PDA

View Full Version : Dog:The Bounty Hunter

WVRed
03-21-2006, 09:03 PM
Anybody seen this show? The season premier is tonight. Sad thing is, I know a guy who looks like him.:help:

Reds4Life
03-21-2006, 09:06 PM
Yea, the show is a joke. Mr. Mullet running around with his can of mace; he's going to get blown away one of these days.

I saw on the preview him yelling "He's packing and he's got 2 clips!". I guess Mr. Professional missed the fact handguns don't use clips. Bah, just my ex-law enforcement bitterness kicking in. :D

max venable
03-21-2006, 10:23 PM
I think the show's hilarious. I like it. It's kinda like watching a train wreck...you just can't turn away.

It's predictable--same thing happens every week...chase the bad guys, cuss at the bad guys, threaten them, catch them, buckle them with seatbelts into your minivan, give them a lecture on life and all the lessons you've learned, get emotional and sentimental with them, give them a hug, turn them over to the authorities.

It's must-see TV, man!

Here's a bit of a paradox that seems to happen every week on the show: red-neck, cig-smokin', mullet-boy Dog circles his team up for prayer before a hunt. They pray for safety, success, etc. in Jesus' name and then they go and cuss people out. :thumbup:

It's a real hoot.

savafan
03-22-2006, 02:51 AM
I feel the same way about it that max described. When I see a marathon is on, and I'm going to be up all night, I have a hard time tearing myself away.

RedFanAlways1966
03-22-2006, 08:09 AM
Put me on the list with sava & max. When the show first came on I thought it was ridiculous. After awhile I found myself becoming more-and-more interested in it (partly b/c there is nothing better to watch). And there I was last night watching it from 8:00 - 10:00 an the A&E channel.

My wife, during commercial breaks from her reality TV love affair, will pop in my den and make comments. She thinks Beth, the Dog's wife, is out-of-hand with her "body" and her mouth. Last night I told the wife that they are good people b/c they capture wanted fugitives. She said that she knows that, but just can't get the thought of trailor trash out of her mind whether they are showing the ice-head criminals or the bounty hunters.

Like R4Life, I wonder if someday I will hear or read about the Dog getting shot and killed. I have always thought the same about Steve Irwin too (the Crocidile Hunter)!

max venable
03-22-2006, 09:03 AM
http://starbulletin.com/2004/08/31/features/art1b.jpg
How long before they do DOG: THE MOVIE?

guttle11
03-22-2006, 01:28 PM
It's simply the best show on TV.

dman
03-22-2006, 07:14 PM
I would rather listen to a tape recording of fingernails on a chalkboard in a Sony Walkman

redsfanmia
03-22-2006, 07:42 PM
I watched simply so I could see how much weight Beth has gained and how much more skin she will show this year.

Blimpie
03-23-2006, 08:37 AM
It's not even the best "bounty hunter" reality TV show. That honor should go to "Family Bonds" on HBO.

Dear God...what have I become? :yikes:

smith288
03-23-2006, 01:06 PM
Dog is pretty built for his age though. Wouldnt mess with him. How can you not laugh at that thing he calls a hair style.

They showed the lost pilot yesterday and his hair was shouler length and Beth was only around 200 lbs...LOL... I think each boob weighs that now. It had to be 2 or 3 years ago

Dog still has that weak tuft thing going on top... how does one even master that geyser looking style?

Steve4192
03-23-2006, 03:30 PM
Dog is pretty built for his age though. Wouldnt mess with him.
He looks impressive on film, until you realize he is a Tom Cruise sized wee lad. Dog Chapman is only 5'7" or so (not counting the pompadour), and his son Leland is probably an inch shorter than that. With that tiny frame, it doesn't take a whole lot of mass to look huge. I'd be surprised if he tips the scales at much more than 185 pounds, and Leland probably weighs in at 155.

savafan
03-24-2006, 01:12 AM
Leland is pretty cool though, definately my favorite guy on the show.

