PDA

View Full Version : Got a question for you....

jmbraun773
03-28-2006, 11:57 AM
I am in a Rotissirie (sp?) league with 12 teams. I need a catcher, mine is Jason LaRue.

There are a few free agent catchers available: Barajas, Pierzynski, Bengi Molina, and Zaun. However I'm not sure if that will be enough.

My team is

C Jason LaRue
1B Paul Konerko
2B M. Loretta or J. Vidro
3B Miguel Cabrera
SS Juilo Lugo
OF Cliff Floyd
OF Brian Giles
OF Torii Hunter
Util Morgan Ensberg
BN Jeff Kent
BN Jacque Jones
BN Austin Kearns

SP Johan Santana
SP Roy Halladay
RP Todd Jones
RP Armando Benitez
P Brett Myers
P John Smoltz
P Cliff Lee
BN Chris Reitsma
BN D. Baez

I feel like I could part with one or two of my Relief pitchers packaged with an outfielder and pick up a pretty decent catcher.

Any ideas?

redsfanfalcon
03-28-2006, 12:11 PM
It looks like you could be lacking power, and Pierzynski or Barajas can give that to you. I would focus on upgrading my OF, and trading one or two relief pitchers for a power hitting OF. I would also get Jeff Kent in there at 2nd. He has way more power than Vidro or Loretta.

IowaRed
03-28-2006, 12:14 PM
Get Barajas and get rid of LaRue now

PTBNL
04-08-2006, 03:01 PM
I may be a little late with this, but if you can still use this info:
In my opinion Kendall and Pierzynkski are the worst receivers in the leagues. Well you can add Mike DeFelice if he ever makes it back up.
Stats wise you would think that doesn't matter, but when you have guys like Loazia being forced to use Melhuse - Houston, we have a problem. I could go on and on to back up my stuff, BUT I won't get personal here ;)
I would get rid of Smoltz as a starter. You have him as a reliever, does that mean he qualifies for both postions until the experment is over?

Keep Baez, no matter what and I told someone this BEFORE Gagne's surgery.
Zaun just came off the 15-day DL today.
My favorite catchers on the cheap are Mauer, Ross and Melhuse. Melhuse does a great job with Zito as well.

EDIT: I would try and get Jose Cruz, he's doing really well now that he's batting 2nd in the line-up. Furcal (AND Repko!) seem to be able to get on and Kent is gettin' him off and in! :)