PDA

View Full Version : Top 5:Soda Drinks

WVRed
03-28-2006, 07:09 PM
The Dr Pepper thread gave me this idea.

1.Pepsi(im a diet drinker myself)
2.Coke(same above)
3.Jones Soda(Blueberry Lemonade is the best)
4.Stewarts Grape Soda
5.Mountain Dew, better known as Nectar of the Gods.

RedsBaron
03-28-2006, 07:12 PM
1. Diet Dr. Pepper
2. Diet Sun Drop
3. Diet Stewart's Root Beer
4. Diet Sunkist
5. Diet Pepsi

westofyou
03-28-2006, 07:13 PM
1. Coke
2. Squirt
3. Vernors
4. Tamarind Jarritos
5. Dr. Pepper

redsfan30
03-28-2006, 07:19 PM
1. Pepsi
2. Mountain Dew
3. Any kind of orange soda
4. Diet Sprite
5. Canada Dry

Matt700wlw
03-28-2006, 07:23 PM
1) Mountain Dew
2) A&W Cream Soda
3) Coke
4) IBC Root Beer
5) Ginger Ale (Vernors or Canada Dry)

Sweetstop
03-28-2006, 07:30 PM
Boylan's Black Cherry...available at Trader Joe's...Vernors Ginger Ale

Diet pop is as useless as decaf coffee.....also artificial sweeteners aren't good for you. (RB)

KronoRed
03-28-2006, 07:37 PM
Sprite
Sprite Zero
Diet Sunkist
Diet A&W Cream Soda
Diet Root Beer
Coke

Red in Chicago
03-28-2006, 07:57 PM
coca cola is the best, but now that i'm older, it's
coke zero
diet coke
diet cherry coke
diet black cherry vanilla coke

can you tell i'm a coca cola shareholder;)

WVRed
03-28-2006, 07:59 PM
coke zero
diet coke

Same thing.

RedsBaron
03-28-2006, 08:02 PM
Boylan's Black Cherry...available at Trader Joe's...Vernors Ginger Ale

Diet pop is as useless as decaf coffee.....also artificial sweeteners aren't good for you. (RB)
Unlike the contrast between real coffee and decaf, I like the taste of the diet stuff as well as the real sodas, and I don't want the 150 or so calories in non-diet sodas. If I am going to consume those calories, I want something better than sodas.

paintmered
03-28-2006, 08:03 PM
Same thing.

Except they taste different. To me, anyways.

KronoRed
03-28-2006, 08:11 PM
Why they keep Diet Coke is beyond me, Coke Zero while (to me) tastes like garabge, it's better then the putrid taste of Diet Coke

Sweetstop
03-28-2006, 08:14 PM
Unlike the contrast between real coffee and decaf, I like the taste of the diet stuff as well as the real sodas, and I don't want the 150 or so calories in non-diet sodas. If I am going to consume those calories, I want something better than sodas.

I rarely drink soda at all anymore. It's something that's not good for you (regular or diet), and I can live without it.

My husband's best friend drinks 12 to 18 Classic Cokes a day. We all have our little addictions. I'm constantly amazed the man is still walking around.

KronoRed
03-28-2006, 08:15 PM
18 cokes a day??!?

pedro
03-28-2006, 08:18 PM
1. Coke.
2. Dr. Pepper
3. Mt. Dew
4. A&W Root Beer
5. Vernors

westofyou
03-28-2006, 08:28 PM
My husband's best friend drinks 12 to 18 Classic Cokes a day. We all have our little addictions.

Denny McLain drank about 20-24 Pepsis a day, had a pallete of them in his garage (if you've seen him post career you can see what can happen to you) I met a guy who played with him and also roomed with him in the minors, he told me that it was true, the man drank that much Pepsi, funny thing is he said Danny Cater drank it even more, in fact I don't think I ever saw Cater without a Pepsi, he told me.

Red in Chicago
03-28-2006, 09:19 PM
Why they keep Diet Coke is beyond me, Coke Zero while (to me) tastes like garabge, it's better then the putrid taste of Diet Coke

they keep diet coke around because it's the number 3 top selling soft drink brand behind coke and pepsi...the real question should be why do they keep tab around...now that's really sickening

Gainesville Red
03-28-2006, 09:19 PM
I have a freind that drinks a 12-pack or so of Mountain Dew a day. When he smiles you can tell what happens to your teeth when you drink a 12-pack of Mountain Dew a day. They're gross.

