PDA

View Full Version : Suppose your team's playing against the Giants and Barry Bonds...

max venable
03-28-2006, 10:09 AM
...this year. And Bonds goes deep...

Wouldn't you as a pitcher (or manager, or anyone on the team for that matter), just be completely pissed? I mean, in light of all the stuff that we know about this guy:

1. He's on roids
2. He wears more armour than a medieval knight
3. He an all-around bad guy

I mean, if this dude burns me for a bomb, I'd just be seething! :angry:

I think he's a joke. I think his records and HR totals and all that stuff are a complete sham. Looking back, with the juicing and the body armour...

It'd make me totally sick to see a cheater like him beat my team.:barf:

Know what I mean?

blumj
03-28-2006, 10:09 AM
Julian Tavarez would go after him.

cumberlandreds
03-28-2006, 10:22 AM
I would either walk him or hit him every time up unless you had a situation where the game was on the line. Such as bases loaded,tie game, bottom of the ninth. Other than that type of situation, I wouldn't give him a chance at hitting a home run to get any closer to Hank or Babe.

redsfan30
03-28-2006, 10:55 AM
Like him or not (which I surely don't) he will bring out the best competition in every pitcher he faces. Nobody wants to get beat by him for the reasons listed above.

savafan
03-28-2006, 12:51 PM
There are some scouts who have been saying this spring that Barry is running so poorly that teams would be wise to walk him every time at bat and have him clog up the bases, even when they are loaded. Sounds like a good plan to me.

KronoRed
03-28-2006, 02:42 PM
Just bean him.

max venable
03-28-2006, 03:04 PM
Just bean him.
Man, I'd sure want to. But then, what good does it do when he's wearing catcher's gear when he's up to bat?

Dude has to be expected to get booed in every ballpark he visits this year.

Chip R
03-28-2006, 03:36 PM
Dude has to be expected to get booed in every ballpark he visits this year.

And there are going to be more people out to see him play than there would be if he wasn't playing. That said, I wouldn't run down to the box office to get tickets to the Giants series just yet. I thought I heard something earlier this year that he wouldn't be making a lot of road trips because of his knee problems. He may just skip some of those longer trips.

Highlifeman21
03-28-2006, 08:08 PM
Just bean him.

Batting helmets have earflaps.... Use Bonds' as target practice...

Tommyjohn25
03-28-2006, 08:19 PM
Just bean him.

Right on...straight shot to the knee, every freaking time he comes up. My hatred for that man grows by the day.

Nugget
03-28-2006, 08:26 PM
Depends whose pitching. If you have Harang and its the first do you risk losing your starting pitcher for the sake of making a statement?

OnBaseMachine
03-28-2006, 08:27 PM
Bean him everytime.

Dunner44
03-28-2006, 08:28 PM
If he was even in the least bit contrite... Giambi's appology was lame but at least he had one. Instead Barry goes and keeps wrestling with his personal videographer in the club room, before comming off his perch to mingle with the mere mortals in the clubroom...

He spent the morning slurping a smoothie while sitting in his corner locker, and wrestling with his personal videographer in the clubhouse. He stopped by the card table to socialize with teammates

I love that he is praised for "socializing" with teammates....