PDA

View Full Version : Sarasota update on Castellini

Ga_Red
03-24-2006, 10:28 AM
2/09/07

Hoosier Red
03-24-2006, 01:46 PM
I thought he went to St. X, that's not parochial, stupid writers need to get their facts straight:)

Yachtzee
03-24-2006, 02:44 PM
I thought he went to St. X, that's not parochial, stupid writers need to get their facts straight:)

St. X isn't associated the St. Xavier parish in Cincinnati?

vaticanplum
03-24-2006, 02:56 PM
St. X isn't associated the St. Xavier parish in Cincinnati?

No. It's a private school, unrelated to the church.

edit: I should clarify, unrelated to that specific church. It is a Jesuit high school with a Catholic curriculum.

Hoosier Red
03-24-2006, 02:59 PM
That's why I put the smiley face in, it's really minutea distinguishing between Private Catholic and Parochial schools. I wouldn't actually expect a writer from Florida to know.

Jpup
03-25-2006, 06:28 AM
That's why I put the smiley face in, it's really minutea distinguishing between Private Catholic and Parochial schools. I wouldn't actually expect a writer from Florida to know.

They can't even vote correctly. ;)

Sea Ray
03-25-2006, 11:52 PM
I'd love to see the Reds stay in Sarasota but really, why do they need a new stadium? Ed Smith stadium seems to seat about the same number as the one they're asking for. What more do they need out of a Spring Training stadium that'll host maybe 15 games a year for the big league club?

jmcclain19
03-26-2006, 03:01 AM
I'd love to see the Reds stay in Sarasota but really, why do they need a new stadium? Ed Smith stadium seems to seat about the same number as the one they're asking for. What more do they need out of a Spring Training stadium that'll host maybe 15 games a year for the big league club?

The facility will include training facilities that are pretty standard for other clubs but the Reds are lacking.

Also will house not one but two minor league clubs (Sarasota Reds and the GCL Reds) as well as the Reds Instructional League.

Hardly in use for only "15 games a year". It'll be a year 'round facility.