PDA

View Full Version : Craig Wilson

maniem
03-25-2006, 12:23 AM
Has anyone heard if the Pirates are still shopping him? If the Reds don't try to get Shealy, they need to offer the Pirates a package for him.

TeamBoone
03-25-2006, 12:42 AM
Isn't he a shortstop?

dougdirt
03-25-2006, 12:45 AM
teamboone, you are thinking JACK Wilson of the Pirates. Craig has played some OF and some 1B

Ravenlord
03-25-2006, 01:10 AM
Littlefield said during the winter meetings that he was looking to send Craig to the AL as he's "an AL kind of player."

if i were in charge of Cinci right now, i'd be going for Wilson and make him my opening day 1B...he came as a catcher, though, regardless of where you put him, he's an iron glove.

TeamBoone
03-25-2006, 12:23 PM
teamboone, you are thinking JACK Wilson of the Pirates. Craig has played some OF and some 1B

That's exactly who I'm thinking of. Thanks for clarifying.

Izzardius
03-26-2006, 05:17 PM
I really want him for the Cards-he's not a standout at any position defensively but he'd be adaquate in LF and he can really hit.

PTBNL
03-27-2006, 11:07 AM
The latest rumor has Craig Wilson being traded to the Braves for John Thomson.

Post-Gazette Link (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06086/677143-63.stm)

People sometimes forget the human side of this:
Rarely has a team been so interested in trading one of their best players at any cost. "At this point, I'm really not going to worry about it," Wilson said. "The only thing I can do is go out and hit the ball and catch the ball and throw the ball. If something happens, it happens. I'll pack up and go."

BrooklynRedz
03-27-2006, 11:21 AM
The latest rumor has Craig Wilson being traded to the Braves for John Thomson.

Post-Gazette Link (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06086/677143-63.stm)

People sometimes forget the human side of this:
Rarely has a team been so interested in trading one of their best players at any cost. "At this point, I'm really not going to worry about it," Wilson said. "The only thing I can do is go out and hit the ball and catch the ball and throw the ball. If something happens, it happens. I'll pack up and go."

Bob Horner redux?

OnBaseMachine
03-27-2006, 11:27 AM
Bob Horner redux?

Hearing anything about Carlos Pena? Are the Reds interested?

BrooklynRedz
03-27-2006, 02:30 PM
Hearing anything about Carlos Pena? Are the Reds interested?

Unfortunately no. It's been pretty quiet. There had been some clatter about a move for another pitcher before opening day (not much of a surprise there), but since the LaRue injury I haven't heard a peep.

Heath
03-27-2006, 02:38 PM
Unfortunately no. It's been pretty quiet. There had been some clatter about a move for another pitcher before opening day (not much of a surprise there), but since the LaRue injury I haven't heard a peep.

Rats.