PDA

View Full Version : Reds acquired catcher Ryan Jorgensen

RedLegSuperStar
03-28-2006, 04:04 PM
Reds acquired catcher Ryan Jorgensen from the Marlins for infielder Carlos Piste.
The Reds can't be this worried about losing Dane Sardinha off waivers. Jorgensen, who was the Marlins' fourth catcher, will probably back up Sardinha for Triple-A Louisville.

RedLegSuperStar
03-28-2006, 04:05 PM
Nothing like have 100 Catchers and Infielders

SeeinRed
03-28-2006, 04:08 PM
Saw they were posting headlines on the other board. Since I can't post there, heres mine: Reds, Marlins trade talent. Reds get Jorgensen, Marlins Piste.

RedLegSuperStar
03-28-2006, 04:10 PM
Anyone got stats/age on these 2?

redsmetz
03-28-2006, 04:32 PM
Anyone got stats/age on these 2?

I don't know how to do all the stuff others can do, but on baseballcube.com, neither seems significant. Jorgensen has spent six years in the minors, playing part-time. Had a sip of coffee last fall in 4 games. Piste is 19 and has been weak hitting for the O's minor league teams for two years. Looks like roster filling.

redsmetz
03-28-2006, 04:35 PM
MLB.com is listing Piste as 21 years old.

RedLegSuperStar
03-28-2006, 05:02 PM
Does he (RJ) even fit in at the AAA level? LaRue is probably going to miss the first week of the season, that would lead me to think Ross would be sent down upon LaRues return.. We going to have 3 catchers at Louisville?

SeeinRed
03-28-2006, 05:14 PM
Does he (RJ) even fit in at the AAA level? LaRue is probably going to miss the first week of the season, that would lead me to think Ross would be sent down upon LaRues return.. We going to have 3 catchers at Louisville?

I figure this move to be security in the event that one of the other catchers is claimed off waivers, as unlikely as that seems. We'll see how this plays out.

Nugget
03-28-2006, 06:47 PM
At this time AAA has no catchers as Perez has been assigned to AA. That being the case the Louisville still needs to field a team so the REDS are just making sure it can fill out a roster.

Az. Reds Fan
03-28-2006, 10:54 PM
Let's see...we have...

Jason LaRue
Javier Valentin
David Ross
Dane Sardinha
Ryan Jorgensen
Steve Lomaney
Steve Torrealba
Miguel Perez
Ryan Hanigan

Am I forgettin' anyone?

Gainesville Red
03-28-2006, 10:56 PM
Am I forgettin' anyone?

Justin Tordi

Az. Reds Fan
03-28-2006, 11:12 PM
Justin Tordi

I was kinda thinking AA and above, sorry shoulda mentioned that.

Gainesville Red
03-28-2006, 11:13 PM
I probably shouldn't have even mentioned him. I don't even think he's worth mentioning. And I'm a loyal gator fan who watched him for four years. You'd think I'd be more excited about him being in the organization.

TOBTTReds
03-28-2006, 11:28 PM
John Purdom, pride of Sycamore HS (oh yeah and Kevin Youkilis)

George Foster
03-28-2006, 11:40 PM

If LaRue comes back after a week, he will be tougher than the chucks in Dunns stool. I don't see it happening. Remember he has to squat for 3 hours, not so easy on the knees.

Nugget
03-29-2006, 12:01 AM
If LaRue comes back after a week, he will be tougher than the chucks in Dunns stool. I don't see it happening. Remember he has to squat for 3 hours, not so easy on the knees.

Putting stool and squat in the ame post - now that's class:evil:

BuckU
03-29-2006, 09:27 AM
Let's see...we have...

Jason LaRue
Javier Valentin
David Ross
Dane Sardinha
Ryan Jorgensen
Steve Lomaney
Steve Torrealba
Miguel Perez