PDA

View Full Version : Observation on one of Marty's comments...

Wheelhouse
03-23-2006, 10:49 PM
Marty said today that Pena was one of the laziest players he's been around. I find that hard to believe. Though he's not a good outfielder, he has improved. He consistently plays winter ball. His plate approach has improved. And beyond that I don't think one can have a physique like his and not work on it. Does anyone know if there is an incedent(s) marty is referring to? PS- I'm for the trade I just found his comment odd.

redsfan30
03-23-2006, 10:50 PM
Check today's game thread.

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44015

WMR
03-23-2006, 10:54 PM
iz marty racist towards domincans? lots of unfair criticiszm seems to be at their expense w\o justification lots of time not that he doesnt talk out of his you know what about other things to

redsfan30
03-23-2006, 10:55 PM
iz marty racist towards domincans? lots of unfair criticiszm seems to be at their expense w\o justification lots of time not that he doesnt talk out of his you know what about other things to
:rolleyes:

WMR
03-23-2006, 10:56 PM
:rolleyes:

im serious lot of his felipe comments were over the line and now wily mo when every1 says he was the hardest worker

redsfan30
03-23-2006, 10:59 PM
im serious lot of his felipe comments were over the line and now wily mo when every1 says he was the hardest worker
Once again.....:rolleyes:

WMR
03-23-2006, 11:01 PM
Once again.....:rolleyes:

well roll your eyez or whatevr youre doing but ive noticed it very subversiv over the years but i think hes given breaks over 'percieved' critcisms to white ballplayers that hes killed hispanics/domincans over

KronoRed
03-23-2006, 11:01 PM
He doesn't like Dunn either so it's not that.

redsfan30
03-23-2006, 11:02 PM
well roll your eyez or whatevr youre doing but ive noticed it very subversiv over the years but i think hes given breaks over 'percieved' critcisms to white ballplayers that hes killed hispanics/domincans over
:confused:

WMR
03-23-2006, 11:02 PM
He doesn't like Dunn either so it's not that.

well dunn hes a special case any1 can see he strikez out too much ;)

redsfan30
03-23-2006, 11:03 PM
Don't like Marty....that's fine. But leave race out of it.

WMR
03-23-2006, 11:05 PM
i only started to dislike marty when i started picking up on the way he rides certain nationalties more than others when its not waranted

redsfan30
03-23-2006, 11:08 PM
I'd better quit responding before I get in trouble with the mods.

Once again...leave race out of this.

WMR
03-23-2006, 11:13 PM
I'd better quit responding before I get in trouble with the mods.

Once again...leave race out of this.

hey if u disagree w\ me fine say so but dont just shout me down to leave race out of it like pretending it doesnt exist. maybe u just arent as sensitive to it as others of color. i think it might even be subcionscious with marty who konws for sure but i know what i hear and how i think about a lot of his criticisms towards ed. e, felipe, wily mo, and others

MartyFan
03-23-2006, 11:20 PM

Well, I for one agree with you...the way he used to just rip apart Davey Concepcion, Cesar Geronimo, Tony Perez, Soto, Rijo, Sarmiento, and others over the years has been incredible...Don't forget that he was also ver standoffish with Driessen, Griffey Dr., Foster, Morgan as well...I also sensed that maybe he doesnt like switch hitters because he thinks they are indecissive...and we all know his immense dislike for people with sinus conditions.

I have no clue where you are coming from because outside of his rather steady dislike of Wily Mo's being on a team like the Reds when he was not ready to be on any MLB team...maybe you mistake that?

Marty always said since the day Wily Mo came to the big leagues that him on the 25 man roster was really giving us 24 players to play with...

kyred14
03-24-2006, 01:19 AM
Thats ridiculous, Marty doesn't like anyone. ;)

BCubb2003
03-24-2006, 01:39 AM
I think you ought to ask the question if it occurs to you, and we can kick it around, look at it from all sides, and figure it out.

If you ever heard Marty talk about Lee May or Tony Perez, you'd know he's not racist. I'd like to challenge him on what he said about Pena, but maybe he's right and all the sportswriters were just blowing smoke, or being spun by the coaches at the time. I'd sure like to reconcile the different stories.

