PDA

View Full Version : Redszone Poll - Who wins the AL West

jmcclain19
03-24-2006, 12:29 AM
More non-Reds related discussion.

Who will win the AL West in '06

-Will the Angels come up with enough offense to win again?
-Will the pitching strong A's win finally win a few games before June?
-Will this be Buck's last hurrah in Texas?
-Does King Felix give the Mariners any chance at all?

OnBaseMachine
03-24-2006, 06:55 AM
A's will win 97 games to take the AL West.

A rotation led by Barry Zito, Rich Harden, Dan Haren, Joe Blanton, and Esteban Loaiza may be the best in baseball. The bullpen ain't too exactly chopped liver either with Justin Duchscherer, Huston Street, Kiko Calero, Kirk Saarloos, and Juan Cruz.

I think the offense will be better this year with the additions of Frank Thomas and Milton Bradley and full seasons from Bobby Crosby and Dan Johnson.

jmcclain19
03-24-2006, 11:54 AM
A's will win 97 games to take the AL West.

A rotation led by Barry Zito, Rich Harden, Dan Haren, Joe Blanton, and Esteban Loaiza may be the best in baseball. The bullpen ain't too exactly chopped liver either with Justin Duchscherer, Huston Street, Kiko Calero, Kirk Saarloos, and Juan Cruz.

I think the offense will be better this year with the additions of Frank Thomas and Milton Bradley and full seasons from Bobby Crosby and Dan Johnson.
You didn't even mention Joe Kennedy - who could fill in at any moment for one of the injured five.

Mark Ellis is another under the radar guy for the A's - just a solid all around team.

I voted Oakland as well. I've seen them three times in Spring Training this year - just such a deep team.

The best player I've seen on their team this spring is Freddie Bynum, and he won't even make the team - he's likely to get released because he's out of options, and he's not better than what they have out there already.

RedsBaron
03-24-2006, 02:06 PM
A's

KronoRed
03-24-2006, 02:31 PM
A's roll away with it on the way to the series.

jmcclain19
04-02-2006, 02:22 PM
One more day left until opening day

max venable
04-02-2006, 03:24 PM
Must be nice to be in a four-team division. :rolleyes:

KronoRed
04-02-2006, 04:23 PM
It's actually easier for us in the Central, 4 bad teams here, only 1 out there.