Steve4192
03-24-2006, 08:13 AM
Leland is pretty cool though, definately my favorite guy on the show.
Yeah, I definitely like Leland, in spite of the fact that he has inherited his father's penchant for bad hairstyles. He seems ridiculously laid back and has absorbed more of the native Hawaiian lifestyle/attitude rather than the white trash approach preferred by dear old dad.

smith288
03-24-2006, 09:13 AM
Tom Cruise is a total wuss. I think Dog could take care of a few folks slightly taller than him. Cruise would lose to a girl.

Just because he is laughably white trash, doesnt mean he couldnt whip some arse.

But I do like Leland... He seems like he just takes 'r easy and goes along.

biggestREDSfan
03-26-2006, 10:26 PM
I think the show is great! I think they do great work. Keep it up! :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

guttle11
03-26-2006, 11:03 PM
Leland is a beast. Anyone see that episode where he destroyed that big motel owner? Dude threw about 10 punches in 4 seconds.

TeamSelig
03-27-2006, 09:32 AM
Height has little to do with who wins a fight. They are both build pretty good, even if they are only 5'7"

BoydsOfSummer
03-27-2006, 10:06 PM
I've done some bouncing/doorman work in the past. Those little guys are like trying to catch jackhammers sometimes.lol

registerthis
03-28-2006, 12:18 AM
It's awful, but it's great TV. I'm so torn.

As ridiculous as Dog looks, beth looks even more so. I wonder if she has considered a boob reduction, i can't believe those feel good. Yeesh.

Agree about Leland, he's the best of the bunch. Dog's brother Tim reminds of the guy whose middle name is "Wayne" who's mug ends up on the nightly news after committing some grisly crime.

Steve4192
03-28-2006, 08:56 AM
As ridiculous as Dog looks, beth looks even more so. I wonder if she has considered a boob reduction
Agreed. I suspect she's going to be facing some serious back problems as she enters her golden years.

max venable
03-28-2006, 09:16 AM
I'm guessing that we all know someone like Beth... You know, she thinks she's hot but she's really just fat. Got the long fingernails going, lots of makeup, tight clothes, bleached hair, etc. Cracks me up.

WVRed
04-18-2006, 10:04 PM
I watched simply so I could see how much weight Beth has gained and how much more skin she will show this year.

She sure showed a lot of skin tonight.:eek: :barf:

redsfanmia
04-19-2006, 11:13 AM
She sure showed a lot of skin tonight.:eek: :barf:
I missed it tonight:(

CrackerJack
04-19-2006, 12:18 PM
I needed a giggle at work today and this thread provided it. Thank you.

Jr's Boy
04-19-2006, 12:39 PM
Remember Dog was the guy who went down to Mexico and captured Andrew Luster the Max Factor heir who was giving all those women ghb in bars and raping them.And the FBI had egg on their face after they failed to find him.Plus dog even went to jail when he was down there because apperantly Mexico has a law against bringing wanted fugitives back to the states.
Keep up the good work Dog Chapman.:)

WVRed
09-14-2006, 07:57 PM
Remember Dog was the guy who went down to Mexico and captured Andrew Luster the Max Factor heir who was giving all those women ghb in bars and raping them.And the FBI had egg on their face after they failed to find him.Plus dog even went to jail when he was down there because apperantly Mexico has a law against bringing wanted fugitives back to the states.
Keep up the good work Dog Chapman.:)

And Dog, Leland, and Tim were arrested today.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/eo/20060914/en_celeb_eo/20017

By Natalie Finn 27 minutes ago

You never know when you're going to need a good bail bondsman. Or when a good bail bondsman is going to need a good lawyer.
ADVERTISEMENT

Dog the Bounty Hunter's Duane "Dog" Chapman, who parleyed his career hunting down criminals who've violated the terms of their bail into reality TV stardom on A&E, was arrested Thursday in Honolulu, Jay Bieber, Deputy U.S. Marshal for the district of Hawaii, told E! Online. An arrest warrant was issued Wednesday.

