PDA

View Full Version : Who does Marty have feuds with?

GOREDSGO32
03-29-2006, 03:07 AM
I know he doesn't like Buck Showalter, he said before that he tried to fire his son while he was at Arizona for saying stuff about the team or his managerial decisions or something like that.

I know he hates the Cubs but does anyone know the real story behind that? I know I heard about a feud with Ron Stone a few years back, I can't remember what it was about though ... and I think it goes back even farther. Anyone have details?

Larkin411
03-29-2006, 08:44 AM
I think someone as cantankerous as Marty probably doesn't need too many "reasons" for his feuds. He's always running his mouth about someone or something so it's hard to keep track of all his squabbles and the details therein.

Wheelhouse
03-29-2006, 09:10 AM
Marty is no fan of LaRussa, "inventor" of the game of baseball.

Chip R
03-29-2006, 09:18 AM
Marty is no fan of LaRussa, "inventor" of the game of baseball.

Actually he likes LaRussa now since he treated Thom very well during the 2004 World Series. I think he's OK with Santo but they had a tiff a couple of years ago. I know, what are the odds, an overly emotional old man and a grumpy old man. Not quite sure who he is feuding with these days. He was cracking on Bob Feller the other day but Feller is a guy who makes Marty look like Sean Casey.

Rotater Cuff
03-29-2006, 09:21 AM
I know he doesn't like John Kerry or most Dems from the 04 election! That's a plus in my mind.

Chip R
03-29-2006, 09:24 AM
I know he doesn't like John Kerry or most Dems from the 04 election! That's a plus in my mind.

There's a place for that kind of talk and it isn't on this board.

creek14
03-29-2006, 09:27 AM
As often as I yell "oh shut up Marty" at the radio, we must be feuding.

KearnsyEars
03-29-2006, 09:54 AM
I love marty....and his grumpy attitude.

Newman4
03-29-2006, 10:05 AM
He doesn't like Leatherpants

flyer85
03-29-2006, 10:10 AM
If he doesn't like Santo that's fine with me. After getting XM last year I was shocked when I listened to him. He sounded like the drunk at the end of the bar. Added nothing to the broadcast other than loud and unintelligible noises when something happened on the field.

Hap
03-29-2006, 10:15 AM
Marty slid down the slippery slope years ago and started using his position in the broadcast booth as a forum to rant his political and personal opinions.

Chip R
03-29-2006, 10:15 AM
If he doesn't like Santo that's fine with me. After getting XM last year I was shocked when I listened to him. He sounded like the drunk at the end of the bar. Added nothing to the broadcast other than loud and unintelligible noises when something happened on the field.

Yeah, Santo's horrible. He makes Joe sound like Vin Scully.

redsmetz
03-29-2006, 10:46 AM

Oh, dear lord, he wouldn't shut up about his pals that were Republicans. He fawned all over Dick Cheney last year. :thumbdown