I think it's really just Marty's version of what we talk a lot about here: the cult of scrappitology. In a way it makes sense that announcers, sportswriters and the casual fans would relate to the ballplayers who are easy to relate to... the affable little hustler like Kirby Puckett instead of the aloof talented star like Eddie Murray. As you can see, it's not about race, but it looks like that when a black player is the target. Sometimes a white player is the target, like Dunn, but nobody thinks of race.

Add to that Marty's general sourness these days, and the generational gap with the overpaid, hip-hip playing, headphone wearing, tattoo-getting punk kids from where ever they came from, and you can push some buttons.

Of course, most of this would go away if these guys were winning pennants. I try to remember that Marty's been watching even more of the same disappointing organization that we have.

KronoRed
03-24-2006, 01:49 AM
Well, except himself :devil:

Hobo
03-24-2006, 02:25 AM
Excellent post BCubb.

Ron Madden
03-24-2006, 04:31 AM
I think you ought to ask the question if it occurs to you, and we can kick it around, look at it from all sides, and figure it out.

If you ever heard Marty talk about Lee May or Tony Perez, you'd know he's not racist. I'd like to challenge him on what he said about Pena, but maybe he's right and all the sportswriters were just blowing smoke, or being spun by the coaches at the time. I'd sure like to reconcile the different stories.

I think it's really just Marty's version of what we talk a lot about here: the cult of scrappitology. In a way it makes sense that announcers, sportswriters and the casual fans would relate to the ballplayers who are easy to relate to... the affable little hustler like Kirby Puckett instead of the aloof talented star like Eddie Murray. As you can see, it's not about race, but it looks like that when a black player is the target. Sometimes a white player is the target, like Dunn, but nobody thinks of race.

Add to that Marty's general sourness these days, and the generational gap with the overpaid, hip-hip playing, headphone wearing, tattoo-getting punk kids from where ever they came from, and you can push some buttons.

Of course, most of this would go away if these guys were winning pennants. I try to remember that Marty's been watching even more of the same disappointing organization that we have.

Well said BCubb,

However I'm sure there are many fans/ members of this board and thousands more that listen to every game on radio that have been around longer than Marty. (and He loves to throw that line out)

We all have been disappointed and down right angry at times. We debate line up construction, pitching moves and player trades. We have one thing in common.. We Care.

IMHO Reds Baseball is nothing more than a job to Marty nowdays. He could care less what happens on the field of play, as long as he has all the bennifets of the job.

At one time Marty was great .. not so anymore.

Jpup
03-24-2006, 05:05 AM
He could care less what happens on the field of play, as long as he has all the bennifets of the job.

surely you don't believe that. :confused:

Ron Madden
03-24-2006, 05:16 AM
The hell I don't. :) ;)

savafan
03-24-2006, 06:03 AM
I heard the comments. Steve seemed to have Marty's back with the caller as well. You think, just maybe, they who follow the team every day may know things that we don't? I dunno, just a thought.

Ron Madden
03-24-2006, 06:08 AM
But don't we all follow this team everyday?

RANDY IN INDY
03-24-2006, 07:56 AM
I don't believe anyone on the board is privy to the things that Marty and Steve see, personally, on an everyday basis.

REDREAD
03-24-2006, 11:44 AM
Marty has his pet favorites players and guys he likes to pick on.

Willy Mo got in the doghouse years ago because he made some errors and struck out.

Felipe was perpetually in Marty's doghouse until he started putting up all star numbers, for a similiar reason (K's, defensive lapses).

Marty does not base it on race, but it's hard to change Marty's first impression of someone

westofyou
03-24-2006, 11:49 AM
Marty does not base it on race, but it's hard to change Marty's first impression of someone
Yep, it's all about how you treat Marty in the clubhouse, he pretty much said that about Willie Green, who once turned down Marty's offer to interview in a way that did not please Marty. Add that to a morose on field manner and you are a going to be beat up on now and then.

As for other Marty targets, you can bet he didn't pull any punches on Dibble nor did he constantly praise Chris Sabo's baserunning skills.

TeamBoone
03-24-2006, 12:58 PM
And don't we all remember when he was dogging Jr? Only to find out he was hurt?

There's no doubt in my mind that Marty spends very little time in the clubhouse anymore. He probably spotted WMP goofing off during practice one day and that set him in motion. He rants about AD's strikeouts too. Personally, I don't think he knows as much about baseball as a lot of people think he does.

