PDA

View Full Version : Computer microphone/recording question

The Baumer
03-28-2006, 01:49 AM
Hey there. Whenever I record sound with my computer microphone there is this faint clicking and beeping in the background. It repeats every few seconds. There is no audible sound so I know it must be inside the microphone or computer and added to the recording digitally. Does anyone know what this is or how to fix it?

ghettochild
03-28-2006, 01:53 AM
try not moving your mouse when you record. a lot of the time the clicking and beeping will be because of the mouse moving around. i have that trouble a lot too when recording music.

and/or make sure its not too close to your monitor, sometimes the feedback from CRT monitors can do that. i don't know if LCD screens do it though

westofyou
03-28-2006, 10:49 AM
Hey there. Whenever I record sound with my computer microphone there is this faint clicking and beeping in the background. It repeats every few seconds. There is no audible sound so I know it must be inside the microphone or computer and added to the recording digitally. Does anyone know what this is or how to fix it?
I'd also go to the master volume and try and drop all the sound levels except for the Microphone.