PDA

View Full Version : Whos next to be traded??

WVPacman
03-21-2006, 01:16 AM
I have to ask the question b/c they have now been two good players traded in Casey and Pena.Do you guys think they are going to trade all the players that they can and rebuild from the very bottom AGAIN :bang:. I know we needed pitching very bad but what I've read from you guys on here it sounds like hes an average pitcher?? I can't say if he is or not b/c I don't know what his stats have been the last few years.I hate to see Pena go b/c I honestly thought that his potintal is going to be as high as Dunn's in the up coming future.I honestly would have traded Kearns first before I would Pena b/c again Pena has a bigger chance to becoming a better player than Kearns.Do you guys see us trading anymore of our good players away and does this now mean that we can sign Dunn to a bigger and longer contract??

TOBTTReds
03-21-2006, 01:22 AM
Griffey

WVPacman
03-21-2006, 02:05 AM
Griffey

To be honest with you Griffey would have been the first one that I would have traded.The fact is that we spent way to much money for Griffey when we signed him but we did'nt know that then so we kind of dug our own selfs in a hole b/c he has'nt lived up to all the hype.Don't get me wrong I like JR and I was glad he came to play for us BUT he really has'nt done all that much for us b/c of the injurys that he has had.I thought all that time that we should have traded him to get him a freash new start with another team.We are stuck with him now thow b/c we waited to long to trade him plus his contract is so big nobody would'nt want the contract.

KearnsyEars
03-21-2006, 01:01 PM
Griffey or Kearns but not both

KearnsyEars
03-21-2006, 01:02 PM
I honestly would have traded Kearns first before I would Pena b/c again Pena has a bigger chance to becoming a better player than Kearns.

Probably couldn't have landed Kearns for Arroyo though man or they would have done it. Pena's value was higher now. I don't think this was necessarily a bad thing, I think Austin is going to have a great year finally and put it all together.

Jpup
03-21-2006, 01:03 PM
I have to ask the question b/c they have now been two good players traded in Casey and Pena.Do you guys think they are going to trade all the players that they can and rebuild from the very bottom AGAIN :bang:. I know we needed pitching very bad but what I've read from you guys on here it sounds like hes an average pitcher?? I can't say if he is or not b/c I don't know what his stats have been the last few years.I hate to see Pena go b/c I honestly thought that his potintal is going to be as high as Dunn's in the up coming future.I honestly would have traded Kearns first before I would Pena b/c again Pena has a bigger chance to becoming a better player than Kearns.Do you guys see us trading anymore of our good players away and does this now mean that we can sign Dunn to a bigger and longer contract??

Pena can't hit a curveball or catch a cold.

Let's hope that the next move is signing a better 1st baseman than Hatteberg. The Reds shouldn't trade Kearns, he can actually play good defense.

MartyFan
03-21-2006, 01:08 PM
I don't absolutely hate seeing hatteberg at 1b...he has always been an above average fielder...can hit decent...so, we could be in worse shape...What about Votto? Is he on the radar with the MLB team?

As for who will be moved next?

I think Junior or Freel...Kearns really doesn't have any value to bring us a quality young arm or a potential ace like Freel and Junior.

Red Leader
03-21-2006, 01:12 PM
Players I think have a chance to be traded this year:

Freel
LaRue
Griffey
Weathers
Mercker
Kearns
Denorfia
Aurilia

Not saying that all will be traded, but I think those guys have the best chance of being traded, and that's the order of highest to least chance, IMO.
Also of note, I think all players are available, but some like Dunn, Lopez, Harang, and Claussen will have a hard time reaching that "what we expect to get for them vs. what you're willing to give us"

flyer85
03-21-2006, 01:33 PM
I don't absolutely hate seeing hatteberg at 1b...he has always been an above average fielder.at 1b he has always been below average. He was only a starter at 1st since 2002. FRAA in 03 was -12 in 04 was -14 and 05 was -5(limited to 49 games) because the A's gave his 1b job to Dan Johnson.

..can hit decent..he was always well below average for a 1b and at 36 his skills are in rapid decline and PECOTA pegs him for a negative VORP(-4.0) in 2006. Valentin would be a better option at 1st(and still not a good one).

Danny Serafini
03-21-2006, 02:04 PM
I predict Bobby Basham will be the next one traded. ;)

flyer85
03-21-2006, 02:11 PM
I predict Bobby Basham will be the next one traded. ;)Wow you must have ESP - N

Gallen5862
03-21-2006, 02:58 PM
http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/content/printer_friendly/cin/y2006/m03/d21/c1357919.jsp
Reds acquire catcher David Ross
03/21/2006 12:53 PM ET
MLB.com

CINCINNATI -- The Cincinnati Reds today acquired C David Ross from the San Diego Padres in exchange for RHP Bobby Basham.
Ross, 29, has spent parts of the last four seasons in the majors with Los Angeles (2002-04), Pittsburgh (2005) and San Diego (2005). Last season with the Pirates and Padres, he batted a combined .240 with 3 HR and 15 RBI in 51 games.

He was batting .529 (9-for-17) with 3 HR and 7 RBI for the Padres this spring.

Basham, 26, was selected by the Reds in the seventh round of the 2001 First-Year Player Draft. He went 22-22 with a 3.55 ERA in 57 starts over four minor-league seasons.

To make room for Ross on the 40-man roster, RHP Jason Standridge was designated for assignment. Standridge was 0-0 with an 11.57 ERA in 7 relief appearances for the Reds this spring.

This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.

smith288
03-21-2006, 03:05 PM
With recent news...LaRue or Valentin?

Far East
03-21-2006, 04:17 PM
[QUOTE He was batting .529 (9-for-17) with 3 HR and 7 RBI for the Padres this spring.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE With recent news...LaRue or Valentin? [QUOTE]

Could be that the acquisition of Ross frees Valentin up for more 1B PT>

KronoRed
03-21-2006, 04:23 PM
With the trend toward putting old guys in spots young guys could play, I'd say Dunn

;)

vaticanplum
03-21-2006, 04:27 PM
Eric Milton and Tony Womack together for a bag of Cheetos. I'd take it.

More realistically...they'd probably get the best bang for their buck for Freel, who in my mind falls squarely in the middle of being criminally undervalued by this organization and overvalued by others. I'd jump for joy if Aurilia and Womack exceeded expecations and freed us up there instead of weighing us down. Weathers and Mercker are possibilities, but I don't know how much they'd get for them. They might be able to squeeze something good out of a Denorfia-centric trade.

15fan
03-21-2006, 05:07 PM
Just for the record, it's worth noting that Junior is a 10-5 guy.

Carry on.

TeamBoone
03-21-2006, 06:51 PM
To be honest with you Griffey would have been the first one that I would have traded.

Why on earth do people keep saying this?????? :bang:

Don't we all know by now that Griffey can veto any trade?????? And yet, many still keep saying, matter of factly, that he would be the first person they would trade.

Easier said than done.

Danny Serafini
03-21-2006, 07:00 PM
If Griffey would just rework his contract...

:evil:

WVPacman
03-21-2006, 08:18 PM
If Griffey would just rework his contract...

:evil:

Now your talking!!!:laugh:

alexad
03-21-2006, 11:56 PM
Why should Griffey rework his contract? Money is not going to be the issue here. A new owner who wants to see what he has before he spends more money is a wise move. He came in late and by then most of the good FA were gone. He is working with what he has and the whole front office is trying to put a team on the field that will compete. We lacked pitching last year and so far we have added two arms. They may not be the greatest, but we have acquired some arms.

One must spend in order to earn. One must trade good talent to get something in return.

TeamBoone
03-22-2006, 12:15 AM
It has nothing to do with re-working his contract. He's a 10-5 guy... it's his right.

Patrick Bateman
03-22-2006, 12:15 AM
Why should Griffey rework his contract? Money is not going to be the issue here.

I think you missed the sarcasm in the idea. I don't think they actually think he will or should.

WVPacman
03-22-2006, 01:11 AM
I think you missed the sarcasm in the idea. I don't think they actually think he will or should.

:laugh: Kearns I think that went right over his head ;)