PDA

View Full Version : Rate this team

savafan
03-24-2006, 03:30 PM
I have quite a few teams, and want to get opinions. I've just jumped back into fantasy baseball after taking last year off. I'm not going to post all of my teams in this thread, I'll spread them out accordingly. Here is the first one:

14 Team Head to Head League

Stat categories:

R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP

C Mike Piazza
1B Dmitri Young
2B Alfonso Soriano
3B Scott Rolen
SS Edgar Renteria
OF Carlos Beltran
OF Ken Griffey Jr.
OF Barry Bonds
UTIL Austin Kearns
BN Josh Willingham
BN Conor Jackson
BN J.J. Hardy
BN Hanley Ramirez
BN Ryan Zimmerman

SP Johan Santana
SP Roy Oswalt
RP Ryan Dempster
RP Ambiorix Burgos
P Rich Harden
P Scott Kazmir
P Bob Wickman
BN Oliver Perez*
BN Brandon Claussen

*I just traded Oliver Perez for Cliff Lee, but have to wait two days before the trade will go through.

Buckeye33
03-24-2006, 03:45 PM
You're putting a lot of faith in Griffey, Bonds and Beltran. Your pitching is quite good, although I'd think about moving a starter (Harden or Lee) for another good closer.

If your OF stays healthy and Beltran returns to some shell of his former self you should do very well, especially in a 14 team league.

Obviously Piazza is a huge ? as well, as is Dmitri Young at 1B. If you can't get a closer for a starter, maybe upgrading at 1B would be easier. Maybe target Dunn for Harden?

IowaRed
03-24-2006, 04:08 PM
Sava, I think the Perez for Lee deal is a great one for you. In order to finish near the top you need more hitting and with it being 14 teams there probably isn't going to be a lot on the WW. So I would be putting all of my efforts into trading an SP for hitting. Your hitting obviously has potential but along with the ones Buckeye mentioned, Rolen and Kearns are big ?'s as well. I would look to move Harden or Oswalt for some more reliable bats