I don't think Marty spends any more time at the ballpark than he absolutely has to these days. I honestly don't think a whole lot of his comments have anything to do with first-hand experience... he just takes the most minute thing and makes a mountain out of it.... not based on fact, but rather, based on his opinion(s). Geez, you ever listen to his conversations with the various beat reporters? I can't even stand to listen anymore.

He thinks every player on the field should perform like a robot... perfectly at all times, just like he performs perfectly in the booth.

savafan
03-24-2006, 01:02 PM
I don't believe anyone on the board is privy to the things that Marty and Steve see, personally, on an everyday basis.

That's what I was getting at. Thanks RICN!

RFS62
03-24-2006, 01:04 PM

Outstanding post. The Cult of Scrappitology.

Now I gotta go spread around some rep points so I can hit you again.

Rotater Cuff
03-24-2006, 01:09 PM
The question should be more about Pena than Marty. Marty will say what he wants, when he wants to, and he is an equal opportunity criticizer. Don't show him an attitude or get in his face, you'll be sorry.
Did Pena goof off? We know he rarely followed Reds dictates. Do you recall when the Reds made a point of him going to Arizona for winter ball and he refused?
Were there other issues? Before we accuse Marty of being anything more than a perfectionist and someone who likes his butt worshiped, we should analyze if Pena became a prima donna since coming into the major leagues so early with so little basics learned.

savafan
03-24-2006, 01:23 PM
I've also heard that several Reds players weren't too upset to see Wily Mo go either. There has to be some reason for this.

MartyFan
03-24-2006, 01:31 PM
BCubb: Along with those who already did, I tip my hat...good post.

As a fan of Marty (besed mostly on my memories and nothing of recent years) I'd say it is time for him and the organization to part ways.

big boy
03-24-2006, 01:59 PM
And don't we all remember when he was dogging Jr? Only to find out he was hurt?.

My memory of that was that he dogged Jr. for not hustling. Jr. told him that he was hurt. He then told Jr. that if he was not 100%, he shouldn't be out there.

KronoRed
03-24-2006, 02:57 PM
I've also heard that several Reds players weren't too upset to see Wily Mo go either. There has to be some reason for this.
Would some of them be the ones who get more playing time? ;)

Chip R
03-24-2006, 03:12 PM
I suppose we'll find out soon enough what WMP's work habits are since everything in BOS is under a magnifying glass.

PickOff
03-24-2006, 03:24 PM
WomackRUlZZZ250 - sounds like a troll name to me. I don't have a problem with people bringing up race - believe it or not race relations is a problem we don't talk enough about in our society.....but from a Troll it is just baiting.

savafan
03-24-2006, 03:47 PM
WomackRUlZZZ250 - sounds like a troll name to me. I don't have a problem with people bringing up race - believe it or not race relations is a problem we don't talk enough about in our society.....but from a Troll it is just baiting.

I like the fact that he is "73" years old and uses words like iz, domincans, criticiszm, eyez, and strikez, among others.

Chip R
03-24-2006, 04:06 PM
If you guys have a problem with another poster, express it through the proper channels.

TeamBoone
03-24-2006, 04:39 PM
My memory of that was that he dogged Jr. for not hustling. Jr. told him that he was hurt. He then told Jr. that if he was not 100%, he shouldn't be out there.

Like that's his decision to make.

redsfanmia
03-24-2006, 06:59 PM
What Marty says is the gospel so if he says Wily Mo was a lazy ballplayer than thats what he is.:rolleyes:

wire2wire90
03-24-2006, 07:30 PM

I've heard the same thing... and the laziness thing more than once from several different sources.

Guess that makes me a sheep in Marty's flock ;)

Actually....where are the "hard working" Wily Mo articles... I've be interested to read them.

4256 Hits
03-24-2006, 09:46 PM

It could be that they know that the pitching on the team sucks so they were happy to see an upgrade. Plus my guess if Casey was still on the team he would have sheed a tear.

As for Martry comment I have begun on the last couple years to think what ever the oposite of what Marty says is true. All three of his manager here talked very highly about his work ethic, even though all are bad managers, I will take there word over Marty's.

BCubb2003
03-24-2006, 11:01 PM
Actually....where are the "hard working" Wily Mo articles... I've be interested to read them.

2004:

With Pena's playing time infrequent and Larkin often sidelined by injuries, the two had plenty of spare time last year, and they used it to work in the batting cage, with the captain doing the teaching and the rookie trying to soak it up.

