PDA

View Full Version : ESPN's Prediction.....Dead Last.

Keithwg_24
04-02-2006, 04:38 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/preview06/news/story?id=2386544

Cue the Lou Brown speech about giving them all a big ______burger to eat. Maybe we can get a life size poster of Rachel Phelps to use also.

Redlegs23
04-02-2006, 04:51 PM
So they're saying the only teams we're going to have more wins than is Florida & KC. I think some people at ESPN need to start doing their research on all the teams instead of spending all their hours researching the growth rate of Johnny Damons whiskers & the size of Barry Bonds twig & berries.

I personally think we finish with around 80 wins this year.

KronoRed
04-02-2006, 04:54 PM
I think we can right off the bat get more wins then the Marlins and Royals.

The rest..hmm.

pedro
04-02-2006, 05:08 PM
Yeah, I don't even believe the Pirates will have a better record than the Reds.

The Cubs could really implode too.

TMBS, the Reds really don't have a chance to be any higher than 4th in the NL central this year.

Jr's Boy
04-02-2006, 05:27 PM
Well the team is motivated to prove em wrong.

alex trevino
04-02-2006, 06:11 PM
There are 4 teams in the divsion who could ultimately finish last...The reds being one of them...I don't see them any better or worse.

PMand JM
04-02-2006, 07:43 PM
what is this? The 25th straight year that they have picked the Yankees to win it all?

alex trevino
04-02-2006, 08:10 PM
what is this? The 25th straight year that they have picked the Yankees to win it all?

I think the Yankees average one world Championship every 4 or 5 years so it's probably never a bad prediction.

savafan
04-02-2006, 09:14 PM
The Cubs best two pitchers are on the DL again.

The Cardinals have Sidney Ponson in their starting rotation, and their once powerful outfield is now anemic.

The Astros no longer have Jeff Bagwell or Roger Clemens.

The NL Central isn't so cut and dry as it used to be.

Izzardius
04-02-2006, 11:21 PM
The Reds will at least beat the Royals and Rockies, possibly the Marlins and Pirates as well. And who knows how they'd fare if they played in the NL West....

Izzardius
04-02-2006, 11:23 PM
The Cubs best two pitchers are on the DL again.

The Cardinals have Sidney Ponson in their starting rotation, and their once powerful outfield is now anemic.

The Astros no longer have Jeff Bagwell or Roger Clemens.

The NL Central isn't so cut and dry as it used to be.

Ponson is in the rotation, but that may work out given Dave Duncan's record with retreads. And if it doesn't, Reyes and Wainwright are waiting in the wings. I am concerned about how Encarnacion will do though.