PDA

View Full Version : Milton's line today vs Indians 5-3-1-1-2-9-0

Spitball
04-01-2006, 06:20 PM
CINCINNATI
E Milton IP-5 H-3 R-1 ER-1 BB-2 K-9 HR-0

...and this was against mostly regulars.

Geez, wouldn't it be great if we had a fairly decent rotation this year?

If Junior, Dunn, and Kearns stay healthy?

Teams come out and surprise all the time... :pray: ...and I'm optimistic and excited.

membengal
04-01-2006, 06:58 PM
Completely missed the game today, but that line, is, well, it's quite something. I was cringing as I opened the thread, wasn't expecting to see those numbers. At all.

Tommyjohn25
04-01-2006, 07:06 PM
If we get THAT Eric Milton this year, this team will surprise alot of people.

captainmorgan07
04-01-2006, 07:11 PM
if we get that eric milton nobody on this board should have room to complain

creek14
04-01-2006, 07:11 PM

Yet another April Fools thread, I see. :nono:

;) ;)

savafan
04-01-2006, 07:25 PM
I've said it before, the few times I've seen video of Milton throwing this spring, he looks like a completely different pitcher with a new delivery and everything. I think we'll see a big turnaround from him.

Falls City Beer
04-01-2006, 07:25 PM
I don't think it will be Milton who does the surprising this year, but I do expect the Reds front office to chip away at the plaque of inaction that helped to squander this offense last season.

Hence my prediction of a .500 season, which, judging by virtually all of the other estimates, is pretty rosy--nay, optimistic?

My take is that things crest, though you're only able to see it if you step back away from the minutiae for a bit--the Reds are riding an ungodly offensive tide; all it's going to take is a bit of risk and a bit of trading opportunism to bank the tide in a winning direction. It can be done very, very quickly, if done right.

savafan
04-01-2006, 09:03 PM
Check out Milton's spring numbers.

19 K's in 15.2 IP with 5 BB

Sure, he has a 5.17 ERA, but I think most of the 9 runs he gave up were in his first start.

max venable
04-01-2006, 09:22 PM
Call me crazy (and I know somebody will)...but I think Milton is going have a solid season this year. I think he's going to win 13 or 14 games for us.

redsfan30
04-01-2006, 09:40 PM
It could just be because the season is under two days away, but I'm really feeling good about this team right now. Milton has been a very pleasant surprise. Harang and Claussen have been very good and Arroyo will be decent.

Topcat
04-01-2006, 11:46 PM
Well atleast there is reason this year to be optimistic:) , new owners who seem to actually care, and a gm who instead of sitting around doing nothing. Has embraced the idea of reconstruction.

Cedric
04-01-2006, 11:54 PM
Sad stuff really. Imagine if the Reds hadn't tried all off season to weaken the lineup? We might actually have something to look forward to.

KronoRed
04-02-2006, 12:02 AM
If he starts hot we need to deal him fast, his contract is a burden and he at his best won't be worth it.

OnBaseMachine
04-02-2006, 12:04 AM
If he starts hot we need to deal him fast, his contract is a burden and he at his best won't be worth it.

Exactly. Deal him as fast as you can.

TeamBoone
04-02-2006, 12:24 AM
Sad stuff really. Imagine if the Reds hadn't tried all off season to weaken the lineup? We might actually have something to look forward to.

I do have something to look forward to. I didn't like all the moves... no one will ever agree with everything.

But I think the team is better, some players seem to be improved over last year, and IMHO, management/ownership has grown by leaps and bounds.

Until the numbers tell me otherwise, I have hope.

Hope springs eternal and opening day is two days away for Pete's sake!

reds44
04-02-2006, 01:33 AM
Man screw you Reds.

Coming into ST I was all set that we were going to be bad this year. I was looking forward to the offseason where Krivs and the new guys could do there thing.

However the Reds have managed to do it. Trading for Bronson Arroyo, and Milton having a good spring has done it. I am optimistic. We have 4 if not 5 pitchers that have the potential to got 200 innings. We still have a good lineup, and we have a helluva future SS and 3B.

I am excited and VERY optimistc.
Bring on the Cubs!

Caveat Emperor
04-02-2006, 03:37 AM
How long before someone surfs onto the board while drunk and thinks he can tell Eric Milton exactly what he thinks of his gopherball ways by dialing 531-1290?

Topcat
04-02-2006, 05:13 AM
How long before someone surfs onto the board while drunk and thinks he can tell Eric Milton exactly what he thinks of his gopherball ways by dialing 531-1290?

As long as he gives up Catfish Hunter homers with no men on base i'm ok with it. Face it Miltons untradeable right now . so i as a "Reds" fan am hoping he does reasonably well.:beerme:

GAC
04-02-2006, 05:55 AM
CINCINNATI
E Milton IP-5 H-3 R-1 ER-1 BB-2 K-9 HR-0

...and this was against mostly regulars.