Chapman, 53, his son Leland Chapman, 29, and colleague Timothy Chapman (no relation), 41, were picked up by federal marshals at 6:30 a.m. on charges of illegal detention and conspiracy related to the capture in 2003 of Andrew Luster, the Max Factor heir who was convicted in absentia of raping three women in California and then fled to Mexico.

After Luster flew the coop, Chapman and his posse (pre-TV show, yet accompanied by a camera crew) caught up with the criminal in Puerto Vallarta. The bounty hunters took him into their own brand of custody June 18, 2003, and returned him to the U.S., where he was jailed the next day.

Which the Mexican authorities apparently frowned upon. Soon after the Chapmans refused to turn Luster over to the local police in Mexico, they were arrested for "deprivation of liberty." They were scheduled to appear at a court hearing on July 15, 2003, but never showed up.

The Mexican government is looking to extradite the trio, who are currently in custody in Honolulu, back to Mexico. They are expected to make their initial appearance before a judge Thursday afternoon, where the terms of their arrest warrant will be unsealed and a date will be set for future proceedings.

"This is obviously a very upsetting time for the Chapman family," Chapman's rep, Mona K. Wood, said in a statement. "Duane 'Dog the Bounty Hunter' Chapman is a true modern-day hero. He arrests the bad guys--he is definitely not one of them. He shall be vindicated."

Meanwhile, the network that brought Chapman's exploits as family man and head of Da Kine Bail Bonds into the public eye is standing by its star.

"A&E supports Dog and his family during this difficult time and is proud of his role in helping to bring a convicted serial rapist to justice," the network said in a statement. Luster is currently serving a 124-year prison term.

Chapman is said to have gotten the better of 6,000 bail jumpers and criminals during his 25 years in the business and Da Kine Bail Bonds has locations on Oahu, Maui and the island of Hawaii.

His memoir, You Can Run but You Can't Hide: The Life and Times of Dog the Bounty Hunter, is due out in February 2007

Reds4Life
09-14-2006, 09:06 PM
US jails are a 5 star resort compared to a Mexico jail. Big man "Dog" should be getting mighty scared right about now.

Blimpie
09-15-2006, 10:02 AM
US jails are a 5 star resort compared to a Mexico jail. Big man "Dog" should be getting mighty scared right about now.This article also shows a picture of him behind bars...he doesn't look too happy.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/15521019.htm

BUTLER REDSFAN
09-15-2006, 11:34 PM
ok-this guy goes to mexico to catch a bad guy--the mexican government wants him arrested and we are sending him down there at Mexico's request but in the meantime 25% of the population is illegally crossing our borders????? why dont they ask for all those people back?!?!

Highlifeman21
09-16-2006, 10:29 AM
I guess with Dog in jail, this means he won't be making an appearance at the Atlantic City Boatshow September 29th to October 1. The value of my tickets just went south of the cardstock on which they're printed.

RedFanAlways1966
09-16-2006, 08:50 PM
Gee... wonder why the Mexican authorities could not capture an American criminal living in their country? Took an American to bring in a multi-rapist living there. An American who has brought thousands of law-breakers to jail. Perhaps they were embarrassed that they were outdone by someone who seems more capable than them at doing their own job?

As far as I am concerned the American authorities should tell their Mexican neighbors to taking a flying leap into the Pacific Ocean. It might keep more criminals off of our own streets... the ones these guys round up and bring to justice. I am sure we will get through any hard feelings that our Southern neighbors will have.

FoReel
09-17-2006, 02:13 AM
He looks impressive on film, until you realize he is a Tom Cruise sized wee lad. Dog Chapman is only 5'7" or so (not counting the pompadour), and his son Leland is probably an inch shorter than that. With that tiny frame, it doesn't take a whole lot of mass to look huge. I'd be surprised if he tips the scales at much more than 185 pounds, and Leland probably weighs in at 155.
Hey dont let size full you my little brother is 5'7 and about 150, and when we play football, one of the better taclkers out there.