As the year wore on, that work on the side paid dividends. By the time the Reds reached September, their entire starting outfield was on the disabled list, clearing the way for Pena to get the time he desperately needed to develop as a player.

http://www.cincypost.com/2004/06/04/reds06-04-2004.html

2005:

"That's what I wanted to do," said Pena. "I was just looking for that to try to put the ball in the gap and Randa came in to score."

To Miley, that approach was an indication that all of Pena's work with hitting coach Chris Chambliss in using the entire field had made some inroads.

"He went through a bit of a streak in spring training where he was getting back into a little bit of a pull mode," said Miley. "But the kid works as hard as anybody and it's paid off."

http://news.cincypost.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050418/SPT05/504180317/1027

"You have to credit him with the work he's done with Chamb (hitting coach Chris Chambliss )," Miley said. "There was a stretch in spring training where he was in pull mode, but he's worked hard on his approach."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/baseball/mlb/recaps/2005/04/17/11357_recap.html

Last month:

Narron says he has seen Pena's dedication and desire to improve in the field.

"I think he's willing to work," Narron said. "I think anybody that says he's not willing to work hasn't been around him enough. I'm sure at times he would get frustrated and wonder, 'What am I working for?' It's not that he's a lazy guy."

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20060227&content_id=1324760&vkey=spt2006news&fext=.jsp&c_id=cin

wire2wire90
03-24-2006, 11:11 PM
Well there ya go... I need to read the papers/websites more.

In that case, I believe Castellini and company are taking lessons from their buddy Bush's friend Karl Rove... it's a smear campaign

TeamBoone
03-24-2006, 11:27 PM
Castellini isn't the one who said it.

You know, that said, I wonder if these guys (ownership, managerial staff, players) have any idea of what's said during radio broadcasts.

savafan
03-24-2006, 11:31 PM
Castellini isn't the one who said it.

You know, that said, I wonder if these guys (ownership, managerial staff, players) have any idea of what's said during radio broadcasts.

I'm sure some do. I can recall Rob Dibble refusing to be on the star of the game show after Marty B. was critical of his behavior back during the 90's

WMR
03-25-2006, 01:42 AM
I like the fact that he is "73" years old and uses words like iz, domincans, criticiszm, eyez, and strikez, among others.

you know you should stick to your own business and not tell me how to use redzone b\c i treat every1 w\ respet and i reserve the sam from u im sorry im not smart enuf for u i am 73 and im trying to give this board a fair shak and dont call me troll b\c i find that hasty, nasty not ffair to how u have been treateed very child, honestly, and you should reexamine what makes you feel such certainty towards disrespect towards others.

TC81190
03-25-2006, 01:47 AM
you know you should stick to your own business and not tell me how to use redzone b\c i treat every1 w\ respet and i reserve the sam from u im sorry im not smart enuf for u i am 73 and im trying to give this board a fair shak and dont call me troll b\c i find that hasty, nasty not ffair to how u have been treateed very child, honestly, and you should reexamine what makes you feel such certainty towards disrespect towards others.

Uh.

What?

WMR
03-25-2006, 01:48 AM
dont call me a troll i don't deserve it ne more than you judge me by my posts im treating every1 w\ respect and i deserv the same

savafan
03-25-2006, 01:53 AM

I apologize. My post was out of line.

jhiller21
03-25-2006, 01:57 AM
dont call me a troll i don't deserve it ne more than you judge me by my posts im treating every1 w\ respect and i deserv the same

Thanks for posting!

johngalt
03-25-2006, 02:59 AM
The comments about Pena seem to stem from a few things.

1. Lots of people around the club - writers, broadcasters, officials, etc. - seemed to whisper a lot last season about how long it was taking him to recover from a quad bruise or whatever. I remember a lot of people on here doing the same. The general consensus always came across that Pena turned little nagging injuries into injuries much more serious because he didn't want to work through them.

2. I seem to recall Pena taking a lot of heat from people for not doing extra BP and "voluntary" sessions during the year that other players did. Even when he was struggling.

3. It's not necessarily having to do with being lazy, but some of the writers seemed to get the impression that some people felt WMP had gotten a big head and was cocky with people at times. He felt like he was on the Dunn/Jr level of "status" I guess on the club as far as what was expected of him to do and everything.

Those were just some of the rumblings I've heard and read from people.

Ron Madden
03-25-2006, 04:56 AM
What I've been sayin' all along.. .

There was a time when Reds Fans were considererd amoung the best and brightest in all the land.

Way back when we could form our own opinions.

The average Reds Fan of today (IMHO) believes everything they happen to hear from Marty.

The true shame here is that nobody wants to disagree with any of Martys opinions.

Most local beat writers and sportstalk radio host wait for Martys take on things before they'll take a stand on a subject. Gotta agree with "THE HALL OF FAMER" ya know.

This is not a hate on Marty post but rather a hate on the nature of things. ;)

TeamBoone
03-25-2006, 12:34 PM
Marty was alone in the booth last night... best game I've heard him call in a long long time.

He had no one else to talk to so, for the most part, he stuck with the game. Very few sarcasms as well.

Matt700wlw
03-25-2006, 12:45 PM
Marty said today that Pena was one of the laziest players he's been around. I find that hard to believe. Though he's not a good outfielder, he has improved. He consistently plays winter ball. His plate approach has improved. And beyond that I don't think one can have a physique like his and not work on it. Does anyone know if there is an incedent(s) marty is referring to? PS- I'm for the trade I just found his comment odd.

I've heard that there are some players that weren't really sad to see him go because he is so gifted, but doesn't work as hard as some who aren't.

Again, it's what I've heard.

Matt700wlw
03-25-2006, 12:47 PM

He's not racist towards anybody. He says what he feels, just like we do....the difference is, what we say doesn't get broadcast over a 50,000 watt station.

Matt700wlw
03-25-2006, 12:49 PM

Junior's the hardest worker.

Matt700wlw
03-25-2006, 01:05 PM
Marty was alone in the booth last night... best game I've heard him call in a long long time.

He had no one else to talk to so, for the most part, he stuck with the game. Very few sarcasms as well.

See...he's still got it! :p:

PickOff
03-25-2006, 03:12 PM

My sincere apologies. I look forward to reading your future posts.

WMR
03-25-2006, 06:02 PM
maybe i was wrong after all thx for everyones input

hokie94
03-25-2006, 06:10 PM
Nope...I think you are still a troll.

hokie94
03-25-2006, 06:11 PM
:)

WMR
03-25-2006, 06:24 PM
Nope...I think you are still a troll.

what exactly does this mean neway to call someone a troll is it just a putdown or like a stupid person or what

Tommyjohn25
03-25-2006, 06:27 PM
what exactly does this mean neway to call someone a troll is it just a putdown or like a stupid person or what

Basically a troll is someone who comes to a certain forum like this one and does nothing but make ignorant and controversial posts to get all the regulars fired up. Usually these said "trolls" are fans of other teams, or not a fan at all, just troublemakers. Not saying that's you at all, just answering your question.

WMR
03-25-2006, 06:31 PM
Basically a troll is someone who comes to a certain forum like this one and does nothing but make ignorant and controversial posts to get all the regulars fired up. Usually these said "trolls" are fans of other teams, or not a fan at all, just troublemakers. Not saying that's you at all, just answering your question.

oh ok thanks no i was just speaking my mind yeah i see how that wold makee people mad! i defintely love the reds!

Team Clark
03-25-2006, 06:32 PM

Now that's funny.

I do not know of any particular incident but Marty does "call 'em like he sees 'em". Just ask him.

Hoosier Red
03-25-2006, 06:37 PM
He's not racist towards anybody. He says what he feels, just like we do....the difference is, what we say doesn't get broadcast over a 50,000 watt station.

Matt, does the fact that he's saying it over 50,000 watts make it more important for him to know what he's talking about and not necessarily say whatever he feels at the moment?
It's not a slam on him but I agree with Redread that when he brands someone lazy it's really hard to shake the label.
He's the voice of the Reds to a lot of people so if he calls Wily Mo or Felipe or Dunn or whomever lazy then it's gospel to alot of his audience.

So if he's going to say that shouldn't it be something he's certain of, and not a situation where he just sees Wily Mo not hustle down the line and deems him lazy?

