PDA

View Full Version : To the mods/owners here

Michael Allred
03-21-2006, 04:41 PM
Something that I REALLY don't like about Redszone is this message I see if I haven't posted in a bit:

Hello Michael Allred it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with other members in one of our forums?

Is this really all that necessary? I'll post something when I feel I have something to say, I don't need to be prodded into it when I don't feel like it. Can we please remove this annoying feature?

RedsBaron
03-21-2006, 04:44 PM
I wonder if KronoRed has ever received that message.;)

KronoRed
03-21-2006, 04:46 PM
I get the other one

Hello KronoRed! Please don't make me work so hard today!:devil:

Red Leader
03-21-2006, 04:46 PM

Yeah, only his go out if he hasn't posted in seconds....:laugh:

jhiller21
03-21-2006, 04:48 PM
I'm not really sure why it bothers you, it's just a little suggestion to contribute something after you've been away for a while.

Chip R
03-21-2006, 04:51 PM
Mean old RedsZone. :(

pedro
03-21-2006, 04:57 PM
It should say :

Hi Michael Allred. Did you know that Queen w/ Paul Rodgers has been showing on many PBS stations this month?

How do you feel about Queen playing Bad Company songs?

Personally we don't approve, but that's just "us".

:)

Reds4Life
03-21-2006, 05:20 PM
It's to encourage people to post and be more active, just ignore the message if you don't want to post.

RedsIn07
03-21-2006, 05:22 PM
I think it's just a default setting of this type of forum.
I frequent another internet forum that uses the same format and got the same exact message on the top the page there.

max venable
03-21-2006, 05:56 PM
There's some irony in the fact that you're complaining about the message, yet it prompted you to start this thread. :D

Boss-Hog
03-21-2006, 06:10 PM
It's to encourage people to post and be more active, just ignore the message if you don't want to post.
What he said

03-21-2006, 06:26 PM
It should say :

Hi Michael Allred. Did you know that Queen w/ Paul Rodgers has been showing on many PBS stations this month?

I saw them on RAVEHD on the DishNetwork Voom channel. In high def and 5.1. I was skeptical, but I thought it actually worked for them. I kind of liked it.

Raisor
03-21-2006, 08:02 PM
The messages can be disabled.

Go to your USER CP. Then go to EDIT OPTIONS.

Receive Email

From time to time, the administrators may want to send you email notices.

If you do not want to receive these notices, disable this option.
Receive Email from Administrators

Reds4Life
03-21-2006, 08:06 PM
The messages can be disabled.

Go to your USER CP. Then go to EDIT OPTIONS.

The message is not an email, it's built into the template system of the board software, it can't be user disabled.

The message he's talking about only appears if you haven't posted for a specific period of time.

jmcclain19
03-21-2006, 11:38 PM
I notice that message came up after was out for a while in Maui.

I personally liked it. Like a warm blanket welcoming me home. Or something like that.

But with this message Michael, you've now disabled it.

All fixed.

RBA
03-21-2006, 11:54 PM
Next time it comes up: Rip your shirt off and flex and ask out loud, "Whatcha ya gonna do when the largest arms in the world and Hulkamania destroys you?."

People just quietly tiptoe away when I do it, espesially in the work place and the Krispy Kreme. Maybe it has the same effect on annoying message board pop up messages?

Michael Allred
03-22-2006, 03:39 PM
I'm not really sure why it bothers you, it's just a little suggestion to contribute something after you've been away for a while.

Like I said, if I feel I have nothing to contribute at the time, why should I post something? Just to get rid of the utterly annoying message?

and it's not a question of being away for a while, I usually come here once a day to see what's going on.

Michael Allred
03-22-2006, 03:40 PM
It should say :

Troublemaker. :laugh:

Michael Allred
03-22-2006, 03:41 PM

It'd be easier to ignore if it weren't smack dab at the top of the page.

Michael Allred
03-22-2006, 03:43 PM
I saw them on RAVEHD on the DishNetwork Voom channel. In high def and 5.1. I was skeptical, but I thought it actually worked for them. I kind of liked it.

Cool, glad to hear it. I think they played Cleveland the other night. I'm heading to Chicago tomorrow for my little bit of happiness.

Michael Allred
03-22-2006, 03:44 PM
I notice that message came up after was out for a while in Maui.

I personally liked it. Like a warm blanket welcoming me home. Or something like that.

But with this message Michael, you've now disabled it.

All fixed.

Until a week from now when it's back again, bugging me to post.:bang:

Blimpie
03-23-2006, 09:18 AM
I kinda see the message as symbolic of that ever-concerned neighbor who gently raps on your door when the newspapers are piling up on the stoop and the acrid smell of death is wafting from your apartment.

For what it's worth, I like it when someone checks on me if my porch light has been on for more than twelve hours. Keep up the good work, mods!

westofyou
03-23-2006, 10:46 AM
I kinda see the message as symbolic of that ever-concerned neighbor who gently raps on your door when the newspapers are piling up on the stoop and the acrid smell of death is wafting from your apartment.

I know of an instance when the dog ate the hand of the deceased, mmmmm hand.

Roy Tucker
03-23-2006, 10:51 AM
Maybe this can be the /dev/null that one can post to in order to keep the annoying messages away.

The bit bucket that collects all the dead bits.

smith288
03-23-2006, 01:02 PM
So in posting a message here, you have basically fell for the point of the email.

Bravo.

Blimpie
03-23-2006, 02:18 PM
I know of an instance when the dog ate the hand of the deceased, mmmmm hand.Whaa? I thought we and dogs had a deal!!!

NEVER BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU...

Oh wait...this just in front the dog union....they would like to add a resolution to their indentured companion services contract modifying the language slightly.

"NEVER BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU......unless said hand has become stricken with rigormortis and, thus, physically unable to feed you. Subsequent to this unthinkable scenario:

1) close your eyes
2) think of Snausages
3) begin gnawing on your former master."

Well, it appears that everything is in order with the whole "hand-eating incident." My apologies to the canine population worldwide.