PDA

View Full Version : Bret Hart inducted into the WWE HOF

StillFunkyB
04-02-2006, 01:02 PM
I watched the induction cerimony last night on USA.

I really wanted to see how Bret looked after his stroke, and he didn't look all that great. I was curious as to what he would say, and if Vince would even be there. I also wanted to see if the crowd would cheer "You screwed Bret" if he was there.

I imagine he was, but you did NOT see Vince on camera at all. At first I was thinking that maybe that was a good move. After mulling it over, I think maybe it was disrespectful. Bret Hart was one of the great entertainers in WWE history, why he couldn't swallow his pride just a tad more and show up and support that? Obviously, he had to allow him to be inducted, so I just don't see why he didn't.

Eddie Guererro and Mean Gene Okerlund were inducted as well.

KronoRed
04-02-2006, 04:18 PM
Wrestling has a HOF? :dunno:

savafan
04-02-2006, 04:36 PM
Wrestling has a HOF? :dunno:

Yep, and Pete Rose is in it.

Steve4192
04-02-2006, 06:00 PM
I haven't followed wrestling since I was a wee tyke, but I still tune in on occasion for a bit of the good old ultra-violence and gore. That said, unless something has radically changed in the McMahon-Hart relationship since Brett's exodus, I think Vince made the right call by not being visible at the event. If Vince had been front and center, the focus of the event would have been the feud rather than a celebration of Brett's career.

VKM's absence ensured that 100% of the spotlight was on Brett.

StillFunkyB
04-05-2006, 08:10 PM
I haven't followed wrestling since I was a wee tyke, but I still tune in on occasion for a bit of the good old ultra-violence and gore. That said, unless something has radically changed in the McMahon-Hart relationship since Brett's exodus, I think Vince made the right call by not being visible at the event. If Vince had been front and center, the focus of the event would have been the feud rather than a celebration of Brett's career.

VKM's absence ensured that 100% of the spotlight was on Brett.

That's what I was originally thinking. Guess I shouldn't be putting that much thought into pro wrestling.

I also hardly ever watch it anymore.

guttle11
04-05-2006, 08:22 PM
It certainly was surreal.

BoomerSoonerRed
04-10-2006, 02:30 AM
Yep, and Pete Rose is in it.
So is William "The Refrigerator" Perry.
Just counting down the days until Lawrence Taylor gets "inducted" on the strength of his big WrestleMania victory over Bam Bam Bigelow.:laugh: