PDA

View Full Version : Need help with XM info

Jr's Boy
03-24-2006, 04:18 PM
I'm going to purchase one for my office,since I work mostly nights.Anyone enlighten me on the best economical one to get, plus how much would it cost to get the whole baseball season?Any own one and could help?

writerdan33
03-24-2006, 04:22 PM
A roadie can be bought for $40 or so, maybe less, at Wal-Mart. The baseball comes with the standard package, only $12.99 per month.

Reds Fanatic
03-24-2006, 04:34 PM
XM411.COM is a good website for XM info. They also have a store that sells all the Xm equipment. They usually have good prices and ship the items out fast. Other than that Best Buy, Circuit City, Walmart and Sears all sell XM. If you get a Roady or Skyfi you will need a home kit or boombox to play it in your office. Or you can get a portable MYfi to take it wherever you go.

gilpdawg
03-24-2006, 05:01 PM
Hey I post there too!:D But seriously, that's a great site for info. They can tell you more about it than anybody here can. So fess up, who's "goreds" on xm411?

DannyB
03-24-2006, 05:26 PM
I found a Skyfi with the home kit on Ebay for $35. Its definately used but works great.Evidently the previous owners have kept up the subscription because i haven`t missed a game yet.

cumberlandreds
03-24-2006, 06:15 PM
I just bought an Audiovox from Wal-Mart. It's great! You get the entire MLB season with your monthly subscription for $12.95. I think I paid about $48 at Wal-Mart and the activation fee is $9.95 if you do it online. The Roady XT is about the same price and looks to be nearly the same as the Audiovox.

Jr's Boy
03-24-2006, 06:18 PM
Thanks everyone,Reds fans are the best.

StillFunkyB
03-24-2006, 06:21 PM
I got the RoadyXT. You need to buy the home kit if your using it in your office.

The thing to note is that if you are getting it for the baseball, you will need the home kit, as the baseball channels are not available for online listening. (You get to listen online when you are a subscriber.)

cumberlandreds
03-24-2006, 06:25 PM
Here is an offer for a free Roady I found earlier today on the satellite guys website. You just have to prepay for three months of service and commit for a total six. Seems like a great deal. I wish I had seen this about two weeks ago.

http://partners.xmradio.com use code OPIANTXM6

PTBNL
03-24-2006, 08:53 PM
I totally dig the Delphi MyFi, if you can spring for he extra $ I think it's well worth it for all the extra features and the 'complete set-up' that is included. The $12.99 monthly comes with EVERYTHING - MLB, NHL, NCAA and of course all the music and talk junk. The box includes the home kit as well as a car kit. The only thing I had to buy was speakers for the home kit. $19.99 at Best Buy AND the whole set-up works with my iPod as well. Doesn't look as cool and fancy as the iPod drop ins, but it'll do. :)