PDA

View Full Version : "Trade Idea" Threads

ajmlx9
03-24-2006, 12:55 AM
Would people quit this garbage? It's absolutely pointless.

We aren't general managers. We aren't associated with the Reds. Our trade ideas are a waste of time.

The only time trades should be talked about is
1) When they are rumored by sources such as newspapers and actual organizations.
2) When they actually happen.

DoogMinAmo
03-24-2006, 01:15 AM
That is not the way to make friends around here bucko. Unfortunately, while you may not enjoy the trade idea threads, there are many others that do, which I am sure you probably are getting from your negative rep.

Tip for next time: just don't read them.

Either that, or enjoy them for what they are: an insight to relative value of players, an attempt at bargain hunting and honing of eyes for talent, and an exciting game of "Call your shot."

You're call.

jmcclain19
03-24-2006, 01:17 AM

We aren't general managers. We aren't associated with the Reds. Our trade ideas are a waste of time.

1) When they are rumored by sources such as newspapers and actual organizations.

Are you just trolling for trolling's sake?

Trade rumors from here, especially from few people like Brookyln, Big Donkey and others I know I've left out, tend to be more factual based than anything you'd pick up in a newspaper in Cincinnati. I can't tell you how many times in the last three years I've read something here, only to see ESPN, the Enquirer or SI playing catchup a day or two later "breaking" the news.

TeamBoone
03-24-2006, 01:32 AM
Are you just trolling for trolling's sake?

I think he is as he seems to be going out of his way to be annoying.

Krusty
03-24-2006, 01:46 AM

Hey Junior, bad day in school?

Being the trademeister of the board, I like to put my baseball brain to work and just see how I can improve the Reds. I know my trade ideas are just that.....ideas but my love for the Reds is real.

So, when I have someone telling me what I should say and what I should post, I will just say you can kiss it where the sun doesn't shine.

Hollcat
03-24-2006, 01:51 AM

How about we give ajmlx9 for Gallagher and Cash. ;)

jmcclain19
03-24-2006, 01:52 AM
How about we give ajmlx9 for Gallagher and Cash. ;)

Does Gallagher know how to play the game?

KronoRed
03-24-2006, 02:51 AM
He's a solid vet.

IslandRed
03-24-2006, 12:05 PM

Thank you for your submission. We regret to inform you it does not suit our present needs.

Newman4
03-24-2006, 12:12 PM
If people don't like to play general manager, then I guess there wouldn't be any fantasy baseball, football, etc. leagues. Heck, playing general manager is the reason I still play video games.

bengalsown
03-24-2006, 12:14 PM

Well, I guess we should go ahead and close down the message board.

It's been fun.

RedsManRick
03-24-2006, 12:28 PM
He has a point. We aren't even on the Reds, so why are we talking about them? I guess that means I shouldn't talk politics anymore either; or women, not being one and all... hmmm...

So... uhh... white males living in Chicago; what's your take?

westofyou
03-24-2006, 12:31 PM
So... uhh... white males living in Chicago; what's your take?

You can tell how old they are by counting the rolls of fat on the back of their necks and multiply each one by 11 years.

redsfan30
03-24-2006, 12:45 PM

Not off to a great start, are ya?

smith288
03-24-2006, 01:26 PM
I like the beer smiley to offset the absolute moronicness of the thread... like, "oh, he is clinking beers... ill ignore his whole self righteous post and clink his beer..." Suuuure.

Joseph
03-24-2006, 03:50 PM
Just like Doog said in reply #1, don't read them if you aren't interested, but stop with the profanity and the attitude.

max venable
03-24-2006, 03:54 PM
Here's a trade idea:

How 'bout ajmlx9 and a bag of balls to Colorado for Ryan Shealy? Heck, I'll even throw in Tony Womak to sweeten the deal. :thumbup:

Any takers?

Ender
03-24-2006, 03:59 PM
Ajmlx9's rep looks like mine on the Raiders' board. :laugh:

I love the trade threads, and read them whenever I'm not staring at redsfan30's avatar.

PuffyPig
03-24-2006, 04:06 PM
Does Gallagher know how to play the game?
I hear he's (s)crappy.

pedro
03-24-2006, 04:07 PM
I say we stop all the "let's stop all the" threads.

Doc. Scott
03-24-2006, 04:10 PM
There needs to be a special board for people who manage to get to -200 reputation. What a font of knowledge that little corner of the Internet would be.

traderumor
03-24-2006, 04:11 PM
I say we stop all the "let's stop all the" threads.I say we stop all posts that say we stop all the "let's stop all the" threads ;)

registerthis
03-24-2006, 04:17 PM
I say we stop all posts that say we stop all the "let's stop all the" threads ;)

Let's just stop posting.

It'd stop all the debate, and make me a heckuva lot more productive, dontcha think?

minus5
03-24-2006, 04:39 PM
There needs to be a special board for people who manage to get to -200 reputation. What a font of knowledge that little corner of the Internet would be.

I thought that was what the Reds.com board was for;)

KronoRed
03-24-2006, 04:42 PM
Let's just stop posting.

I am not in favor of this.

TRF
03-24-2006, 04:44 PM

addict.

traderumor
03-24-2006, 04:49 PM
Let's just stop posting.

It'd stop all the debate, and make me a heckuva lot more productive, dontcha think?Sort of like George getting smart when he gave up sex? :)

I like to justify posting and debating as enhancing my mental acuity so that I am more productive and have more and better ideas in less time...or something like that.

KronoRed
03-24-2006, 05:07 PM
addict.
I have it all under control

REALLY :all_cohol

TRF
03-24-2006, 05:33 PM
The first step is admitting you have a problem.

the second step is smashing your keyboard.

guttle11
03-24-2006, 05:35 PM
I admit it has been fun watching his rep get worse and worse.

KronoRed
03-24-2006, 05:40 PM
the second step is smashing your keyboard.
But I love my keyboard :help:

TRF
03-24-2006, 05:42 PM
don't worry. it's a 12 step program. step 10 is buying a new keyboard. One of those real spiffy ones with volume control on them.

Reds Nd2
03-24-2006, 05:46 PM

http://www.forums.mlb.com/ml-reds

Man does that place make my head hurt.

Reds Nd2
03-24-2006, 05:49 PM

:laugh: :laugh:

I sometimes wonder if Krono were to suddenly stop posting, would we all be flung into outer space when the earth quit spinning on it's axis? :)

TeamBoone
03-24-2006, 05:53 PM
I actually thought he'd be gone by now without anyone reporting him. His posts have been nasty enough.

TRF
03-24-2006, 06:10 PM
I actually thought he'd be gone by now without anyone reporting him. His posts have been nasty enough.

I just read some of his posts.

wow.

I wish i could neg him again. Its ok to come in here and dislike a player. Its ok to come in here and be uneducated. It's not OK to spout quasi racist bile.

boot him.

klw
03-24-2006, 06:10 PM
I say we stop all posts that say we stop all the "let's stop all the" threads ;)

Why don't we trade the "stop all post thread...." to the SOSH for a Sox v Tampa Bay game thread and a thread to be named later.

Crosley68
03-24-2006, 06:23 PM
I use to hate the hate threads, but now I only hate those who hate the hate threads........well actually I love to hate the people who hate the hate threads.

Now that I think about it, I hate that I love to hate the people who hate the hate threads. But I am working on it.