IslandRed
03-28-2006, 10:05 PM

Because schmucks like me drink it.

I'm one of those guys who drinks too many sodas, and switched to Diet Coke nearly 20 years ago as a pre-emptive strike against the day when I'd graduate, get a real job and not have the metabolism of a racehorse anymore. It took awhile to acquire a taste for it, but it was better than Diet Pepsi, which I've never liked. Now, even Coke Zero tastes too sweet for me, much less regular Coke (which isn't really all that sweet) or, heaven forbid, Pepsi.

Funny that Red in Chicago mentioned Tab... one of my old co-workers drinks that. There aren't many Tab drinkers, but they're devoted to it, and I think Coke is afraid their offices would be burned to the ground if they ever stopped selling it.

OldRightHander
03-28-2006, 10:10 PM
When I do have a soft drink, it's Coke. I don't care for any of the diet versions at all. I just drink the real stuff and limit how much I drink. I might have 4 or 5 in a week. Occasionally I go for a Mountain Dew, but not that often.

captainmorgan07
03-28-2006, 10:12 PM
anybody ever drink surge back in the day it's suppossed to be back with a new name i think there callin it vault

westofyou
03-28-2006, 10:21 PM
I might have 4 or 5 in a week.

I might have 4-5 every six weeks.

I live on Iced Tea, non-sweet.

Caveat Emperor
03-28-2006, 10:30 PM
Caffinee is the only thing that keeps me going in school. I'll put away 2 64 oz "Double Gulp" sodas from 7-11 per day during finals.

I switched cold-turkey to diet when I started law school, which is fortunate, because otherwise I'd weigh 500 pounds by now.

My Top-5:

1. Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper
2. Diet Pepsi
3. Coke Zero
4. Diet Dr. Pepper
5. Diet Mountain Dew

bucksfan
03-28-2006, 10:54 PM
Mountain Dew
Big Red
Coke
Vernor's Ginger Ale
Dr. Pepper

biggestREDSfan
03-28-2006, 11:36 PM
For many years all I ever drank was either Coke or Pepsi. I miss those days! All I drink now is diet colas. And it has made a big difference for the good in my life. Seriously, I have lost 325 lbs. in the last 6 years by switching. My 5 favorite diet colas are:
1) Diet Coke
2) Diet Pepsi
3) Diet Big-K Cola (from Kroger's)
4) Diet Shasta Cola
5) Diet Sunkist
:drink: :drink: :drink:

Ravenlord
03-29-2006, 04:44 AM
overall, Pepsi from a glass bottle...something i haven't had since i was about 6 years old.

Moutain Dew from a can.
fountain Coke with pizza.
fountain or can Dr. Pepper with Chinese.
Cream Soda with hot dogs.
warm Mountain Dew from a can for sippin'

but it's Lent right now so i've had 0 mg of caffeine since Ash Wednsday. it's been mostly replaced with water and Woodchuck Hard Cider.

creek14
03-29-2006, 09:12 AM
I drink only water*. In excess of 100 oz a day. Here are a few reasons why. :)

*and the occasional Bloody Mary

WATER
#1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated. (Likely applies to half the world population.)

#2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is mistaken for hunger.

#3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3%.

#4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of Washington study.

#5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.

#6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.

#7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.

#8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer. Are you drinking the amount of water you should drink every day?

COKE
#1. In many states the highway patrol carries two gallons of Coke in the trunk to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.

#2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of Coke and it will be gone in two days.

#3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous china.

#4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers:
Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.

#5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.

#6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Apply a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.

#7. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for sumptuous brown gravy.

#8. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of Coke into the load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.

FOR YOUR INFORMATION:
#1. the active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. It will dissolve a nail in about four days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase of osteoporosis.

#2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial trucks must use a hazardous Material place cards reserved for highly corrosive materials.

#3. The distributors of Coke have been using it to clean engines of the trucks for about 20 years!

Now the question is, would you like a glass of water?
or Coke?

TRF
03-29-2006, 09:27 AM
I like water.

but...

Mt. Dew
Mt. Dew
Barq's Root Beer
IBC Root Beer
Mt. Dew

Do the Dew.

Sweetstop
03-29-2006, 10:05 AM
Amen about the water, creek....and the Bloody Mary.

RedFanAlways1966
03-29-2006, 10:09 AM
1. Diet Vanilla Pepsi
2. Diet Pepsi
3. Diet 7-Up

Chip R
03-29-2006, 10:28 AM
I drink only water*. In excess of 100 oz a day. Here are a few reasons why. :)

*and the occasional Bloody Mary

WATER
#1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated. (Likely applies to half the world population.)

#2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is mistaken for hunger.

#3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3%.

#4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of Washington study.

#5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.

#6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.

#7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.

#8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer. Are you drinking the amount of water you should drink every day?

COKE
#1. In many states the highway patrol carries two gallons of Coke in the trunk to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.

#2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of Coke and it will be gone in two days.

#3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous china.

Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.

#5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.

#6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Apply a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.

#7. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for sumptuous brown gravy.

#8. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of Coke into the load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.

FOR YOUR INFORMATION:
#1. the active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. It will dissolve a nail in about four days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase of osteoporosis.

#2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial trucks must use a hazardous Material place cards reserved for highly corrosive materials.

#3. The distributors of Coke have been using it to clean engines of the trucks for about 20 years!

or Coke?

Plus, have you ever seen a commie drink water?

http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/acid.asp

RedsFan75
03-29-2006, 10:47 AM
COKE

FOR YOUR INFORMATION:

or Coke?

Did you see the Mythbusters episode where they busted all those myths except 1 and 4. As to #5, Yes it worked to clean the corrosion off batteries, but so did WATER! :) #7 is also true with 7Up (which my mom uses) and water. Keeps the ham nice and moist.

I worked at a coke plant for 6 months between classes, and we never used it clean the truck engines.

The water facts are true, most of the US is chronically dehydrated. With number 6 on that list especially true, as someone with a back injury, and chronic arthritis pain in the spine and joints, I can tell when I've not been getting enough water.

That being said when I drink soda it's either Diet Pepsi, or Pepsi One. Can't stand Coke after working there! :)

My Dad is 81 and drinks a 6-pack of regular Pepsi a day, and has as long as I can remember. Still going stong, with good bones, and very good health, considering his age and black lung.

GAC
03-29-2006, 10:50 AM
Not really a big pop drinker amymore; but I gotta have it with pizza (Pepsi).

But some of my favorites are....

Frostop RB
Barq's creme soda
7 Up

But in the summer I'm a BIG sun tea drinker (but unlike woy, mine's loaded with sugar ;) ).

I hate anything with artificial sweeteners, and can't stand any diet pop. And when I do drink Pepsi, it's caffeine free.

westofyou
03-29-2006, 10:52 AM
My Dad is 81 and drinks a 6-pack of regular Pepsi a day, and has as long as I can remember. Still going stong, with good bones, and very good health, considering his age and black lung.

I'm guessing he jumped on the Pepsi bandwagon in the 30's, Pepsi was almost bankrupt and they offered to sell out to Coke, who said nah.... we'll let you die.

Instead they went out and bought bottles bigger than Cokes standard 8 oz and dropped the price to a nickle.

That plus the depression helped save their skin and ended up being a thorn in Cokes side sinc ethen.

vaticanplum
03-29-2006, 10:59 AM
I've never had a soda in my life. I had a sip as a kid, hated the carbonation, had another sip 20 years later, still hated the carbonation.

I can't really say that I drink things that are healthy, but at least I can say that soda is not one of them.

Roy Tucker
03-29-2006, 11:34 AM
I'm pretty much of a water guy these days too. It's a good thing my office is close to the men's room.

But I do like a sodie-pop every so often.

- Diet Cherry 7-Up
- Diet Rite Red Raspberry or White Grape
- Diet Dr. Pepper
- Diet Barq's Creme Soda
- Diet Vernor's Ginger Ale

And once in a blue moon, I like to have a plain old ice-cold Coca-Cola. I love Coke, but all those empty calories are just killers.

pedro
03-29-2006, 11:36 AM
I drink way more water than anything else.

I might drink 1-2 sodas a month, if that.

Raisor
03-29-2006, 04:37 PM
The greatest soft drink I've ever had is still the old Fanta Red Cream Soda (Red Pop)

Current top five (since I can't find Fanta Red Pop anywhere)...grrr....

1. Coke Classic
2. Sunkist Orange
3. Mt Dew
4. Barques Rootbeer

Actually, that's it. I drink way more water then I used to. Pretty much only drink soda with meals. If I'm thirsty during the day, it's water.

