PDA

View Full Version : LaRue to have knee surgery

Redny
03-26-2006, 04:10 PM
This explains the Ross deal.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.asp?leaguenum=&sport=MLB&id=2819

captainmorgan07
03-26-2006, 04:41 PM
it explains it but why would they play larue to days in arow then announce today he's hvaing surgery puzzling

reds44
03-26-2006, 05:05 PM
What does this do to the lineup now?

TC81190
03-26-2006, 05:10 PM

I don't know, I almost prefer Javy's offense over Jason's.

KronoRed
03-26-2006, 05:45 PM
Whoever catches will hit 8th so it's not a huge deal.

Redsland
03-26-2006, 06:05 PM
Well, it probably makes Hatteberg the righthanded catcher in a platoon with Valentin behind the dish, and makes Dunn the lefty first baseman splitting time with Cruz whenever Aurilia isn't starting at first against lefties. That opens up left field for Freel, but not everyday, obviously. Womack will have to spell him out there, in addition to getting most of the reps at second. That's not to say Aurilia, Menechino, and Freel won't see time there, obviously. Oh, and it probably means Ross makes the team out of camp as the extra left fielder and emergency second baseman.

:)

37red
03-26-2006, 06:24 PM
My wife will be disappointed.

Blimpie
03-26-2006, 06:31 PM
Sounds like Arroyo REALLY didn't mesh with Jason yesterday and ordered a Gillooly on him....

GAC
03-26-2006, 09:30 PM
it explains it but why would they play larue to days in arow then announce today he's hvaing surgery puzzling

From the Red's website....

After feeling pain in his right knee on Sunday while catching Paul Wilson, starting backstop Jason LaRue underwent an MRI, which confirmed he had torn medial meniscus cartilage. He will have surgery on Monday and is expected to miss 10 days to two weeks.

Far East
03-27-2006, 01:08 AM
Whoever catches will hit 8th so it's not a huge deal.
Part of me wants to see a switch hitter with some pop in one of the post-cleanup power spots; therefore I might bat Javy at least ahead of either Aurilia or Hatteberg, if they play.

OTOH, there may be value in batting Ross or Valentin 8th consistently to maintain a set lineup -- with each guy pretty much knowing what Jerry expects from him at his designated place in the order.

Barbarossa
03-27-2006, 01:52 AM

Been a lot of talk recently about LaRue being traded. Got the 'ole Stats book out and found this little titbit. "Jason LaRue, A 1995 fifth-roundpick from Dallas Baptist, his career was sidetracked briefly when he broke his leg in a home plate collision the following year." LaRue's been catching a long time. Some teams order an MRI when they trade for pitchers. You would think that a team that was trading for a catcher would want his knees checked. This could be the result of a pre-trade physical. What do you conspiracy buffs think of that?:beerme:

Jpup
03-27-2006, 05:46 AM
Been a lot of talk recently about LaRue being traded. Got the 'ole Stats book out and found this little titbit. "Jason LaRue, A 1995 fifth-roundpick from Dallas Baptist, his career was sidetracked briefly when he broke his leg in a home plate collision the following year." LaRue's been catching a long time. Some teams order an MRI when they trade for pitchers. You would think that a team that was trading for a catcher would want his knees checked. This could be the result of a pre-trade physical. What do you conspiracy buffs think of that?:beerme:

or he got hurt Sunday while catching Paul Wilson, maybe it's rubbing off.;)

OldRightHander
03-27-2006, 09:18 AM
If I see Paul Wilson out in public, I think I'll keep my distance. This arm is just getting back to normal and I don't need another injury now, not with softball season coming up in a month and a half.

princeton
03-27-2006, 11:25 AM
Well, it probably makes Hatteberg the righthanded catcher in a platoon with Valentin behind the dish

I haven't noticed-- has Hatteberg caught at all this year?

he had a good defensive rep when he came up, but I saw him catch about 5 or 6 years ago, and it was surprising to watch him make no effort on basestealers. My understanding was that the arm was still there but that there was a mental thing about making the throw to second.

Marc D
03-27-2006, 02:27 PM
Most Umpires will throw a new ball to the pitcher after a HR. Why do we need a catcher?;)

KronoRed
03-27-2006, 03:14 PM
Most Umpires will throw a new ball to the pitcher after a HR. Why do we need a catcher?;)
Wild pitches.

pedro
03-27-2006, 08:29 PM
hatteberg hasn't caught a game since 2001.

OnBaseMachine
03-27-2006, 08:33 PM
Jason LaRue - Catcher

Jason LaRue still hopes to play on Opening Day after undergoing minor surgery Monday to repair torn cartilage in his right knee.
"I'm hoping to make Opening Day," LaRue said. "They said basically that 10 days would be for a normal person. I'm hoping to make it in seven. That's if we have no setbacks or anything like that." The best guess is that LaRue will miss the first week of the season. Mar. 27 - 5:21 pm et

http://rotoworld.com/content/clubhouse_news.asp?sport=MLB&show=NL&majteam=CIN