PDA

View Full Version : Carlos Lee Headed To The Cubs?

RedLegSuperStar
04-01-2006, 06:17 PM
The deal would send the 2007 Free-Agent from the Brewers to the Cubs in exchange for Rich Hill, Matt Murton, and Angel Guzman. The deal could be done as soon as today.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

And the Cubs wouldn't do Hill for Kearns?

OnBaseMachine
04-01-2006, 06:21 PM
This would be a pretty fine deal for the Brewers, especially if Angel Guzman can return to pre-injury form. Doug Melvin continues to do a great job up in Milwaukee.

The Brewers will be scary good before long.

westofyou
04-01-2006, 06:23 PM
Another guy who faces an oftened challenged world when it comes to OB%.

At least Wrigley probably boosts his main offensive skillset.

Dusty Baker has man love for bat on the ball guys, I think he wishes everyone hit like Hank Aaron, more walks than K's and less walks than your average postwar slugger.

pedro
04-01-2006, 06:26 PM
Murton is a good prospect.

Doug Melvin is proving himself very astute at selling high.

Falls City Beer
04-01-2006, 06:31 PM
Murton's clearly the central piece in that deal. I don't like the other two at all, but it would be a good deal for the Brewers, when you consider the payroll room it gives them for July, potentially.

edabbs44
04-01-2006, 06:34 PM
That post was an april fool's joke. Read the comments attached.

pedro
04-01-2006, 06:36 PM
Murton's clearly the central piece in that deal. I don't like the other two at all, but it would be a good deal for the Brewers, when you consider the payroll room it gives them for July, potentially.

Yeah, the other two guys are fringe but not completely worthless as minor league fodder. Hill would probably make the Reds, which isn't saying much.

RedsManRick
04-01-2006, 06:36 PM
Going off the fact that no other news source is reporting it, I'm going with April Fools joke. It'll be interesting to see if anybody else picks up on it mistakenly. In any case, I think that's a deal tha could potentially make sense for both squads.

Buckeye33
04-01-2006, 07:16 PM
Come on, how did people not think this was an April Fool's joke. I understand the prospects supposedly going to the Brews were decent, but Milwaukee is not going to trade Lee to a division team.

April Fool's is so interesting now that every sports teams has some sort of big message board.

Izzardius
04-01-2006, 07:32 PM
This would be a good move for the Brewers-I have no idea why the Cubs would want to trade Murton right now.