PDA

View Full Version : Wang Injured By Hard Hit Ball

BuckU
03-27-2006, 03:07 PM
:lastyear: Regretfully, I had to post this.

I'm a sucker for a cheap punchline.

http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/story/9338815

Yankees' Wang leaves game with bruised knee
March 26, 2006
CBS SportsLine.com wire reports

TAMPA, Fla. -- New York Yankees pitcher Chien-Ming Wang left in the third inning of Sunday's exhibition game against the Detroit Tigers with a bruised right knee after he was hit by a batted ball.

Wang was hit by Curtis Granderson's hard one-hop liner with one out in the inning. He walked gingerly around the mound before being taken out of the game.

The Taiwanese right-hander underwent X-rays at a local hospital, which were negative.

"Everything was normal, so that's good," Yankees manager Joe Torre said. "One thing you don't want to mess with now, even though there's nothing that's going to be long term here, you don't want him favoring something and wind up hurting his arm. So, you're just going to have to see how long it takes."

Wang is competing with Jaret Wright and Shawn Chacon for two rotation spots behind opening day starter Randy Johnson and Mike Mussina. He allowed two runs and three hits in 2 1/3 innings. New York plans on using four starters during the first couple weeks of the season because of off days.

Torre doesn't know if Wang will make his next exhibition start Friday at Arizona.

"The next 48 hours will probably tell us more than anything else," Torre said.

Wang hasn't ruled out pitching against the Diamondbacks.

"Not too bad," he said of his kneecap.

AP NEWS
The Associated Press News Service

Copyright 2005-2006, The Associated Press, All Rights Reserved

flyer85
03-27-2006, 03:14 PM
that would sting a little.

KronoRed
03-27-2006, 03:17 PM
Poor Wang

M2
03-27-2006, 03:19 PM
I hate it when that happens.

vaticanplum
03-27-2006, 03:19 PM
Posada broke his nose a couple of days ago, also after being hit by a ball. He's expected to miss Opening Day in Oakland.

There's a Clueless joke in here somewhere, but I don't suppose you guys will get it...?

BuckU
03-27-2006, 03:24 PM
Posada broke his nose a couple of days ago, also after being hit by a ball. He's expected to miss Opening Day in Oakland.

There's a Clueless joke in here somewhere, but I don't suppose you guys will get it...?

:laugh:

oneupper
03-27-2006, 04:06 PM
At least he wasn't hurt in the WBC.

Caveat Emperor
03-27-2006, 05:19 PM
It's too bad that Jung Bong wasn't somehow involved in this story.

vaticanplum
03-31-2006, 09:58 AM
And in other news, Carl Pavano may now have his stay on the DL extended because of...a bruised butt.

No, really.

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20060330&content_id=1375419&vkey=spt2006news&fext=.jsp&c_id=nyy

I swear, if the Yankess weren't the Yankees, they'd have picked up some fans over the last couple of seasons just for prevailing to some degree over the sheer comedy of their injuries.

Puffy
03-31-2006, 10:54 AM
So the Yankees have an injured Wang and a bruised butt.

Sounds like me after my trip to Vegas.