Red Leader
03-29-2006, 04:44 PM
1. Coke
2. Squirt
3. Vernors
4. Tamarind Jarritos
5. Dr. Pepper

Close to mine.

1. Coke Classic
2. Squirt
3. Ting (imported)
4. Vernors
5. Welch's Grape / Sunkist Orange

westofyou
03-29-2006, 04:51 PM
Close to mine.

1. Coke Classic
2. Squirt
3. Ting (imported)
4. Vernors
5. Welch's Grape / Sunkist Orange
Ting is like Squirt eh?

Ting has always been one of our favorite products made by Pepsi. This product, which is made in Jamaica, is absolutely refreshing. Starting with the 6% grapefruit juice, it has a very clean and refreshing citrus flavor and it's sweetened with real sugar.

You know you're old when you remember drinking this.

http://thebottlecapman.com/images/Unused%20Soda%20Plastic/TEEM.JPG

As for Root Beers I was always partial to this (though Root Beer tastes like melted cotton candy to me)
http://thebottlecapman.com/images/Unused%20Soda%20Plastic/Frostie%20Tear%20Drops.jpg

TRF
03-29-2006, 04:55 PM
The greatest soft drink I've ever had is still the old Fanta Red Cream Soda (Red Pop)

Current top five (since I can't find Fanta Red Pop anywhere)...grrr....

1. Coke Classic
2. Sunkist Orange
3. Mt Dew
4. Barques Rootbeer

Actually, that's it. I drink way more water then I used to. Pretty much only drink soda with meals. If I'm thirsty during the day, it's water.

Wal-Mart baby!

They'll order it and stock it for you at no charge. My kids loooove Fanta... all flavors.

personally i think its bile, but hey to each their own. :D

westofyou
03-29-2006, 04:56 PM
The greatest soft drink I've ever had is still the old Fanta Red Cream Soda (Red Pop)That was a big time drink back in the day in Michigan.. as was the whole Faygo line.

Red Leader
03-29-2006, 04:58 PM
Ting is like Squirt eh?

Ting has always been one of our favorite products made by Pepsi. This product, which is made in Jamaica, is absolutely refreshing. Starting with the 6% grapefruit juice, it has a very clean and refreshing citrus flavor and it's sweetened with real sugar.

http://thebottlecapman.com/images/Unused%20Soda%20Plastic/TEEM.JPG

Kinda, sorta. I'd say they are in the same phylum of soda drinks. I've never heard of anyone that liked Squirt, but didn't like Ting. It has more of a bite (the grapefruit used) to it than Squirt, but I always cut up a fresh lime and put it in my Squirt to give it more bite anyway. After you drink Ting, you'll think Squirt it too watered down...

And I was a huge fan of Teem as a kid.

Dom Heffner
03-29-2006, 08:17 PM
Dr. Brown's Black Cherry Cola for me.

Caveat Emperor
03-29-2006, 08:26 PM
or Coke?

Coke has one serious advantage over water: a tall, cold glass of water won't help me stay awake during a hideously boring morning class. ;)

Newport Red
03-29-2006, 08:40 PM
I only drink soda once or twice a week.
If I do it's:

1) Dr. Pepper
2) Ginger Ale
3) Ale 8 - for a change of pace.

Unsweetened ice tea all other times.

Falls City Beer
03-29-2006, 08:55 PM
Drinking water helped me stop smoking and cut back on my drinking...other stuff.

Water and wintogreen life-savers: heaven-sent.

I can't drink sodas.

paintmered
03-29-2006, 09:03 PM
Coke has one serious advantage over water: a tall, cold glass of water won't help me stay awake during a hideously boring morning class. ;)

http://www.wellesley.edu/Chemistry/Chem101/caffeine/water-joe.gif

deltachi8
03-30-2006, 12:10 AM
or Coke?

coke...much more exciting.

I use to drink a 2 liter a day of the stuff, but quit a couple years ago when i decided to lose weight. still miss it....

coke zero is pretty good....but I have taken a liking to iced tea...unsweetened or sometimes with Splenda.

and from George Carlin's rules for 2006:

New Rule: There's no such thing as flavored water. There's a whole aisle of this crap at the supermarket, water, but without that watery taste. Sorry, but flavored water is called a soft drink. You want flavored water? Pour some scotch over ice and let it melt. That's your flavored water.

RFS62
03-30-2006, 07:48 AM
Diet Pepsi, water, and Iced Tea