PDA

View Full Version : Philips DVP642 DVD player

savafan
03-23-2006, 01:32 PM
If anyone is looking for a DVD player that will play any disc, this is the one to get. I found one at CompUSA for less than $70. It will play any region DVD if you enter the following code:

open disc tray and enter via remote 789OK+0

It will play DVD-Rs, CD-Rs, virtually anything you could possibly want to play in a DVD player.

I know my movie habit was bad before, but now it will go through the stratosphere.

Just wanted to spread the info about this product.

savafan
03-23-2006, 01:57 PM
I forgot to mention that it also has built in NTSC to PAL format transfer

RedFanAlways1966
03-23-2006, 01:58 PM
Nice of you to share this with RZ, sava. :)

KronoRed
03-23-2006, 02:13 PM
Another vote for this player, got it at tax time and I love it..plays everything, Divx, xvid ext.

It rawks.

OldRightHander
03-23-2006, 05:15 PM
I forgot to mention that it also has built in NTSC to PAL format transfer

Now that's a nice feature. There are some Brit DVDs I've been wanting to get but I don't have anything that plays PAL.

I know my movie habit was bad before, but now it will go through the stratosphere.

Tell me about it. I recently got one of those portable players with a 7" screen and I've become a certified film junkie since then. That thing is great for travelling or for any other situation where portability comes in handy. Plug in a good set of headphones and you have a pretty good poor man's surround sound system.

savafan
03-24-2006, 02:15 AM
Now that's a nice feature. There are some Brit DVDs I've been wanting to get but I don't have anything that plays PAL.

I had mistakenly gotten some PAL discs off of Ebay (didn't read the full description before bidding :bang: ) That's why I had to seek this baby out. Hooked it up tonight and it worked fabulously.

Jpup
03-25-2006, 06:41 AM
It's sold at Wal-Mart for less than $60. I have been aiming to pick one up, but keep putting it off.

savafan
03-25-2006, 03:44 PM
It's sold at Wal-Mart for less than $60. I have been aiming to pick one up, but keep putting it off.

You should get it, you won't regret it.

Jpup
04-03-2006, 05:38 AM
You should get it, you won't regret it.

I picked up the player today @ Wal-Mart for less than $55 before tax. I haven't hooked it up yet, but it seems to be a great value from everything I have read.:beerme: