PDA

View Full Version : Lancaster Roster Prediction

flyer85
03-29-2006, 12:28 PM
Catchers (3) -- LaRue, Valentin, Ross
Infielders (6) -- Aurilia, Encarnacion, Freel, Hatteberg, Lopez, Womack
Outfielders (4) -- Dunn, Griffey, Kearns, McCracken
Pitchers (12) -- Arroyo, Belisle, Burns, Claussen, Coffey, Hammond, Harang, Mercker, Milton, Weathers, White, Williams

Interesting - No Wagner.

If it was me I would find a replacement for McCracken, get Carlos Pena and release Womack. In addition I would give White his walking papers and keep Wagner.

NJReds
03-29-2006, 12:35 PM
If it was me I would find a replacement for McCracken, get Carlos Pena and release Womack. In addition I would give White his walking papers and keep Wagner.

After a rough start, Wagner's been pretty solid. His numbers are better then Coffey's (slightly). I think they liked Wise over McCracken, but then he sprained his ankle. I cuncur, there's no reason to keep Rick White.

flyer85
03-29-2006, 12:38 PM
there's no reason to keep Rick White.certainly true based on his career to this point. Especially now that he is 37, has way to high of a WHIP and doesn't miss bats. His 3.72 ERA from last year was a fluke. If he is on the roster I expect either a) he will be little used b) have a major flameout

KronoRed
03-29-2006, 03:31 PM
White over Wagner would be baffling, just because he's a vet I'd guess.

RedLegSuperStar
03-29-2006, 04:49 PM
I'd take Buchanon(sp?) Over McCracken, But I like the idea of signing Pena and possibly trading a couple Bullpen guys to ATL for John Thompson..maybe even less considering Thompson is suffering some soreness in his arm. Then have Williams start the season in the rotation and then have Thomson take his slot once he is healthy and move Williams to the pen.

flyer85
03-29-2006, 04:58 PM
But I like the idea of signing Pena and possibly trading a couple Bullpen guys to ATL for John Thompson.read today where Thomson had an MRI for a sore elbow which showed a lot of inflammation in the back of the elbow. Not a good sign.

RedLegSuperStar
03-29-2006, 05:20 PM
read today where Thomson had an MRI for a sore elbow which showed a lot of inflammation in the back of the elbow. Not a good sign.

Dang, ace that idea.. I just saw on the braves website before I posted that earlier that he had soreness in the elbow.

Nugget
03-29-2006, 07:01 PM
White over Wagner would be baffling, just because he's a vet I'd guess.

White's been signed to a Major League guaranteed contract - How could Kullman be here for a couple of weeks and make such a big mistake, maybe he got Weather's and his son's ages mixed up - so I'm guessing RCast has said you take him north and if he doesn't work out after a month then we eat his contract.

reds44
03-29-2006, 09:17 PM
nevermind

reds44
03-29-2006, 09:19 PM
McCracken should make the team.

OnBaseMachine
03-29-2006, 09:35 PM
McCracken should make the team.

Not really. 35 years old, career .712 OPS. Denorfia should have been a lock over McCracken.

kbrake
03-29-2006, 09:40 PM
I still think Wise will be in Cincinnati at some point this season. I really feel bad for him with the injury. Other then that, I really dont think White should make the team, but I dont know what to do with Wagner. He started off so promising I really think they may have ruined him by rushing him.