If Junior, Dunn, and Kearns stay healthy?

Teams come out and surprise all the time... :pray: ...and I'm optimistic and excited.

One needs to try and maintain that optimism as much as humanly possible.

There are two areas that I am STILL concerned with (but have better hope).... pitching and defense.

I think our offense is gonna be fine.

My daily prayer....

Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the Lord my soul to keep,
Guard me while I sleep tonight,
And wake me safe at dawn's first light.

May Womack soon learn how to get on base
And Aurilia's range be all over the place

May Freel, during the season, refrain from drink
And God forbid that this bullpen shoud stink

Let Edward be a vacuum out there at 3rd
And hope that Milton is no longer a turd

May Bronson's golden locks make him like Samson
and Claussen's arm doesn't hold us for ransom

May Jr's hamstrings be as strong as steel
and that Adam continues to make creek squeal

But more then anything, this Lord I pray

Just give a friggin league average ERA!

AMEN ;)

SirFelixCat
04-02-2006, 07:21 AM
One needs to try and maintain that optimism as much as humanly possible.

There are two areas that I am STILL concerned with (but have better hope).... pitching and defense.

I think our offense is gonna be fine.

My daily prayer....

Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the Lord my soul to keep,
Guard me while I sleep tonight,
And wake me safe at dawn's first light.

May Womack soon learn how to get on base
And Aurilia's range be all over the place

May Freel, during the season, refrain from drink
And God forbid that this bullpen shoud stink

Let Edward be a vacuum out there at 3rd
And hope that Milton is no longer a turd

May Bronson's golden locks make him like Samson
and Claussen's arm doesn't hold us for ransom

May Jr's hamstrings be as strong as steel

But more then anything, this Lord I pray

Just give a friggin league average ERA!

AMEN ;)

Sig. worthy, if only it weren't so damn long...Fantastic, Greg!!!

Milton's last 3 starts have been, well, *gulp* good. Oh God, am I excited for the season:beerme:

creek14
04-02-2006, 07:56 AM

Do you have a camera set up in my house? :evil:

Nice work Greg. :thumbup: :laugh:

Spitball
04-02-2006, 08:50 AM
Great job, GAC! :beerme:

Chip R
04-02-2006, 08:56 AM
Who knew GAC was a poet? Nice job, buddy! :beerme:

GAC
04-02-2006, 04:10 PM
Right now, I'm a tortured artist with this back. It's no Stairway to Heaven or Freebird; but I do my best work in the solitude of 4 AM, the heating pad on high, my BioFreeze, and with about 4 cups of Folgers. ;)

KronoRed
04-02-2006, 04:20 PM
Everyone needs a muse :D

Falls City Beer
04-02-2006, 07:17 PM
my BioFreeze,

I'm not touchin' that one. ;)

GAC
04-03-2006, 04:32 AM
I'm not touchin' that one. ;)

:lol:

My chiro turned me on to this stuff a few years ago. Beats Flexall big time! I have, since then, become a "pusher" for it at work. Alot of us "older" workers use it. ;)

http://www.kasenterprises.com/images/biofreezeall.jpg

http://www.biofreeze.com/

savafan
04-03-2006, 04:35 AM
:lol:

My chiro turned me on to this stuff a few years ago. Beats Flexall big time!

http://www.kasenterprises.com/images/biofreezeall.jpg

http://www.biofreeze.com/

I'm a Biofreeze believer too! :thumbup:

registerthis
04-03-2006, 09:15 AM
Good stuff, GAC. :D

TheBigLebowski
04-03-2006, 01:40 PM
Optimism is a dangerous thing....but I have fallen victim.

I would not be shocked if we fielded a pretty decent team this year.

WebScorpion
04-05-2006, 12:24 PM
When you consider last season was Milton's first after reconstructive knee surgery, it sort of makes sense that he would have a better season this year. A pitcher with weak legs is a weak pitcher. Apparently he's done a lot of off-season strength training on his legs ... he does look like a different pitcher. I'm with Sava and Max, I think he's going to have a solid season... I'm guessing more than ten (15) wins and less than ten (8) losses with a below league average ERA. (3.85) Arroyo strikes me as the big unknown in the rotation though...the team may make or break based on his performance.
GO REDS!!!
:D

Spitball
04-08-2006, 10:00 AM
When you consider last season was Milton's first after reconstructive knee surgery, it sort of makes sense that he would have a better season this year. A pitcher with weak legs is a weak pitcher. Apparently he's done a lot of off-season strength training on his legs ... he does look like a different pitcher. I'm with Sava and Max, I think he's going to have a solid season... I'm guessing more than ten (15) wins and less than ten (8) losses with a below league average ERA. (3.85) Arroyo strikes me as the big unknown in the rotation though...the team may make or break based on his performance.
GO REDS!!!
:D

Last night's performance by Milton versus the Pirates, coupled with the arrival of Arroyo, has me optimistic that the Reds might be respectable this year. :pray: