PDA

View Full Version : Redszone Poll - Who wins the AL Central?

jmcclain19
03-24-2006, 01:25 AM
Time for a little non-Reds baseball discussion.

Who wins the AL Central?

-Will the Northsiders pull off a repeat of '05?
-Will the young Indians put it all together?
-Is this finally the year the Tigers get over the hump?
-Will the Twins step forward or step back?
-Does Kansas City know that they are allowed to put a major league franchise on the field for 162 games, and it's ok to leave the AAA squad in Omaha?

Jpup
03-24-2006, 03:40 AM
It's all about the pitching and the Twinkies have it.

Red in Chicago
03-24-2006, 07:15 AM
Time for a little non-Reds baseball discussion.

Who wins the AL Central?

-Will the Northsiders pull off a repeat of '05?
-Will the young Indians put it all together?
-Is this finally the year the Tigers get over the hump?
-Will the Twins step forward or step back?
-Does Kansas City know that they are allowed to put a major league franchise on the field for 162 games, and it's ok to leave the AAA squad in Omaha?

white sox equal southsiders, not northsiders...them is fightin' words around here :p:

OnBaseMachine
03-24-2006, 08:00 AM
Indians. It seems me and Cyclone are making the same pick in each poll.

I love the Indians to win the AL Central this year. They made a late push last year; this year I see them getting off to a better start and winning the division. The offense will be very good, and the pitching should be good enough to lead them to the playoffs.

RedsManRick
03-24-2006, 12:15 PM
Both the Indians and White Sox are due for a regression pitching wise. The Indians simply won't be able to replace what Millwood did for them last year. The White Sox bullpen is looking shaky with Jenks thrownig crap and Hermanson's back still a mess. A healthy Jim Thome means the world to them.

The Twins meanwhile have a ton of potential, but are probably 3rd if you ran a sim 1000 times. That said, I think Morneau breaks out, Mauer is an all-star, Kubel challenges for RoY. They've got the pitching in spades and the offense, while still not great, will be league average.

jmcclain19
03-24-2006, 12:55 PM
white sox equal southsiders, not northsiders...them is fightin' words around here :p:

South, North, East, West.

It's all the same right? :p:

jmcclain19
03-24-2006, 12:57 PM
I voted the White Sox. I'm not buying the Indians mirage - I think they made themselves weaker

Jason Michaels doesn't = Coco Crisp, and Paul Byrd doesn't = Kevin Milwood. Plus I think Cliff Lee and CC Sabathia are a tad overrated and this may be the year that is exposed. Sizemore and Peralta may be the real deal, but both played out of their shoes last year and I would expect a slight sophomore slump.

RedsBaron
03-24-2006, 03:06 PM
Indians

KronoRed
03-24-2006, 03:32 PM
Sox to repeat, Indians aren't there yet.

jmcclain19
04-02-2006, 03:21 PM
AL Central action starts tonight

reds44
04-02-2006, 03:22 PM
Go White Sox!

Sweetstop
04-03-2006, 09:40 AM
Sox, of course!