WVRed
04-02-2006, 01:40 PM
Reds get-
3B-Miguel Cabrera

Marlins get-
SP-Homer Bailey
3B-Edwin Encarnacion
OF-BJ Szymanski

Are we overpaying? Probably. However, the thought of this lineup would be downright scary.

In a perfect world-

2B-Ryan Freel
SS-Felipe Lopez
CF-Ken Griffey Jr
3B-Miguel Cabrera
LF-Adam Dunn
RF-Austin Kearns
1B-Scott Hatteberg
C-Jason LaRue/Javier Valentin

There is a chance Dontrelle Willis could be available as well, I honestly think we would have a better chance at Cabrera than Willis.

VI_RedsFan
04-02-2006, 01:58 PM
Include Willis on their side and Votto on our side and that trade would be hard to say no to.

edabbs44
04-02-2006, 04:20 PM
No way I would do that trade for only Cabrera. We need pitching...Cincy led the league in runs scored. And who's to say EE won't be a great 3B?

aodaniel
04-02-2006, 04:24 PM
No way I would do that trade for only Cabrera. We need pitching...Cincy led the league in runs scored. And who's to say EE won't be a great 3B?

gotta agree. give away our best chance at a no. 1 pitcher when we already have a pretty solid looking 3B...gotta pass.

KronoRed
04-02-2006, 04:32 PM
Change it from Cabrera to Willis and I'm in...throw Votto in too if they want.

reds44
04-02-2006, 04:34 PM
Change it from Cabrera to Willis and I'm in...throw Votto in too if they want.
Yes. No way I am trading our #1 pitching prospect for a hitter. I would do the deal for D-Train.

Neo
04-02-2006, 04:37 PM
Don't trade Votto, the Reds need him now more than ever. He is their best chance to have a breakout season in the minors and come August he will be racking the ball in AAA. I just want him to take Hatteberg's spot on the roster for 2007.

Redmachine2003
04-02-2006, 08:13 PM
Reds get-
3B-Miguel Cabrera

Marlins get-
SP-Homer Bailey
3B-Edwin Encarnacion
OF-BJ Szymanski

Are we overpaying? Probably. However, the thought of this lineup would be downright scary.

In a perfect world-

2B-Ryan Freel
SS-Felipe Lopez
CF-Ken Griffey Jr
3B-Miguel Cabrera
LF-Adam Dunn
RF-Austin Kearns
1B-Scott Hatteberg
C-Jason LaRue/Javier Valentin

There is a chance Dontrelle Willis could be available as well, I honestly think we would have a better chance at Cabrera than Willis. I don't think I would trade those 3 for anything right now. Let see what we got first.

cincinnati chili
04-02-2006, 10:14 PM
Cabrera is way better than any of those guys, and if this trade ever went down I'd do a jig.

For those of us who are skeptical that Bailey and Szym will amount to anything, this seems like a very Cincy-friendly trade. Florida would never go for it.

Edwin's 1/2 season at Triple A was the first time he ever approached Cabrera's level of production. I like Edwin, but it's purely speculative to think he'll ever be in Cabrera's league.

dougdirt
04-02-2006, 10:25 PM
I wouldnt do that trade.

Bailey is to valuable to trade at this point for anyone that isnt a pitcher.
Encarnacion can hold his own at 3rd. He is no Cabrera, but who is?
Szymanski, he better start tearing the cover off the ball soon.

OnBaseMachine
04-02-2006, 10:43 PM
I don't have any blockbuster proposals, however, I do have a little list of trades that I would love to see Krivsky pull off. In my opinion, this would give the Reds a decent chance at competing for the Wildcard this season.

Reds deal 1B Joey Votto and RHP Elizardo Ramirez to the Colorado Rockies for 1B Ryan Shealy.

Reds deal RHP Ryan Wagner and OF B.J. Szymanski or 2B William Bergolla to the Mets for RHP Aaron Heilman.

Reds deal LHP Phil Dumatrait and PTBNL to Blue Jays for RHP Vince Perkins. Immediately send Perkins to Louisville and have Mario Soto work with him on that changeup.

2B Ryan Freel
SS Felipe Lopez
CF Ken Griffey Jr.
LF Adam Dunn
3B Edwin Encarnacion
RF Austin Kearns
1B Ryan Shealy
C Jason LaRue

RHP Aaron Harang
RHP Aaron Heilman
LHP Brandon Claussen
RHP Bronson Arroyo
LHP Eric Milton

Another guy I would target is Arizona CF prospect Chris Young. A guy with 25/25 potential and Gold Glove caliber defense, Young would do wonders for the outfield defense.