Team Clark
03-25-2006, 07:26 PM

Phenomenal post. Read it three times.

bunter
03-25-2006, 07:52 PM
I don't think race or ethnicity has a thing to do with it. Over the years I've heard Marty ride a lot of guys from Joe Morgan to Johnny Bench to Paul O'Neill to Felipe Lopez. When it comes to getting on people Marty is an equal opportunity offender and usually I agree with him. As for Wily Mo there's one where I will have to agree as well. Sure his offense got better and that comes with playing time. But my experience of a players work ethic is on defense. Case in point is Wade Boggs who when he came up was a disaster defensively. However by putting in extra time focusing on defense he advanced to the point where I believe he was a gold glove caliber player. Wily Mo was a butcher in the field three years ago and he still is today. I wish him well and I think he will do well in heading to a league where he can do what he does best - hit.

TeamBoone
03-25-2006, 08:16 PM
As for Wily Mo there's one where I will have to agree as well. Sure his offense got better and that comes with playing time.

So, regardless of the multiple articles that state otherwise, you and Marty think that WMP is lazy and has a lousey work ethic... correct?

bunter
03-25-2006, 08:47 PM
So, regardless of the multiple articles that state otherwise, you and Marty think that WMP is lazy and has a lousey work ethic... correct?

That would be correct as it relates to his defense. I give WMP credit for being a great offensive talent. Ted Williams said that hitting a baseball is the hardest thing to do in sports and WMP has gotten consistently better over time at that. Catching the ball however is another story. Catching a baseball isn't rocket science but is something that can be picked up with work. WMP not only is still a hack defensively, he hasn't really gotten any better. I think WMP focus was, is, and will continue to be offense and since George Foster made a lot more money than Cesar Geronimo over the course of his career I guess I can understand the focus on offense.

pedro
03-25-2006, 08:54 PM

He likes Marty.

TeamBoone
03-25-2006, 09:42 PM
That would be correct as it relates to his defense.

You know, some guys could practice 24/7 and still not be good a certain aspect of their game. IMHO, WMP is one of them.... doesn't mean he doesn't work hard at it.

sixfigure
03-25-2006, 10:21 PM
Marty is so full of his self that he has gone over board. He is a radio announcer that is so opinionated that it is sickening. Don't you remember he was the one on the Arelia bandwagon and was against Lopez last year. If he had his way we would of gotten rid of Lopez last year....same for encarnacion....same for Wily Mo...got his wish there..!! It's obvious to anyone that you need not be on his hit list....even if you never play winter ball and continue to come to camp out of shape thats ok as long as your part of the old good ol' boy network. He can say anything he wants but that definately was a cheap shot and probably goes back to last year when Wily Mo refused an interview with King Marty...If Marty don't like you plan on not being liked...RIGHT...or WRONG. In this case saying that Wily Mo was LAZY was completely wrong and uncalled for IMHO. BTW I can be as shallow as King Marty....his hair looks awful funny to me but I don't think that should be held against him....LOL!!!!

deltachi8
03-25-2006, 10:32 PM
Catching a baseball isn't rocket science but is something that can be picked up with work.

So via this theory, all I have to do is start practicing and I can play CF at a major league level. I mean, I will work hard and alot of hours.

IF Marty had said, "It was a good trade for the Reds because defensively, Pena just cant play in this league." that would be fine. Calling the guy lazy is just non needed and goes against what many reports have said. It was Marty trying to show he knows better than everyone else.

George Foster
03-25-2006, 10:40 PM
You know, some guys could practice 24/7 and still not be good a certain aspect of their game. IMHO, WMP is one of them.... doesn't mean he doesn't work hard at it.

Playing defense is a pretty big "aspect" of his game. If you can't get better at it you need to be a DH.

Chip R
03-25-2006, 11:02 PM
Playing defense is a pretty big "aspect" of his game. If you can't get better at it you need to be a DH.
Absolutely. But BOS already has the best DH in the game. I get the feeling WMP is Manny insurance on the million to one chance that Manny flips out and does not want to play anymore. At least till he changes his mind.

delta is spot on. I know people like and admire Marty for telling the truth but I think you can go too far in that. What good does it do anyone to say that?

StillFunkyB
03-25-2006, 11:40 PM

Shaq and his free throws say hi. ;)

TeamBoone
03-26-2006, 12:46 AM

I totally agree, but that wasn't my point.

My point is, how can a person be dubbed as lazy when he's working hard every day to try to improve? Being unable to improve his defense, despite hard work, doesn't translate to being lazy.