PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Opening Day get togethers? Anyone?

PTBNL
03-29-2006, 07:03 PM
Hey there!
Anything going on Sat. or Sunday before the big day?!
Anyone interested in a get-together?
OR any suggestions on places to go for some pre-big game day warm ups?
:beerme:
Something low key with some good live music?!
Thanks in advance!
Yipeee! Come Monday my life can get back to normal!
:jump:

DJF33
03-29-2006, 07:06 PM
Some friends and I decided to get a hotel room downtown this year for Sunday night and are looking to go out.
I'm not that familiar with the area, and would like some suggestions as well. Are there some interesting things downtown or should we go into Kentucky? or both?

Cedric
03-29-2006, 07:22 PM
Sunday night in downtown Cincinnati is horrible. Even with opening day it will be Sllllow. What hotel are you staying at? Newport would be the best choice. Gameworks isn't a bad idea for a bar/games type thing. Depends on what you want to do.

PTBNL
03-29-2006, 07:23 PM
I'll be downtown as well, Count me in for something :-)

EDIT: Oops! Do you suggest anything Cedric?
Where are the bars with some live music and beers?!

Joseph
03-29-2006, 07:24 PM
We'll be at the Millenium on Sunday and eating at Rock Bottom or something that evening.

Just saying.

TeamBoone
03-29-2006, 07:28 PM
Believe it or not, Sunday is a popular night to go out.

Sunday night is good in the Main Street Entertainment District and in Mount Adams.

It's also a big theater night so the restaurants/pubs around The Arnoff are usually open late.

PTBNL
03-29-2006, 07:29 PM
Sounds good. Hey guys, I am out of town for a day or so for some exhibition games. I will check back in if I can or definitely on Friday.
<----But have car, will travel :)

03-30-2006, 02:01 AM
I'd stop by at the RB and say hi, but my family will all want to go to the ballpark real early. But who knows?

DJF33
03-30-2006, 08:48 AM
Were staying at the millenium as well on Sunday night.

Thanks for the suggestions Cedric and TeamBoone.

PTBNL
03-31-2006, 06:03 PM
We'll be at the Millenium on Sunday and eating at Rock Bottom or something that evening.

Just saying.

I just found out that I will be staying at the Millenium as well.
How many people are with you and where is Rock Bottom? In the hotel? Walking distance?

Chip R
03-31-2006, 07:39 PM
I just found out that I will be staying at the Millenium as well.
How many people are with you and where is Rock Bottom? In the hotel? Walking distance?

Rock Bottom is on the north end of Fountain Square.