PDA

View Full Version : Statement from Welsh Last Night

BigRed
03-28-2006, 09:58 PM
Did anyone else hear Chris Welsh mention last night that there were rumors of the Reds acquiring a 1st Baseman? I was wondering who might be rumored to be the guy. Also, Krivsky seemed to be concerned about the lack of a closer. I wonder if he is trying to acquire somebody to close.

kbrake
03-28-2006, 10:00 PM
I have not really heard anything, nor do I have any connections like some here, but I do really expect to see the Reds active in these last few days before the club heads north.

Gainesville Red
03-28-2006, 10:49 PM
Not sure if I'm excited about making moves, or dreading it. We'll call it 60/40 excited I guess.

toledodan
03-29-2006, 02:15 AM
Did anyone else hear Chris Welsh mention last night that there were rumors of the Reds acquiring a 1st Baseman? I was wondering who might be rumored to be the guy. Also, Krivsky seemed to be concerned about the lack of a closer. I wonder if he is trying to acquire somebody to close.

i heard it as well. i'm not really sure who's out there besides pena but he's a free agent. its amazing we get rid of casey and now we are looking for a first baseman.:bang:

jmcclain19
03-29-2006, 02:46 AM
i heard it as well. i'm not really sure who's out there besides pena but he's a free agent. its amazing we get rid of casey and now we are looking for a first baseman.:bang:

Different Regime - different circumstances.

They don't have a $8 million salary boat anchor anymore - not that Krivsky & Co had anything to do with that trade.

toledodan
03-29-2006, 03:04 AM
Different Regime - different circumstances.

They don't have a $8 million salary boat anchor anymore - not that Krivsky & Co had anything to do with that trade.

i know but have we really done anything with that 8 million yet?

jmcclain19
03-29-2006, 03:17 AM
i know but have we really done anything with that 8 million yet?

Step forward Chris Hammond, Rick White, Adam Dunn and Rich Aurilia

RedLegSuperStar
03-29-2006, 04:47 AM

Im not sure about this but Pena isn't yet a FA, he was placed on waivers and if the Reds claim him I think they are supposed to work out a deal to acquire him. Hopefully the Reds and Dodgers are still in talks about either LaRue or Valentin for the Reds to acquire a closer or if the rumors were true Penny.