PDA

View Full Version : Long-term

penantboundreds
03-20-2006, 05:18 PM
I like the trade for the point of it, pitching, pitching, pitching, but I would have preferred to send Wily Mo and Cash for a good AAA or AA pitcher who is said to come into his own and contribute to a major league club in the next 2 seasons. I think we need to think like this, Harang and Claussen will be in their prime in 2-3 years, Homer Bailey will be on the club and will be a very electrifying pitcher, and then if we would have traded for one more prospect that could (should) turn out to be a major league quality pitcher. Then in 2008 we could trade for one #3-4 pitcher and we would have a quality line-up. While saying this you have to think, if you can get something trade value for Griffey at the trade deadline this year, I think you do it.....we should be thinking 2-3 years from now. Reds fans have seen the club struggle long enough, we can do it for 2-3 more years so we can have a studly team come 2008. I know this was kind of a rumble of the tongue but I kept getting thoughts throughout.

flyer85
03-20-2006, 05:43 PM
Hard to see how this help the Reds in the out years. This is more of a panic reaction than seemingly any part of a long term plan.

Heath
03-20-2006, 06:14 PM
Hard to see how this help the Reds in the out years. This is more of a panic reaction than seemingly any part of a long term plan.

Disagree. Here's the wildcard - Arroyo, who probably hates Cincinnati with a passion, goes lights out. Flip him for his overvalue come trade deadline.

And no one wants to think that WMP, hard worker and all, could always go Dave Kingman on you. WMP is a DH - he's in the right league. We'll see him every three years or so.

Remember we are an organization that is at least a decade behind in a talent pool. Ain't nobody gonna help us, unless we help ourselves. I'm going to give WayneK some slack with the draft & with Castellini's money.

flyer85
03-20-2006, 07:43 PM
if ifs and buts were candy and nuts ...

Heath
03-20-2006, 07:58 PM
if ifs and buts were candy and nuts ...

we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

But you also have to remember that there are a TON of if and buts with Willy Mo as well.

flyer85
03-20-2006, 08:13 PM
we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

But you also have to remember that there are a TON of if and buts with Willy Mo as well.wily was more buts.

Heath
03-20-2006, 08:56 PM
wily was more buts.

I'm not touching that. Sorry. Too many possibilities. Many in the wrong direction.

I think WMP's ifs and buts were 50/50.

I'm gonna miss the 500 ft home runs and the 50 mph breezes into the upperdeck when he whiffs.

But those don't help when you lose games 15-14.