PDA

View Full Version : This won't affect Opening Day...

KittyDuran
03-29-2006, 04:26 PM
Rock Bottom to close for remodeling
Cincinnati Business Courier - 10:45 AM EST Wednesday

While Fountain Square is closed for an overhaul, the brewpub on the square will carry out a redo of its own.

Rock Bottom Brewery said it will close at 8 p.m. April 15 for about two weeks. During that time, the restaurant will get a new interior, a state-of-the-art audio/visual system and new menu items. A grand reopening will be held at the end of April.

Fountain Square is expected to reopen in late summer after undergoing an extensive renovation.

The brewpub's nearly 60 employees will remain on the payroll while the renovation is taking place, Rock Bottom said in a news release. Some will help with preparation for the reopening, and others will be encouraged to volunteer at charities around the city, General Manager Paul Salupo said.

"The program is not required, it's just a constructive, alternative way to utilize time off in a positive manner," Salupo said.

Rock Bottom Restaurants Inc., based in Louisville, Colo., owns and operates 93 restaurants across the United States, and 20 franchised Old Chicago restaurant locations.

Chip R
03-29-2006, 04:29 PM
Why Me??!!???!!

Red Leader
03-29-2006, 04:30 PM
Careful there, Chip. It's really starting to lose its luster.

KronoRed
03-29-2006, 05:08 PM
You know..I can't even tell what's going on in that picture.

I think that's a good thing

KittyDuran
04-18-2006, 08:19 AM
Rock Bottom moves temporary shutdown date
Cincinnati Business Courier - 11:19 AM EDT Monday

Rock Bottom Brewery said it will now close May 1 for several weeks of renovation, not in mid-April as previously announced.

The brewpub, located on Fountain Square, said it will renovate its interior, revamp its menu and add a new audiovisual system, while the square is undergoing a major renovation.

Rock Bottom plans to reopen in late May, and will keep all of its 60 employees on its payroll in the interim. The Fountain Square project will be completed in late summer.