our new firstbaseman (Hatteberg) took him WAY out.

That does NOT make me feel good! :eek: