2B/SS R. Belliard
1B/3B H. Blalock
Util G. Atkins
B A. Kearns
B M. Bradley
B G. Anderson

Buckeye33
03-27-2006, 12:32 PM
Don't know what your setting are as far as stats, but I'd say that you have a good offense... but you are lacking starting pitching.

Garcia, Burnett, Garland, and Perez aren't enough. Especially when Perez isn't even throwing 90MPH currently. Then of course you have the injury factor of Burnett.

Also, MacDougal is out for 6+ weeks as well. I would drop him and pick up Burgos if he's available. I would also get rid of David Weathers and pick up the best FA starter available. No reason to have 5 closers.

IowaRed
03-27-2006, 12:37 PM
Does this mean you took Dunn in the first round? It would be helpful if you included the league settings and number of teams. Your pitching needs a lot of work, who is available on the WW?

Redsnake
03-27-2006, 05:51 PM
I'm not trying to be mean. But this team looks like it's no better than 6th/ 7th place at best.

I don't see a 1st round pick. Sizemore isn't a 1st round pick, late 2nd or 3rd would be a good spot.

The next question is Dunn, Rivera, Blalock and A.Rameriz would be the next top players you have. But Dunn is 4th rounder, Rivera a late 4th/5th Rameriz is 5th and Blalock is a 7th round (I sould know I selected him in all 3 of my leagues after the 7th round).

So the way I see it you are missing 1st round quality player and a 2nd/3rd player.

Your starting pitchers are not great. Your closer situation is bad.

The one positive I can say your bench is good. But you will have a ton of research before game time to find the right combination.

KearnsyEars
03-30-2006, 12:10 PM
Please rate my fantasy team:

P M. Rivera
P A. Burnett
P M. Gonzalez
P K. Foulke
P D. Weathers
P F. Garcia
P M. MacDougal
P J. Garland
P O. Perez

C J. Varitek
1B P. Konerko
2B M. Giles
3B A. Ramirez
SS J. Lugo
OF A. Dunn
OF G. Sizemore
OF R. Winn
OF C. Crisp
OF J. Francoeur
2B/SS R. Belliard
1B/3B H. Blalock
Util G. Atkins
B A. Kearns
B M. Bradley
B G. Anderson

Above is my fantasy team.... which team is better, that one or this one:

CT Frozen Ropes
P R. Oswalt
P D. Willis
P J. Isringhausen
P B. Webb
P M. Prior
P M. Mulder
P J. Blanton
P J. Lieber
P C. Capuano
C I. Rodriguez
1B T. Hafner
2B T. Iguchi
3B E. Chavez
SS R. Furcal
OF J. Bay
OF K. Griffey Jr
OF G. Jenkins
OF J. Dye
OF R. Sanders
2B/SS P. Polanco
1B/3B R. Sexson
Util T. Glaus
B J. Lopez
B M. Timlin
B J. Burnitz

Red Leader
03-30-2006, 12:59 PM
I'd take team 2 everytime.

Redsnake
03-30-2006, 01:33 PM
Team 2 seven days a week.

If you go head to head position vs. position, I see only 2 advantages going your way. Closers or 2nd base. The rest has to go to him. That's not saying you position players aren't good. He just has more power and more starting pitching. You will beat him in saves, but he'll be in the mix. You will beat him in SB, but it is very close. While the whole time he will crush you in K's, W, ERA, HR and RBI, just to name a few catagories.

Can you post your draft choices by the rounds you selected them in?

KearnsyEars
03-30-2006, 05:26 PM
My draft

Adam Dunn (8)
Grady Sizemore (13)
Aramis Ramirez (28)
Mariano Rivera (33)
Paul Konerko (48)
Marcus Giles (53)
Jason Varitek (68)
Hank Blalock (73)
Randy Winn (88)
Coco Crisp (93)
Julio Lugo (108)
Jeff Francoeur (113)
A.J. Burnett (128)
Mike Gonzalez (133)
Keith Foulke (148)
Dave Weathers (153)
Milton Bradley (168)
Freddy Garcia (173)
Ron Belliard (188)
Mike MacDougal (193)
Jon Garland (208)
Austin Kearns (213)
Oliver Perez (228)
Garrett Atkins (233)
Carl Pavano (248)

Dom Heffner
03-30-2006, 06:10 PM
Dude, you could have gotten Dunn much later than 8th. I got him in the 6th, I believe. David Ortiz was available at 9 (I got lucky- someone took Andruw Jones with the 6th overall pick), so you should have gotten someone better than our favorite Red, right? Who went ahead and just after Dunn in your league?

And Sizemore 13th? I would have grabbed Michael Young or Chase Utley or David Wright ahead of him. Was Abreu there? This is going to kill me until I find out. :)

pedro
03-30-2006, 06:14 PM
Dude, you could have gotten Dunn much later than 8th. I got him in the 6th, I believe. David Ortiz was available at 9 (I got lucky- someone took Andruw Jones with the 6th overall pick), so you should have gotten someone better than our favorite Red, right? Who went ahead and just after Dunn in your league?

And Sizemore 13th? I would have grabbed Michael Young or Chase Utley or David Wright ahead of him. Was Abreu there? This is going to kill me until I find out. :)

Depends on whether or not your league requires a true CF.

eidt: actually yoy are right, that is a stretch.

nmculbreth
03-30-2006, 07:14 PM
No offense but you over valued Dunn and Sizemore and consequently you have no first or second round talent on your team. Add in your dreadful pitching staff and it looks like it could be a long season.