PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Draft

edabbs44
04-02-2006, 12:21 AM
What's the feeling on how the new management will attack this year's draft? We usually try for the cheaper HS pitcher/project and it always blows up in our faces (Homer, you're our only hope). If we get one more Gruler/Howington pick, I might cry. I think with most of the future of this organization already in the majors (Dunn, EE, Felipe, Kearns), we need some close to the majors college SPs. The only problem with that is they cost $$$. Does anyone else think/hope that we'll be headed in that direction? Also, can these guys start to get more involved in Latin America? How great would it be to have a Felix Hernandez in the rotation?

cincyinco
04-02-2006, 12:25 AM
I'm in the camp that drafting a HS pitcher in the first round isn't as bad as people make it out to be.. but with this draft, and how its stocked..

Well, the Reds HAVE to take a college pitcher..

dougdirt
04-02-2006, 01:01 AM
I dont have a problem taking a HS kid in the first round at all, but this years draft seems to be very heavy in solid college pitchers, and I have a feeling that is where the Reds will go with their first round pick this year.

TOBTTReds
04-02-2006, 01:29 AM
Yup, no position players really until LATE in the 1st round. Even Drew Stubbs has fallen BIG time...can't hit. Expect to see a pitcher.

OnBaseMachine
04-02-2006, 01:41 AM
Andrew Miller, Daniel Bard, Ian Kennedy, Max Scherzer, Joba Chamberlain, or Brandon Morrow. Any one of those will be fine by me. This draft is too loaded with college pitchers for the Reds to draft a high risk HS pitcher.

edabbs44
04-02-2006, 08:47 AM
Agreed, but there is also the chance that they want to save money and go the HS route with Walden/Anderson/Drabek. But I think they HAVE to go college SPs with their first few picks. I would love to see one of those top college guys fall to Cincy.

VI_RedsFan
04-02-2006, 03:09 PM
I've had my eye on Ian Kennedy, and I wouldn't mind us selecting him.